Sisterhood HCP Week 7

Options

Replies

• thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Im here! I still have one more test tomorrow morning (the first part of the bar). So I have been studying my little :heart: out.

Christine and Resa awesome jobs with the workouts! You guys are so consistent :smile:

Me on the other hand :frown: Not a single workout in yet this wk...ahhhhhh! Today after work and before study time I am starting the couch to 5k, the first run is only 25 min and its 50 degrees outside so I have to take advantage :noway:

Hope everyone is having a good morning/friday!
    Hey I give you props for doing the couch to 5 k outside. I am not that motivated yet. I keep thinking I am going to try it outside and then always change my mind. Good luck!

I know how you feel, for some odd reason I get lazy when I run outside and dont run far enough, but with the couch to 5k intervals I have no choice :laugh:
    Plus the weather is gorgeous! What week are you in? Do you use a HRM when you are doing the couch to 5k, if so how many calories do you burn?
    If the weather got nicer I would try it ourside cause I do not think you run the same outside vs the tredmil. It rains ALL the time in Germany and I am not running in the rain. I also do not have a jogging stroller so that is a big part of it. I do not use a HRM. I bought the Polar F11 and used it for like 2 days and returned it. It hurt my wrist, it seemed so bulky. If I knew if the F6 or another one was smaller on my wrist I would buy it. I don't really worry about how many calories I burn cause I do not eat my excersise calories per my doctors orders. I am going to start week 4 next week. I repeated week 3 cause I skipped a week. So I am a little behind.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    I was thinking about doing the couch to 5K, too, but I have NO IDEA when to work it into my schedule!!! I know it's only 3 days a week, but I'm already doubling up on some workouts. Maybe you can give me some suggestions? Here's my schedule...

Monday: Volleyball
    Tuesday: P90X Plyometrics
    Wednesday: Volleyball, P90X Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps, ARX
    Thursday: Yoga X
    Friday: Back & Biceps, ARX
    Saturday: Kenpo X
    Sunday: Rest or X Stretch

I usually do P90X in the evening after my kids go to bed. I don't want to add more cardio to my cardio days, but I don't know what else to do... Help!!!
    Unless you want to give up an activity I would not add anymore cario in. Maybe in a could weeks when you have been going this for a while you could switch it up and stop p90x for a little while and do couch to 5 k. I know I was doubling up on my workouts in the beggining to boost my metabolism but then I was not losing as much so I cut my second cardio out that I was doing each evening and I have been losing pretty steady. I think if you over do it your bosy kinda goes into startvation mode like if you dont eat enough. Anyway just my thoughts.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about doing the couch to 5K, too, but I have NO IDEA when to work it into my schedule!!! I know it's only 3 days a week, but I'm already doubling up on some workouts. Maybe you can give me some suggestions? Here's my schedule...

Monday: Volleyball
    Tuesday: P90X Plyometrics
    Wednesday: Volleyball, P90X Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps, ARX
    Thursday: Yoga X
    Friday: Back & Biceps, ARX
    Saturday: Kenpo X
    Sunday: Rest or X Stretch

I usually do P90X in the evening after my kids go to bed. I don't want to add more cardio to my cardio days, but I don't know what else to do... Help!!!

I forgot one!!

Sunday: Legs & Back, ARX
    MONDAY: Rest or Stretch X

I knew it looked wrong for some reason!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    still no change. sigh. better than gaining, right? I need to up my exercise.

Hey girl, it's good to see ya!!! You're doing awesome, and I have been following your other threads, too. I hope that you and your hubby can work something out with the whole prom situation... And best of luck with his new job, too!!! With the stress you're dealing with, maintaining is awesome!!!

thanks for your kind words. He actually lost his job yesterday:cry: which makes the whole prom thing even more of a problem. the economy is hurting every industry, and he was the last one hired so, as the saying goes... last one in, first one out. I almost threw up when he called me and told me.:sick:

but I did lose a pound, so my plateau is broken!

