Getting Married This Year? (Ladies only!)

Options

Replies

• ashlyrose14
    ashlyrose14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thats my birthday.. and just and FYI... I can not remember any bad weather on that day!! Best of Luck!!!
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of us! I am getting married September 2nd and i would love to lose the last 15 pounds.

I tried on wedding dresses yesterday and I was just stoked they all fit! Haven't found my perfect one yet
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Im getting married MAY 19!! Oh man its soon :). I can't wait!! I am not doing so great at losing the weight, and I already have my dress. But I do want to look fabulous for the big day... so I am hoping to shed about 15 pounds before then...

That's my wedding day too! And I have soo much to do! Including lose 40 lbs by then! Good luck!
  • brittanyleigh05
    Options
    I'm getting married in 126 days (May 11th)! I bought my dress last February and it fit...and now it doesn't. SO...I need to lose about 5 more pounds in order to fit into my dress, but would like to lose at least 10! I'm starting an AdvoCare challenge soon. Hoping that works. I've heard great things about it from friends that have used it. :) Good luck everyone! And feel free to add me!
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married for the 1st time on May 27th. Having the legal wedding and reception here, then flying to Playa del Carmen and having a beach ceremony there! Wanted to do it all there but didn't want to have to take my kids on a honeymoon/wedding trip. (I know, selfish) but I refused to get married without them. 10 pounds and I will allow myself to find a dress! Thanks for the motivation!!!
  • Bennettchub
    Options
    May 18, 2012! WHOOT!:heart:
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    This is so exciting!!
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi all :smile: I am getting married July 24th in Jamaica where we will stay for 10 days and combine our wedding and honeymoon. I am so excited and can not wait. My goal from now until then is to drop 10 more pounds and tone my stomach. I already ordered my dress and I go in May for my first fitting.

wish you all good luck!
  • mszcheon
    Options
    I'm getting married on October 20, 2012! : )
    My short-term goal is to weigh 125 by April. I want to gradually and healthily lose weight so I won't gain it all back during the honeymoon! Good luck ladies!
  • nevergiveup92
    Options
    I'm getting married March 17, 2012.. AHH! So close and SO excited! :D Congrats to all of you getting married!!!
  • madelongrin
    madelongrin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on November 3rd 2012, on our 10 year anniversary! Still seems so long away so my problem will be maintaining my weight as I probably only have half a stone more to lose! Can't wait though! :-)

Anyone feel free to add me, could do with the support! :-)
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in July in Trelawny Jamaica for the same reason! so exciting.
  • jessyca440
    jessyca440 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    I am getting married on June 9th (120 days). We are having a small backyard ceremony and a clambake reception.

I have been trying to lose weight since we got engaged almost a year ago, but have not had much success. I have kicked my *kitten* in to high gear and am now beginning to train for a mini triathlon on July 29th, but still I do not see the weight coming off.

I also follow a plant based diet, where I eat mainly raw fruits and veggies for breakfast and lunch, yet still not much luck in the weight loss department.
    I need help and I need it fast!!!
    Jess
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Let's see some updates ladies!! I know some of you are already married or getting married this month, pictures? weight loss goals met?

I still have a little less than 5 months and am 15-20 pounds from my "goal" but i think I'm going to start paying more attention to my body fat and inches lost rather than pounds..for my sanity!! :)
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Getting married next month on June 9th lost 15 lbs so far, hoping to past my 1st goal of 10% I only have 11 more pounds to go, and hoping to be a little down in the 2nd goal....
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Revisiting this old thread - hope everyone is doing well and getting to their goals. I found I was overwhelmed by wedding prep and work and didn't do what I'd like.

However, post-wedding, I'm more motivated than ever!!!!
  • giniginib
    giniginib Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in November (20 weeks!) and hoping to lose 24lbs.

I'd love for someone to add me as a friend on here for some mutual support please? :-)
  • daklex
    daklex Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Me too! 134 days and counting. What's your biggest hurdle? Let's push each other through this!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Revisiting this old thread - hope everyone is doing well and getting to their goals. I found I was overwhelmed by wedding prep and work and didn't do what I'd like.

However, post-wedding, I'm more motivated than ever!!!!

THIS. omg. I gained a few pounds before the wedding. I still looked fine. But stresses definitely increase the weight. Now that the wedding is over, I feel like there's less pressure so eating right and what not isn't a burden, it's just natural.
  • giniginib
    giniginib Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too! 134 days and counting. What's your biggest hurdle? Let's push each other through this!
    Currently my biggest hurdle is the motivation - as in a complete lack of it!! But I figured this is something I just have to get on and do! The weight isn't just going to fall off; it's going to be hard and there will be lots of times when I just don't want to resist something, but the reward will be worth it when I look amazing in my dress!

Plus it'll be even nicer looking back at the photos and thinking "I worked really hard to get to that weight, and I'm really proud of myself!"

How about you?