Please add me! Thanks!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Added the three new members :)
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be counted in! This is awesome!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options

Welcome to the group :)
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options

Welcome to the group :)

Thank you!
  • Blacksheep80
    Options
    Do we need a second recipe?

Yes! First person to post a recipe gets to have their recipe be the recipe of the week :)

How about some shrimp!

You'll Need:
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    Red pepper flakes
    1 small red onion, thinly sliced
    1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
    Salt and black pepper to taste
    Chopped flat-leaf parsley
    Zest and juice from 1 lemon

How to Make It:
    *Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is light brown, about 30 seconds. (Careful! Garlic burns and turns bitter easily.) Add the onion and continue cooking until it is translucent.

*Season the shrimp with a pinch of salt and add to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and lightly caramelized. Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve as is or on top of a small portion of buttered linguine, quinoa, or couscous.

Makes 4 servings

170 calories
    6 g fat (1 g saturated)
    470 mg sodium
    This would be great over wilted spinsch. yuummm
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Yes! First person to post a recipe gets to have their recipe be the recipe of the week :)

How about some shrimp!

You'll Need:
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    Red pepper flakes

How to Make It:
    *Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and pepper flakes and cook until the garlic is light brown, about 30 seconds. (Careful! Garlic burns and turns bitter easily.) Add the onion and continue cooking until it is translucent.

*Season the shrimp with a pinch of salt and add to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and lightly caramelized. Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve as is or on top of a small portion of buttered linguine, quinoa, or couscous.

Makes 4 servings

170 calories
    6 g fat (1 g saturated)
    470 mg sodium
    Sounds yummy. Could you add me to the group please? This is just the type of group I need to keep me on the straight and narrow. Can I ask some advice though? I am in England and don't understand how to swap a cup measurement to grams or litres. Is it easy enough to do?
  • inskydiamonds
    Options

How about some shrimp!

You'll Need:
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    Red pepper flakes

How to Make It:

Makes 4 servings

170 calories
    6 g fat (1 g saturated)
    470 mg sodium
    Sounds yummy. Could you add me to the group please? This is just the type of group I need to keep me on the straight and narrow. Can I ask some advice though? I am in England and don't understand how to swap a cup measurement to grams or litres. Is it easy enough to do?

Welcome!

I use google to convert cups to grams. It's not always completely accurate, but it gives enough of a gauge.
  • MrsAWhite
    MrsAWhite Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can I be added please? And what does "bump" mean? Thanks a lot.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Cabbage Bake

Cabbage - Raw, 1 head, large (about 7" dia) boiled and drained
    Brussels sprouts - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, about 15
    Campbell's - Cheddar Cheese Soup (Unprepared), 1 container (1 3/10 cup (120ml) ea.)
    Campbell's - Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1 container (1 3/10 cups ea.)
    Deli - Cooked Cubed Ham, 1 container (16 oz ea.)
    Albertson's - Bread Crumbs - Seasoned, 1/3 cup (30 g)

Makes 10 servings

cook brussel spouts and cabbage, drain, add rest of ingredients, sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and bake for about 30 to 45 min at 350 degrees
    168 calories per serving

I'm making this tonight... with some substitutions. I can't wait. It sounds so yummy.
  • harveysue46
    Options
    Please add me, I just joined the site this week.:happy:
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Adding the two new people.

Additionally, there is another recipe swap I am taking part in. If you are interested in taking part in it too please message me your email address. This is an email based swap!
  • WilliamsYaYa
    Options
    :drinker:
    I am very interested in participating in this recipie swap too. Please add my name.
  • Winter082
    Options
    Please add me!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So we had the cabbage dish. Substitutions that I made:

I only used half the head of cabbage, I used shredded cheese instead of soup, I used frozen brussel sprouts in butter, and I used crushed Keebler reduced fat club crackers.

I loved it, but think it would have been just as good without the brussel sprouts. My kids did not like it as much as I did. I'm not sure if we will be having this one again, but I would like to try it again in the future. I'll just have to bribe them to eat it. It's not personal. They just aren't used to me cooking cabbage that way.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Welcome again to new members!

ALSO! There's another recipe swap going on via email. If you want to participate message me with your email address.
  • family0930
    Options
    I would like to join!

Thank you...
  • dreamer1003
    dreamer1003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join - always looking to try something new!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Cabbage Bake

Cabbage - Raw, 1 head, large (about 7" dia) boiled and drained
    Brussels sprouts - Cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, about 15
    Campbell's - Cheddar Cheese Soup (Unprepared), 1 container (1 3/10 cup (120ml) ea.)
    Campbell's - Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1 container (1 3/10 cups ea.)
    Deli - Cooked Cubed Ham, 1 container (16 oz ea.)
    Albertson's - Bread Crumbs - Seasoned, 1/3 cup (30 g)

Makes 10 servings

cook brussel spouts and cabbage, drain, add rest of ingredients, sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and bake for about 30 to 45 min at 350 degrees
    168 calories per serving

Swaps:
    Reduced Fat cream of Celery for Cream of Mushroom
    Ham Steak for Cubed Ham (8oz)
    3 town house crackers for bread crumbs (did not have any!)

I was a little apprehensive about making this but it was delicous! Saltiness of ham and realy set off cabbage and brussel sprouts. May make this again if I can concince my wife it tastes good. :wink:
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    adding the new members

ALSO! There's another recipe swap going on via email. If you want to participate message me with your email address.