So my wife makes fun of this food journal

Options

Replies

• recastro
    recastro Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i dont use this site to log food, i have a notebook. My fiance rolls his eyes when i write in it. Ive been laughed at for a lot worse. Honestly, i dont get the "unsupportive spouse" posts. Im not in shape for him, and could care less if hes gungho about me writing how much sodium is in an ounce of cheese.

Considering your name is Troll and you take a picture of your Christmas tree with your dogs, your opinion means squat.

Well Troll, since you joined close to three years ago, and keep reading posts from MFP, I guess you do use it, lol. Anyways, if you dont find value, go somewhere else to spread your cheers...Pal Krjo! (hopefully you know Spanish and get the message, if not...too bad).
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    i dont use this site to log food, i have a notebook. My fiance rolls his eyes when i write in it. Ive been laughed at for a lot worse. Honestly, i dont get the "unsupportive spouse" posts. Im not in shape for him, and could care less if hes gungho about me writing how much sodium is in an ounce of cheese.

Considering your name is Troll and you take a picture of your Christmas tree with your dogs, your opinion means squat.

Well Troll, since you joined close to three years ago, and keep reading posts from MFP, I guess you do use it, lol. Anyways, if you dont find value, go somewhere else to spread your cheers...Pal Krjo! (hopefully you know Spanish and get the message, if not...too bad).

I'm on here for my buddies, i don't use the food log part of it (you know, because i know how to write instead of type, a lesson lost on most people today) . I wonder if i changed my name on here to "ButterflyRainbows" people would be less inclined to be snot rockets instantly?
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My husband has a forum that he is a member of. It is about F1 racing. We make little jokes about it with each other. I joke he is chatting with his geeky car spotters and he jokes that I'm on line with biggest losers. We make jokes because we don't really see what the other does in the others interests. We don't have to do everything together to be happly married.
    Perhaps you could reassure your wife that you are on here for your health, that she is welcome to join in so she can keep an eye on your progress (and friendships) but that if she isn't interested could she please stop making disrespectful comments because at this time you need MFP as a tool to help you get healthy and she can be equally supportive in silence if she doesn't have anything nice to say.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options

I'm on here for my buddies, i don't use the food log part of it (you know, because i know how to write instead of type, a lesson lost on most people today) . I wonder if i changed my name on here to "ButterflyRainbows" people would be less inclined to be snot rockets instantly?

Im inclined to agree. Unlesss I have missed something from earlier then I don't understand why Troll is getting such a hard time. i actually think its a pretty funny username. I came accross someone on here called angelswank and another called glitterpiss, I think those are great names too.
  • momof26
    momof26 Posts: 83
    Options
    YES!! My husband is so unsupportavie about me losing weight. He is not in shape at all and eats crappy food infront of me. Hard to lose weight when your spouse is no help.

You are not alone!!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Personally, I must say that my boyfriend knows that I started to run a few months back, but that's about all he knows. I do come here and log in everything, and since he's usually sitting besides me while I do that, I know he probably saw it, but he never did ask me any questions, and I never told him about it. This is kind of MY thing, I'm doing this for myself, and I really enjoy doing it. I did became addicted to this site, for all the information that there's in it, and the great people that are there to encourage each other.

He did notice my weight loss, and he does look at me differently, and for me, this is a bonus on the top of everything else I'm doing for myself.

I've always been an independent women, and I'm on MFP for myself, and nobody else. If people around me do notice what happens, then that's great! Otherwise, I just keep on going. For sure, she's a got a reason for acting like that, and if this really bothers you, then, maybe you should just ask her.

If, for any reason, you don't really want to know, just keep enter your stuff. I really like log in my food and exercise. It helps me stay on track. Since you did gain weight in the past, I think that you just want to make sure that it won't happen this time, and you should be proud of that, whatever the others may think or say.

