40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers....it'd be great if you'd show up more than once and disappear!

(that probably sounded "snotty"....sorry.)

No work-out, today. But, had a LOVELY massage, yesterday - 90 minutes of pure bliss! My skin is RADIANT, today!

Tomorrow I take photos and measurements!
  • lovingrn
    lovingrn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 43.....and I am cool. Ready to loose weight !
  • swisswife
    swisswife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Hows everyone doing? I'm having a great start and I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the site.
    I've lost more that I think I should of 3.6 kg in just over 2 weeks but as I'm eating enough food everyday, I'm not hungry, I think I'm eating a balanced range of things, have upped my exercise and have cut out all the nasties (bread, pasta, additives, sugar, sweeteners, etc etc) I guess it will slow down now I'm over the initial kick start... we will see if not I'll just eat a bit more :)

I'm having a me weekend, I'm cleaning the flat today ( I'm being a bit naughty and taking a day of German school !!) with the music turned up to keep myself energized, plan to get started with Wii yoga and am going to go for a brisk walk in the snow later....

now I'm off to cook poached egg and bacon for breakfast.... not too bad this whole dieting malarky :)

Have a great day everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing great this FRIDAY!

I'm going to the gym to lift some heavy stuff. And, I'm eating VERY FEW CALORIES today, and ZERO bad carbs, in preparation for my month-end photos/measurements!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    happy Friday everyone!

Made it to the gym yesterday to lift. :happy:
    Always feel good when I get it in. My body is sore!! Amazing what over 2 weeks of no lifting can do. But it's all good. I am reminded that I worked my muscles out.

Plan is to run today - hope I get it in. I can get lazy at the end of the day...hopefully, the sunshine out there will help motivate me.

Swiss - great job on the weight loss! Am sure it will settle down, and this is just the initial "water weight" loss . Sounds like you are embracing this diet (clean eating) thing quite well. You can rock it out while you clean the flat as well and burn a few extra cals.

Beeps - good luck with your month end measurements and pics. I hope you are satisfied with the results.

Have a great weekend! My plan is to start the Christmas decorating and baking. :flowerforyou:
  • autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm super cool too !!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I got my lifting in! (Glad you did, too, sdereski!)

I might just do the photos/measurements tonight....get it overwith. Pics are NEVER good (crappy lighting), anyway. And, then it's DONE (for another month).

My scale weight is about 0.8 lbs HIGHER than the lowest I recorded in November - booooo. But, it is what it is. Time to record it. Post it. And move on with my life...
  • Stella2070
    Stella2070 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Helloooo to all the new cool kids in town!! And to the ones from across the pond, Cheerio!!:flowerforyou:

Well, my passive aggressive scales TOTALLY let me down this morning. No weight loss, but no weight gain. :grumble:

I'm blaming it on FTS. For those of you who don't live in the South, that's an acronym for "fixin to start". :bigsmile:

So, if in a week, I come in here and it sounds like the girl's gone schizophrenic, you know why, right????:devil:

NSV this week. Tried on a pair of my new jeans (PRIOR to FTS syndrome) just purchased three weeks ago, and they are already a taaaaaaaaad too big in the waist. WHAT MADNESS IS THIS????? :laugh:

The same madness that rules the "I just bought a pair of size 10 (Levis) jeans and they fit like a dream but my favorite pair of jeans which are a 13 (Amethyst) still fit, too" world!!!!!! Or the I can get into an 8 (I wouldn't dare wear them public, but someone gave me their "fat" jeans- I'm looking forward to an 8 being my fat jeans, too) but no size 9, no matter what brand, will close around this waist!!!!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hey folks,

hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was quiet - never left the house.
    Saturday was busy decorating and then had a surprise visit from my son and granddaughter. :happy:
    Sunday, I spent the day baking.

Now to get the shopping and wrapping finished up.
    No workouts this weekend, but worked hard none the less.
    Eating was good.

Off to do something physical now - not sure if it's gonna be weights or a run.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Gosh, if that picture is your granddaughter, sdereski, she is SUPER-CUTE!!

I got my lifting in, today.

My December goals:

1. eat at a deficit every day (until Xmas - then I get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to INDULGE);
    2. eat ONLY during eating window (which varies from 6 to 8 hours, daily), but even then, ONLY eat the calories alotted;
    3. get lifting in 3 x per week (except this week, when I know it will only be 2 sessions).

Once Xmas is over, then it's going to be NO BAD CARBS for the remainder of the month, and LOW CALORIES, so that my month-end photos/measurements are NOT a bust.

(Because, really, they also are YEAR-END photos/measurements and, compared to where I started 1 year ago, I want them to be AWESOME!)
  • sdereski
    Options
    good Morning all

Yes Beeps, that is my granddaughter in the picture. she is a little doll - she looks exactly like my son did, only is a blonde haired, blue eyed version of him. She's quite a little ham too. Love seeing her personality develop.:heart:

Ran yesterday. Did 6 miles on the treadmill and they felt good.
    Did my 3rd cleanse day yesterday and am attempting the 4th and final one for this 11 day challenge. Challenge ends tomorrow.
    Overall, I am down 6lbs from when I first saw the naturapath 4 weeks ago. The cleanses have not been as difficult because I have been eating clean for the month, and the cravings have stopped. :happy:

Beeps, interesting that you should mention the eating window in your list of goals. I was thinking exactly that today - continue with this intermittent fasting thing. I do believe there is something to be said about it.