and he is on the phone right this minute with a potential new employer, so all your thoughts and prayers would sure come in handy right about now!!!!!
  • MissResa
    Options
    Consider them said!!! It's such a scary time right now, and I hope that you two manage to work things out. I'll keep you two in my thoughts and prayers all day!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Well I don't have anything cool to report. 7 more babies. Had to bring a momma up to the barn cuz she had an infection, :sick: yuck I'll spare you the details. :sick: I have resigned myself to the fact that for the next few weeks my life revolves around cows. Sorry if I have nothing better to talk about. I'm glad everyone is still here and I might not post all the time, but I do enjoy catching up with everybody. Keep up the great work.
    Lucky -- thoughts and prayers are yours.
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    So my test went well ....i think :laugh:

I am absolutley exhausted. I got two hrs of sleep thanks to my little doggie deciding she wanted to get out of bed and play three times in teh middle of the night. Then I had to get up at 6am drive 2hrs away and take my test :grumble:

Now I am at work til midnight then driving 2 hrs to see the bf. And to top it off I think IM getting a cold :ohwell: I will be so happy to start the new week tomrw!

Kacee- I love hearing about the cow updates!

Lucky- your in my prayers as well :heart:
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    So I feel like crap today! I started feeling yucky two day ago but now I have a full blown head cold. I am going to be a bum today. Happy Sunday!
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    Where is everyone this Sunday?
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    hey everyone hope u missed me its been a crazy couple of days. ( i love my internship but i am so ready for the summer to be on a school work break) the weather has been oddly springlike here making my outdoor walks great and i have def been building indurence cause the walks are taking a lot less time so i have been going a little further than usual (3+ miles :bigsmile: ) snow is gone and i got to admit while i am completly looking foward to my bike riding i am nervous about the heat and walking yes i will take a bottle of water but i enjoy the cool air on my face which until i get into the house makes me feel not so yucky while walking spring and summer should be interesting.
  • MissResa
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! It's 10:36 a.m. in Alaska... I hate being on a completely different time schedule, but it makes me have a chance to read everyone's posts in the morning when I wake up, and then again before I go to sleep... It's the highlight of my day!!!

Ari-I did miss you!!! I hope that you are doing well with your mom, and your new pics out in the snow make me smile!!!

Christine-I hope you feel better soon. My girls are both sick right now(again)... I hate the cootie-swapping from all the sick kids at their school!!

Punkinheads... You probably are going to hate me, but I keep forgetting...:blushing: Is it Kaycee? Kacee? Correct me, please!!! :sad: I love reading about your recent cow adventures... I can't believe you have time for kids, house, and hubby when dealing with all that craziness!!!

I am going to be trying to double up on workouts-it's crunch time with weigh-in on Tuesday. I have my sister and her husband visiting right now, and with my husband on his off week I've had a couple of days when we have snacks late at night together-mostly air-popped popcorn, but it's still extra calories. I need to have a serious workout session to get rid of those calories!!!
  • pepamint83
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! It's 10:36 a.m. in Alaska... I hate being on a completely different time schedule, but it makes me have a chance to read everyone's posts in the morning when I wake up, and then again before I go to sleep... It's the highlight of my day!!!

Ari-I did miss you!!! I hope that you are doing well with your mom, and your new pics out in the snow make me smile!!!

I am going to be trying to double up on workouts-it's crunch time with weigh-in on Tuesday. I have my sister and her husband visiting right now, and with my husband on his off week I've had a couple of days when we have snacks late at night together-mostly air-popped popcorn, but it's still extra calories. I need to have a serious workout session to get rid of those calories!!!

well i actually forgot the changing of the clocks slept later then i should have and got to my walk late but did it and just got back so pretty out but boy did i work up a sweat. my mother is walking now she hasnt been feeling well but took my ipod and decided to go. so glad i was missed i missed u too. dont overdue the workout even though its crunch time remember slow and steady slow and steady wins the race. so happy u love the pics i was so happy that day its good they make you smile.
    i was thinking mister its been (im pretty sure) 4 weeks since we took those new face pics and i beleive i said every 4 weeks so im gonna try to take a new face pics this week cant believe we are entering week 8 i mean 2 months omg :noway:

can we all put new face pics up?
  • MissResa
    Options
    I'm going to force myself to put up new pics... I was going to do it three weeks ago, but ended up breaking out so bad that I was too embarrassed to do it. I swear, I looked like a teenager, it was so bad. I think it was because I was working out so much that my skin decided to rebel against me...:sick:

Maybe we could all put up new pics... Christine's have been very motivating lately. When I see hers, it makes me want to push myself even harder. Yours, Ari, always make my day go by with a smile, because you look so cute. I really do think that your recent photos have been showing your personality a lot more than the first ones you had up when we started this group.