Good luck to you, and I surely hope you'll continue to log in everything... for you :wink:
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My hubby doesn't make fun of me, but when he comes home with a bag full of Sonic burgers, he doesn't make it really easy... :ohwell:
  • missystinky
    missystinky Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think Troll is misunderstood. I think she was saying that she doesn't get why you would let significant others bother you with criticism. She stated that her fiance makes fun of her for logging food, but that she does it for herself, not him.
  • DocNorton
    Options
    My Wife was the same for a long time - calling me obsessed and OCD saying counting calories is "too much" but when I hit my 30lbs loss she started changing her tune :)

She has now joined in and lost her first stone in weight - 14lbs in less than 3 months so she's really happy.

We both join in and help each other now - me to get to 180lbs and her to lose her baby (x2) weight...
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    My hubby doesn't make fun of me, but when he comes home with a bag full of Sonic burgers, he doesn't make it really easy... :ohwell:

Same here.. :sad: And that's why we love them so much! :laugh:
  • cdevous
    cdevous Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Most of the research shows that monitoring your activities is what leads to long term success in losing weight, especially since there's some indication that your body will fight you in the process. I've used MFP for about a year now, and I'm where I want to be, but I am still logging because I want to STAY where I want to be, and not gain the weight back. Ever.

http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/04/low-protein-diets-lower-weight-but-dont-cut-fat/

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57352169-10391704/calories-count-more-than-protein-for-weight-loss/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/sc-health-0104-bit-of-fitness-20120104,0,6474245.column
  • rayleansout
    Options
    My teenage son calls the site - FAT FACE -
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I think Troll is misunderstood. I think she was saying that she doesn't get why you would let significant others bother you with criticism. She stated that her fiance makes fun of her for logging food, but that she does it for herself, not him.

That's how I read it too. I think the OP was expecting people to tell him something different:ohwell:
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options

That's how I read it too. I think the OP was expecting people to tell him something different:ohwell:

Thanks guys! That's exactly what i meant. Trust me, i have family that dogs the poo out of me and tried to get me to eat junk a LOT, but i just don't understand why something as little as them saying "wow...you're realy writing down ONE hershey's kiss? ONE?" upsets people. : /
  • Kimmys012185
    Options
    My boyfriend has told me before "I think your fine just the way you are, why change?" or asked me "If you lose the weight, are you goin to leave me for some other guy?" Could be her insecurities...but it definitely sucks not having your spouse be supportive. Thats why I love this site...lots of friends to be supportive when others aren't. Keep at it! :)
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    YES!! My husband is so unsupportavie about me losing weight. He is not in shape at all and eats crappy food infront of me. Hard to lose weight when your spouse is no help.

You are not alone!!

^this^ but he would NEVER make fun of me. He actually cares more about who some of my friends are or who I'm chatting with. There are some good looking men on here aftrerall...
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Um, no. We teach people how to treat us and I would never tolerate that kind of ridicule from my husband. (Not that I think he would ever behave in such a way.)

Sorry my wife isn't a child, she's an adult if I wanted to marry a child I would have.

That's illegal in the US, beyond immoral, and not really something to joke about.

*facepalm* seriously?? He's obviously mentioning an adult with a 'childish personality'...

I'm genuinely interested, is that not obvious to you? Did you take that literally? Because WOW!

Did you notice that he said, "I would have married a CHILD" not "an immature brat"

I know what he meant, however, my point stands.

You saw it was obvious what he meant yet decided to take it literally. Ok, let me try:

It is wrong to point stands vertically, they have feelings too. Completely illegal as well.
  • DACouture1979
    Options
    My teenage son calls the site - FAT FACE -

Ha it's easy when you are a teenager to stay thin, give him 15 years and he'll be humming a different tune I bet.
  • darbydogism
    Options
    My doctor told me that studies have proven that keeping a record of food consumed in a diary of any kind leads to sustained weight loss. Keep it up!
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    My husband is supportive but he is my weight loss enemy! He eats whatever he wants and creates temptation. Ice cream, cookies, pizza, fried wings..hell you name it he eats it in front of me. Then when I eat it he says..oh it just pizza work it off later. LOL