40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    jayemes wrote: »
    @nossmf what about doing the cardio after the weights? How many days are you at the gym? How long have you been doing the bike before weights? Maybe you just need a week or two to adjust?

Mostly it's about realistic motivation. As in, if I put the cardio after the weights, there's a 50/50 chance I may find an excuse why not to do the cardio...too tired, not enough time, etc. But if I put the weights after, there's a 100% chance I will do at least part of the weights workout.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    @giantrobot_powerlifting - wowzer! Good luck this weekend! Looks to me like you might kill it.

Have been quiet here, but just busy. Have been doing some 40k bike rides and some power walking.
    Grandkids are visiting this weekend, so it should be a fun filled one.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs...with sandbags & vest"=Done!
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Happy September!
    Core class this morning, then an hour walk with friends. Then I spent an hour helping my husband fill the cracks in the driveway so he can reseal it. My 40+ year old back has had it!
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Cycling later, but first meeting my daughter for lunch
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Great weather here this weekend, so a bunch of things going on. Yoga and an outdoor concert yesterday, quick bike workout today, and tomorrow will be a longish hike in the Bershires.

Time to get back down to business, so I signed up for the South Beach Olympic distance tri next April. Nice to have a race on the schedule again.
  • BajT29
    BajT29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there! :)
    I'm new in the 40s club. Starting it over again after I hadn't done exercises for almost a year due to hectic schedule and stressful. My goal is: lose the weight, strength and tone. I'd like to participate more races like Spartan, Terrian and others. I have other goal that I would like to, as long as I am focusing on my first goal. :#
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Back/Bis"=Done!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    I did a cardio workout this morning and then walked the CNE fairgrounds for a few hours. I feel pretty tired, now. lol

I did try one mac and cheese ball and some poutine and one beer. That’s it. BOOM!
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Spicy Monday functional training workout this morning. It was a rough one.
    Diet's on track. I lost a pounds. Hooray *little hop*
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    Going to try weights, today....I have been pretty bored with my weight workouts. I need to reset and reframe and get ‘er done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "LIIFT4 Week 3 Day 4: Legs – LIIFT 50/50"...with the vest + weights!=DONE!!!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Am so looking forward to the fall exercise classes starting up. Yoga, Pilates, zumba...all fun stuff. :)
    Have been walking and cycling when weather permits.

Happy September all - summer flew by! Sigh.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday kids, I had varied bench work yesterday and varied deadlifts today. It appears my appetite is increasing as I feel like I am devouring everything. Good news is I have not potato chips or chocolate since June. This is huge progress for me. September is Alopecia Awareness Month. I am glad that people are becoming more aware of this auto immune disease that impact millions of men, women and children. Have a great day kids.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Squats and bench presses this morning. And I pushed the sled for 20 reps. Glad that is done.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Wed is rest day, so I'm going to make that my progress check day.

So far so good for September. All 3 days of workouts done, food on target, yay me!
  • sdereski
    Options
    It rained buckets yesterday! This morning, the sun is shining and was 4C! Fall is definitely in the air in NorON!
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Currently on Day 8 of Hurricane Dorian binge in NE Florida. I'm so ready to get back into my routine!!!