40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Wednesday night strength class. It was a rough one. Pull up holds, OH presses, rows, farmer's carries, wall sits, and waaaaay too many lunges. Calories on track!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,938 Member
    Options
    I did a cardio class on Monday, weights on Tuesday, a cardio workout on Wednesday and will do weights on Friday.

Husband and I were doing 12+ km hikes every weekend, but my work got too busy in August and I had to work all the weekends. We will aim for weekend hikes (maybe 10km Saturdays and then more of a 7-8km on Sundays) through September and October - as long as the weather holds. (I am NOT a cold-weather outdoors person!)
  • sjerseygirlm76
    sjerseygirlm76 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! Hope you have a great Thursday!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Stairclimber and legs at the gym. Discovered today that the max level is 20! I got an extra burst of energy when “Sabbath Mater” came up in my shuffle! Just saw Behemoth on Saturday and they totally played that! 🤘🤨
    Almost wanted to sing along...’Cept I don’t do that, and they’d kick me out...and probably ban me from coming back. 😂🤣😂

🤘😳
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @Beeps - I love fall hikes! My plans are to do a 10k this Sunday. It's my favourite hike, with a LOT of climbs in it. I like it because it's challenging and gives me a good workout.

My husband and I booked our holiday! We are headed to Montenegro hiking! My sister and BIL are joining us, so we chose an easier route. We should be hiking about 4 hrs / day, which is perfect. If I am going to visit another country, I want some time to enjoy the places we land in and not spend my entire day hiking through the mountain. Now, I may feel differently once I am there. lol. We are going at the end of Oct - first week of Nov. Weather should be similar to what we are having now, so perfect hiking weather. :)

Walked yesterday! It stopped raining and sun was out, but the wind darn near blew us backward. lol.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Good morning my fellow 40+, hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Good day kids, hope all is well. I am all SQUATTED out and finished with the sled. Great job everyone on staying active. Gam3rguy, come on you can record your singing and let us be the judge :D Have a great day everyone
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Good day kids, hope all is well. I am all SQUATTED out and finished with the sled. Great job everyone on staying active. Gam3rguy, come on you can record your singing and let us be the judge :D Have a great day everyone

LOL! nope! not happenin'... :p

"Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect vacation, sdereski!
  • jayemes
    Options
    @giantrobot_powerlifting how'd the meet go?

I'm doing a mud run tomorrow against my better judgement. It's a "Rugged Maniac" which already sounds like I should be twenty years younger than I am to do it, but my sister begged me, so here we are.
    Hoping to not break myself, which may be hard after helping my husband reseal the driveway yesterday. So very sore and still one coat to go.......
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »
    @giantrobot_powerlifting how'd the meet go?

I'm doing a mud run tomorrow against my better judgement. It's a "Rugged Maniac" which already sounds like I should be twenty years younger than I am to do it, but my sister begged me, so here we are.
    Hoping to not break myself, which may be hard after helping my husband reseal the driveway yesterday. So very sore and still one coat to go.......
    Rugged Maniac isn't so bad. "easier" than a Spartan. the most challenging obstacle this year is "Barzan" they are all optional and there are no penalties for fail/skip. I've seen all ages, all fitness levels there just having fun. don't panic, enjoy!

• jayemes
    Options
    @gam3rguy Thank you! The monkey bar stuff is going to be impossible for me but I'm gonna do my best! I'll let you all know if I die ;)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    @gam3rguy Thank you! The monkey bar stuff is going to be impossible for me but I'm gonna do my best! I'll let you all know if I die ;)
    Good luck!

"Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Took the puppy for her first extended walk out of the yard this morning. Not much of a workout for me now, but that will change. Looking forward to walking and hiking with a dog again.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • jayemes
    Options
    Didn't die! I couldn't do the two monkey bar obstacles (including Barzan which was insane @gam3rguy ) but besides needing a hand up the warped wall I did the other 23!
    Core class this morning too.
    Down another pound, so 4 total since I started all this jazz up again 5 weeks ago.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Didn't die! I couldn't do the two monkey bar obstacles (including Barzan which was insane @gam3rguy ) but besides needing a hand up the warped wall I did the other 23!
    Core class this morning too.
    Down another pound, so 4 total since I started all this jazz up again 5 weeks ago.
    Awesome job! 😁👍

“LIIFT4 Week 4 Day 4: Legs – HIIT"=Done! with the VEST!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Today I did cardio. Tomorrow is weights. Wednesday is cardio...see a pattern, yet?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids, I am dreaming of deadlifts in all of their variations (lol). I had block, deficit, touch and go and banded deaadlifts. The banded ones posed the best challenge. I must say I am looking pretty darn good in my jeans these days. My IPF approved gear is expected to arrive today as this is required to compete. Have a great day kids.