GIRLS ONLY!!

Options

Replies

• KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I just walk and light weights.... If I do anything exerting at that time it makes me physically ill.... Last time I swam on it (vigorous) I actually vomited so I just can't do it.
  • veronicastelo
    Options
    My first day is awful. I can work out but it takes a lot out of me so usually I just walk, but then after that it´s back to my normal workouts.
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    I have a form of Menorrhagia and I can still work out. Its strange but I will wear both a tampon and a pad to feel secure. I run, walk and do cardio boxing. Usually only on the first day I can't work out because its really bad but after that, I'm home free!
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    lisaelainee, I do the same stuff while on period as without it. I don't do running thought, when it comes to outside it's walking. Indoors I'm doing Nike workouts, which work pretty well. Together with a diet I lose around 1kg per day (2.2 lbs / per day).
    http://www.nike.com/nikewomen/features/ntc?locale=en_US

I hate pads, have you tried tampons? They're more comfy when you're exercising.

I am scared of tampons and yet I'm sexually active, weird huh. (and too much info aha)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Ive found that if I do the excercises, My period is shorter and lighter. I stick with cardio (elliptical or treadmill) nothing I have to do too much bouncing around with, upper body is heavier, lower body is lighter that week. I do my ab workouts at home just in case all that crunching leads to an embarrassing situation.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I use a Diva Cup so I don't have to change my routine. If you want light exercise, as others have stated, walking is a good choice.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    lisaelainee, I do the same stuff while on period as without it. I don't do running thought, when it comes to outside it's walking. Indoors I'm doing Nike workouts, which work pretty well. Together with a diet I lose around 1kg per day (2.2 lbs / per day).
    http://www.nike.com/nikewomen/features/ntc?locale=en_US

I hate pads, have you tried tampons? They're more comfy when you're exercising.

I am scared of tampons and yet I'm sexually active, weird huh. (and too much info aha)

I don't use tampons either...so you're def. not alone in the pad-only mentality.

As far as exercise goes, I do walking, weights and see my personal trainer.. not much different, except I make sure to wear dark pants :)
  • allierae14
    Options
    I do my normal exercises no matter what.

If I am feeling any cramping I typically will go for a brisk walk which helps me feel better. Otherwise it is running, biking, horseback riding and doign the express circut of weights at the gym.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I do everything except for swimming, I find that working out actually helps my cramps go away and shortens my period.
    It also help with my moods and cravings. I find I can eat more when I exercise anyway :flowerforyou:
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    I don't really get bad cramps or the like so I just carry on as normal. I suppose if I did I'd try swimming or something else low-impact. I know a lot of women are afraid to swim that time of month but I've never had any embarrassing mishaps, if you get my drift. :P
  • MelBee29
    Options
    you can always do yoga ;)
  • lonewolf620
    Options
    Back when I used to get them (I'm on Depo Provera and haven't had a cycle in over a year now) I would do a lot of stretching, walking, use my parents' elliptical machine or do yoga. I would do swimming but I'd wear a super plus tampon to be on the safe side- I know how you feel.
  • handy05
    handy05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Treadmill. It's my base exercise and perfect for any and all times of the month. ;)

DITTO ON THE TREADMILL. SUPPOSEDLY THE EXERCISE IS HELPFUL DURING THAT TIME OF THE MONTH. I CAN'T SAY THAT IT IS THOUGH? EXERCISE IS EXERCISE, EITHER WAY I'M MISERABLE 'TIL ITS OVER!
  • lonewolf620
    Options
    Treadmill. It's my base exercise and perfect for any and all times of the month. ;)

DITTO ON THE TREADMILL. SUPPOSEDLY THE EXERCISE IS HELPFUL DURING THAT TIME OF THE MONTH. I CAN'T SAY THAT IT IS THOUGH? EXERCISE IS EXERCISE, EITHER WAY I'M MISERABLE 'TIL ITS OVER!

:( I used to get them bad till I started my birth control. I know how you feel. I found that thinking happy thoughts and laughter helped cut the misery down a bit. As for bloating and other mishaps I'd drink a laxative twice during my period and then twice after it ended to relieve the wonderful gifts I'd get from Mother Nature at that time.
  • KerriMx5
    KerriMx5 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Mine are bad because I have issues BUT I am finding that working out actually helps with the pain. That said getting up to do it isn't always easy. I at least aim for a walk. As long as I am moving life is better. I might move slower if doing something like 30 DS but I still workout.
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options

May I recommend you look into the menstrual cups available? I use a Diva Cup and it is *wonderful.* I can do everything during my moon than I can when I'm not bleeding- including ride a horse.

I will usually give myself the first day of my moon off- my back hurts and I just feel icky, so I pretty much stand in a hot shower and call it a day. After that, moving makes me feel better. I walk at the same speed, I do the same exercises. I do change my eating habits a little- a few days before my moon hits, my body starts craving salt like mad. I do indulge that craving but I nearly double my water intake. It helps *everything* move a bit better, if you catch my drift.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    you can always do yoga ;)
    Right, but don't do the inverted poses on your period (where your hips are high up in the air). You don't want stuff leaking out and causing endometriosis.
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    It all depends on how bad my period is. This month it was horrible. I use Mentral cups, and if my period is super heavy, they don't last long. One thing that really works for me is the stationary Bike. I have to take things really slow though, b/C I have PCOS and Endometriosis, which causes my pain to be horrible. (labor pain bad)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I usually do my normal exercises even while on my period.

I use to have very heavy and painful periods, but now that I am no longer on hormonal birth control they are gone and my periods are a lot lighter. I also try and not to use chemical items now (instead use diva cup or cloth pads) and that has help make my periods a lot lighter.
  • handy05
    handy05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

:( I used to get them bad till I started my birth control. I know how you feel. I found that thinking happy thoughts and laughter helped cut the misery down a bit. As for bloating and other mishaps I'd drink a laxative twice during my period and then twice after it ended to relieve the wonderful gifts I'd get from Mother Nature at that time.

HAHA, I MEANT THE EXERCISE!