Maybe we could do it this Tuesday... If everyone has clear skin and good hair!!! I'll be watching mine for any signs that I'm facing a break out!!!:tongue:
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    I'm going to force myself to put up new pics... I was going to do it three weeks ago, but ended up breaking out so bad that I was too embarrassed to do it. I swear, I looked like a teenager, it was so bad. I think it was because I was working out so much that my skin decided to rebel against me...:sick:

Maybe we could all put up new pics... Christine's have been very motivating lately. When I see hers, it makes me want to push myself even harder. Yours, Ari, always make my day go by with a smile, because you look so cute. I really do think that your recent photos have been showing your personality a lot more than the first ones you had up when we started this group.

Maybe we could do it this Tuesday... If everyone has clear skin and good hair!!! I'll be watching mine for any signs that I'm facing a break out!!!:tongue:

I want to see pictures! I wont be posting any for a few weeks. I take mine every four weeks. I am on week 10 now! It makes me excited that I am motivating though. I can't believe the difference. My size 14's are actually getting big and slidding down and are really baggy at me butt. PS My hubby should be home this week! They are putting him on Rear D for the rest of deployment! Yay! The only thing that sucks is our PX has like no clothes so I have no clue what to wear.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    BTW Europe does not change time at the same time as the US. So for the next few weeks I am only 5 hours time difference from Eastern coast.
  • thompsons81702
    Options
    I am getting so sad! I know we are all busy but where is everyone? It has been 11 hours since my last post and that was a nothing post to bump us back to the 1st page. It is almost weigh in day!
  • pepamint83
    Options

im here i just got back from a rainy solo walk and am so hot and sweaty :bigsmile: i am very nervous for tom weigh in (any possibilty of there being a 10-20 pounds weight loss :laugh: kiddding.

i will take a new pic of me tom although curious if there will be a difference shown (i finally figured out my angels :love: lol) cant wait to see everyone elses photos we are starting our second month this week at least i am
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I check in, I just don't always have time to post. Anyway, we had like 6 babies yesterday and 3 this morning, I think. I dunno they are all starting to run together.:laugh:
    Resa -- to be specific it's Kacee, but no I don't hate you, it doesn't bother me at all. I know who you're talking to. Really I answer to just about anything being the youngest of "Kim, Kristi, Kerri, Kacee you kid".
    I was happy to find that a pair of pants that didn't fit before now do. Still a little snug, but nothing unbearable, especially since it's just the cows that will be seeing me.:laugh: They are the regular wranglers and they always run small, so that's encouraging.
    Anyway, that's about all the news I have on this foggy Monday morning, talk to you laters...
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    I am really sorry I haven't been around. I do check in but don't post. When I'm not happy, I don't feel like saying much... you know... if you can't say sumthin' nice don't say nuthin' at all...

There's problems on my home front. I am making some big decisions on whether or not I want to stay with my man who I am so madly in love with it's a very painful process.

My heart says one thing and my head says another.

Can't say much else right now. All my best to everyone! Keep up the great work! :flowerforyou:

Jen
  • MissResa
    Options
    Kacee-I'm glad we're still on speaking terms:laugh: ... I am so happy for you about the pants! It makes you feel so great to be able to not only see the progress on the scale, but also SEE a difference in your clothes...

Christine-We're still here!!! My sister and her hubby are visiting right now, so things get a little crazy with family around. I know you're going to kick everybody's butt tomorrow, and I'm really happy that your hubby is coming home soon. No matter what you wear, I'm sure your husband is going to go absolutely crazy over how you look!!!

Ari-Thanks for making me smile(AGAIN). I don't know what I'd do without your posts... They always start my day off happy...

Missmez-I'm so sorry that you're working out problems. I hope that you two are able to talk, and that you make the decision that is best for you. I'll keep you in my prayers... And keep your chin up.:flowerforyou: