GIRLS ONLY!!

Options

Replies

• juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I use tampons, so I can do whatever I had planned. My period doesn't have any effect on my day/exercise whatsoever.

If it's not too invasive, may I ask why you choose to stick to pads?
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    My normal workouts! :) I normally find staying to my normal routine helps with cramps and stuff. But if they're bad, I go for the bike so I'm sitting, instead of the elliptical or treadmill or running.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Same thing I would do any other day because I refuse to let that time of the month get in the way.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing I normally would - running , weights, whatever. Like someone else said, sometimes It makes me feel better.

my period is very short though, BUT my first day is horrid - I left work early last month because I was in so much pain. When that happens, I tend to take that day off....usually continue every other day during it though
  • Calvinsgrl1
    Calvinsgrl1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As hard as is is on one of "those days" it really does keep the oxygen moving and the blood flowing as to make your cramps feel better just keep it light. You should mix up your workouts regardless it'll be good to try something out of the pool :)
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    eh i dont really do much the first couple of days, my body is already going through enough hell lol. but once everything eases up, then i try to go into some aerobics
  • Kelhouse
    Options
    I like to do the elliptical and yoga... the movement helps with the heaviness of bleeding and the gentle yoga stretching will really help with cramps and bloating... Hope this helps :0)
  • fordster99
    fordster99 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I usually walk during my time. I get really bad cramps and my back hurts very bad so doing anything that requires me to jump around or move around too much is out of the question. I walk at whatever pace I can but for a longer amount of time. I figured even I burn 300 calories that day, its better than nothing.
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    What exercises do you do when you are on your period?
    I was going to go to the local pool but can't now.
    (I use pads btw)

Biking
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I use tampons so I don't do anything differently.. but I can imagine the ick factor with pads.. so I would suggest weight training and/or floor type calisthenics on those days..
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    I'm curious as to how many men came in here anyways and left all :frown:

Back on topic, I never let that get in the way of a workout. It's actually better for you to workout during that time. I would advise doing something low impact. Maybe strength train, you can use resistance bands. If you don't have a treadmill, I'd recommend taking a short jog around the neighbourhood; if you cramp heavily then walk.

If you can't work out, no sweat. MFP calculates your deficit. So, you don't have to work out as long as you stay within your calorie goal intake.
  • Gshepmix83
    Gshepmix83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Walking is my only means of exercising when I'm on my period or not.
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    I do insanity!!!
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    Options
    I do insanity!!!
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    lisaelainee, I do the same stuff while on period as without it. I don't do running thought, when it comes to outside it's walking. Indoors I'm doing Nike workouts, which work pretty well. Together with a diet I lose around 1kg per day (2.2 lbs / per day).
    http://www.nike.com/nikewomen/features/ntc?locale=en_US

I hate pads, have you tried tampons? They're more comfy when you're exercising.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I always take the first day off because it's awful! Then on the other days I do a workout dvd at home or i go for a bike ride :)
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I stay on the same routine! you should really try tampons! they are much more convenient and comfortable...
  • mmonconduit
    mmonconduit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do the same exercise as I always do. Pilates
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I stick to my usual routine unless I have bad cramps in which case I will probably walk instead of run. Or I'll change my rest day around if I'm really crampy, but that doesn't usually happen.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I use a diva cup and swim anyway.