How were your month end photos? Were you pleased?
    good luck with December's goals - you are going to rock those pics at the end of the year!!

Have a great day all. :flowerforyou:
  • dogladytwo
    dogladytwo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am a nerd, not cool and proud of it. :glasses:
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    How have I missed this thread until now? geesh!

I'm 46, feel/act like I'm 30 and trying to get the body to reflex the spirit inside. No kids. All my nieces and nephews think we are rich and awesome. May they never lose the awesome part! I have 15-20 stubborn pounds to lose yet. I've been on a nasty plateau for several months now. Joined MFP about a year ago. I've done 2 rounds of P90X, 1 round of Insanity and I am now doing a hybrid of the two. I do not want to let my body get used to any one workout, so I change it up each week, but still incorporating 3 days of lifting and 3 days of cardio.

Yesterday's workout was chest, back and abs. The workout was all pull ups, push ups, with weighted flys, lawnmowers, etc. Happy to say i can do 1 armed push ups, although they are not very pretty. Today was cardio so I got my groove on and did an hour of high intensity Zumba. I'll probably be dancing around the whole day.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sdereski, my month-end photos were terrible.

:cry:

They showed NOTHING. Someone said my "arms" looked better - but, please, I've been lifting heavy for about 13 months now....my arms are the same as they've always been (I have the same bicep and forearm measurements, for example).

It really means I just have to focus on the tape measure, and the scale. The tape measure has shown decent losses in Oct/Nov, as has the scale. Now, my weight loss (fat loss, actually) is slowing down, but I'm determined to get into the 140's before December is out....and then I'll dip into the low 140's by February (maybe March), 2013.

It's all one big "experiment" - as soon as I realize that there IS NO FINISH LINE, then I relax, again, and just keep going at it.

I did stick with my eating window, yesterday. But, today, was hungry mid-morning, so did eat a protein bar. Will mean my eating window is more like 8 hours, today....even with the same number of (low) calories - so I'll need to be very mindful!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Beeps, we must be sitting around the same place, only I do believe you are taller than me.

If I can continue this loss, I am hoping to be in the 140s as well - that has been my goal for 2 freakin years! Can never get there...well, I've gotten there, and in no time was right back up. :grumble:

So, this slow steady decrease is ok by me.

I know what you mean about being disappointed in not seeing the results after all the work you've been doing. I hear ya sista!
    I've done P90X, run hundreds of miles, have been lifting for a year and yet, I still look the same. :sad:
    I see the success stories and before and after pics and wonder, how the hell they got to look like that?? Beats me!:noway:

Anyway, all we can do is keep on trying! I always say "i'm still working on getting 'there'". :tongue:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    YAY!

I'm 5'9"-ish (sometimes I'm measured at 5'9", sometimes 5'8.5"....depends on how active I am at bikram hot yoga, lengthening my spine, yada-yada-yada).

I actually *do* find a difference in my shape since I started lifting heavy. That, for sure, has given me the greatest adaptation to my SHAPE (which is what I want)....but, my endurance has surely suffered and I'm really struggling to get through a cardio class, these days. Because of my asthma, I still have to remain cardio-active, plus, I *love* how I FEEL after a cardio work-out....but, cardio has NEVER done my figure ANY favours!
  • sdereski
    Options
    I hear ya Beeps on the cardio not doing anything for my shape! No kidding.
    I have to admit, that when i did P90X, I lost inches, but not weight. I felt great too. I so want to do it again, but I just cant seem to find the energy to start.

I love this clean eating thing that the naturapath has me on, but I have noticed that I do not have the energy I normally do.

So Beeps, at 5'9" you must look pretty darn good. Bet you're going for the "slender" look. I wish I could redistribute my weight - I'd a little more on top and take some off the bottom. :tongue: :laugh:

Didn't get my workout in, but I sure worked!
  • sdereski
    Options
    I apologize newcomers - meant to welcome you to the tread!
    Welcome cool kids and nerds. :wink:

dmryder - you sound like a little machine! WTG!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Cindy. I am married, 3 kids and 45 years young. I am not new to up/down weight but finally trying to lose the last 40 to goal. My highest weigh is 259.

Add me ....thanks.
  • Tonnenator
    Tonnenator Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    40 here, married, have a 26 year old adopted son who I <3<3<3 very much! Been married 21 years, went back to school last year and will graduate in May with honors! SO excited. Am going to get my Master's in Music Education and then my Doctorate in Education. Sick of being broke after hubby was laid off in 2009 but at least by the end of 2010 he was taken back. No health bennies and diabetic - kind of a scary existence but God is in control. That's pretty much me! :)