NY Resolution people and packed gyms!!?!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• KMSForLife
    Options
    Seriously, some people make me sad. The same people that are making me procrastinate going back to the gym this week because I have been gone a little over a month and will be made to feel unwelcome and uncomfortable. Thank you for helping me realize that I was correct.

The only person making you procrastinate is you.

Sorry I don't like crowded gyms. Does anyone? I don't have to encourage strangers. It's on them to stick with it. I'm not mean and I don't say two words to anyone the entire time I'm at the gym.

Your (royal you) weight loss is not on me. It's on you. I'm doing this for me and I don't like walking 25 minutes in the cold to the gym to find the machine I use everyday is taken up by someone having trouble hooking up their iPod to the elliptical.

That was really rude. Why do you have to be so mean? Oh wait - let me guess - you were just being honest. *note sarcasm intended*

You're right. It's my fault the stranger I've never met in my life doesn't want to go to the gym. She'd go all the time, if it weren't for all the meanies there...working out...not paying any attention to her.. just trying to exercise. *kitten*.

I agree - we all control our own actions. Just don't be so rude - you could be the one difference to a person - the one difference that makes them want to better themselves - so be nice.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've been sick the past few days and decided to try and go and do some weights today. Stepped foot in my gym, saw the queue of 5 people for the leg press and 11, yes, 11 people waiting for the lat pulldown machine and only managed a few free weight and core exercises before I couldn't hack it and I walked back out. I have no issue with people committed to making a better life for themselves and working hard, but one guy I saw took a 6 minute break between sets when somebody else could have used that machine before he got back on, instead he just sat on it. Frustrated as hell.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Damn I missed the free pizza MOnday!!!!

Me too! There's always next month... if you are still there :devil:

nice nice babycakes I have been hitting the gym since I was a awesomely tanned teen :bigsmile:
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I usually go at 6am but this morning I had to drive my BF to work, so I couldn't get in. My original plan was to go after work instead (around 6:30), but since this time is usually really busy anyway, I can't imagine what it will be like tonight. ><
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I usually go at 6am but this morning I had to drive my BF to work, so I couldn't get in. My original plan was to go after work instead (around 6:30), but since this time is usually really busy anyway, I can't imagine what it will be like tonight. ><

Hit the free weights. If you need cardio, find a place in the gym to do some jumprope. Much more effective use of time IMHO
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Seriously, some people make me sad. The same people that are making me procrastinate going back to the gym this week because I have been gone a little over a month and will be made to feel unwelcome and uncomfortable. Thank you for helping me realize that I was correct.

stop using that as your excuse...
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I agree - we all control our own actions. Just don't be so rude - you could be the one difference to a person - the one difference that makes them want to better themselves - so be nice.

Generally I'm a very nice person. But I have no tolerance for someone trying to pin their own lack of motivation on other people. She's the one who said everyone else is to blame for her not going to the gym.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    I've been sick the past few days and decided to try and go and do some weights today. Stepped foot in my gym, saw the queue of 5 people for the leg press and 11, yes, 11 people waiting for the lat pulldown machine and only managed a few free weight and core exercises before I couldn't hack it and I walked back out. I have no issue with people committed to making a better life for themselves and working hard, but one guy I saw took a 6 minute break between sets when somebody else could have used that machine before he got back on, instead he just sat on it. Frustrated as hell.

Holy smokies!?!?!?!?! that sucks!!!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I knew things would be a little nuts heading into the gym last night. I'm usually pretty tolerant of the NYR Crowd. However, I would like them to display a little bit of common sense. I was running on the indoor track, in the running lane when a dude just stopped in the middle of the track. I ran into him, and said "Dude, you can't stop there" shoved passed him and kept going.

Tonight, I'm doing a night trail run. Doubt I'll see another person. Looking forward to it.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

Well said sir!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

Well said sir!

that's ma'am to you...Ricky with a "y" is masculine lol
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading my kick box and zumba classes. I barely make it in time from work so if they are going to have a sign in sheet to be able to go in, then I am screwed. And the air in the room gets thick and smells with too many people and you run into all the people that go the wrong way or have no rhythm. lol Fun in January.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

You should just ask if you can use it! If someone's sitting on a machine, I just say, "Hey, would you mind if I use that?" It's not a big deal to ask.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I'm dreading my kick box and zumba classes. I barely make it in time from work so if they are going to have a sign in sheet to be able to go in, then I am screwed. And the air in the room gets thick and smells with too many people and you run into all the people that go the wrong way or have no rhythm. lol Fun in January.

good luck with Zumba! There were people doing the class outside the classroom today! lol. It was insane! The weight room has been fairly empty thus far. Treadmills and bikes are impossible to get on. I use the Precor Adaptive Motion which scares most of the newbs. Id see them get on it, take a few strides and then get off. In their shiny white tennis shoes and new work out gear :bigsmile: I honestly do wish them well but Id like my bikes back!
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Update: I was at the gym yesterday and I am happy to report there were some nice thick ladies working out there!!! Lots of Eye candy!!!!! I hope those fine young ladies stick around for the long term!!:bigsmile:

There was a fine Polish woman next to me ont he treadmill keeping up with ma pace we were going step for step........I found that sexy!!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    haha yeah actuly all the regulars yesterday were joking around! the gym was packed with new people n we know that about 99% of them wont even last till the end of the month!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Update: I was at the gym yesterday and I am happy to report there were some nice thick ladies working out there!!! Lots of Eye candy!!!!! I hope those fine young ladies stick around for the long term!!:bigsmile:

There was a fine Polish woman next to me ont he treadmill keeping up with ma pace we were going step for step........I found that sexy!!

quit checkin out girls n steering at them when they are working out! guys like u is why they created a "womens ONLY" section in our gym! ur going to ruin it for urself!
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Things usually die down mid February. You have to give kudos to the new peeps that stick with it though.

agreed :)
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options

Agreed. Concentrate on yourself. Go to the gym, do your workout. The more you do it, the less unwelcome and uncomfortable you'll feel. The only one preventing you from getting up and doing it is you.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

quit checkin out girls n steering at them when they are working out! guys like u is why they created a "womens ONLY" section in our gym! ur going to ruin it for urself!

HAHAHAHHA im just jokin broski!