does anyone have recipes for low fat "manly" meals???

Options
jeckyb
jeckyb Posts: 60
hiya :)
i'm looking for recipes that are low fat and low in carbs. my boyfriend isn't liking my new healthy meals,i really dont want to have to make 3 seperate dinners a day,one for me,one for him and one for my 1 year old. if anyone can help that would be great :)
thank you

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    If you pre-plan your meals and then log them in at the beginning of the day you can fill in your calories and other macro nutrients around that meal....that's what I do. I have a husband and 2 boys and I WILL NOT cook 2 dinners. We have normal stuff....spaghetti, sloppy joes, tacos, chicken, pizza, fish, shells and cheese, mashed potatoes, french fries, pork chops.....etc
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If you pre-plan your meals and then log them in at the beginning of the day you can fill in your calories and other macro nutrients around that meal....that's what I do. I have a husband and 2 boys and I WILL NOT cook 2 dinners. We have normal stuff....spaghetti, sloppy joes, tacos, chicken, pizza, fish, shells and cheese, mashed potatoes, french fries, pork chops.....etc
    This.

Also, why are you looking for low-fat? Fat isn't bad for you unless you have a specific health problem. Calories make you fat, not the fat in foods.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't like it, then I assume he can make his own dinner.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    hiya :)
    i'm looking for recipes that are low fat and low in carbs. my boyfriend isn't liking my new healthy meals,i really dont want to have to make 3 seperate dinners a day,one for me,one for him and one for my 1 year old. if anyone can help that would be great :)
    thank you

Curious as to why they would need to be both low fat and low carb, neither of which necessarily makes the meal "healthier"
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Cobra meat.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Cobra meat.

Uncooked.
  • jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajitas-

(per person)
    1 boneless skinless chicken breast grilled and cut into strips
    1/4 sliced bell pepper (i like red)
    1/2 small onion sliced
    1/4 cup sliced mushrooms

- stir fry the veggies in a little bit of your favorite cooking oil, add pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder, and cook until tender. Then throw in the sliced chicken and mix them all together.

You can eat it over a salad, or in a low-carb whole-wheat wrap, and he can eat it inside a fajita wrap with salsa, sour cream, cheese, and whatever else :)

Works great for my hubby and me!
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of stews and stuff like that. I love crock pot food cuz it does its thing while I'm at work and its super tasty. My fiance loves it cuz theres lots of meat (just lean) and potatoes, lots of other veggies like carrots, cabbage, celery, onion, corn, tomatoes. I use low sodium beef broth for some extra flavour and some brown gravy packages to thicken. its SUPER tasty and only like 130 calories per cup serving.
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    Also, what makes a meal "manly"? Just curious. I don't want to emasculate my boyfriend with womanly meals or anything.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is he unable to use a kitchen? Let him make his own dinner if he won't eat what you make.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options

Welcome to my house. My husband knows he is free to break out he PB&J ANYTIME he doesn't like what I'M cooking. He is a big boy, he will adjust.
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has a lot of family friendly meals. My family likes the recipes I've tried so far.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    As a man I have to chime in. If dude can't cook or fend for himself then he's not really worth cooking for.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Is he unable to use a kitchen? Let him make his own dinner if he won't eat what you make.

lol if my boyfriend doesn't like what I cook, than I have him make his own food. I will at times make both if I'm feeling like cooky

Maybe make chicken, but add different seasonings and bake them?
  • kirstyhealey
    Options
    Hi, i just made a meal tonight that my husband loves. we call it dutch chicken. Take a double chicken breast, and flatten it out with either a metal meat cleaver or just a can. Halve it and then fill each with a mixture of wilted spinach, brown rice, sauteed onions, garlics, and a little pesto or basically anything else that you want to add. roll up each chicken breast, roll each tightly in foil and bake at 180 deg for about 40 mins until just cooked and juices run clear. serve with mixed salad, and half a corn cob. delicious, easy and cheap.
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I NEVER cook anything, but my wife uses skinnytaste.com, and we eat very tasty, healthy, meals from there. P.S- None of their meals have ever made me feel emasculated :)
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Welcome to my house. My husband knows he is free to break out he PB&J ANYTIME he doesn't like what I'M cooking. He is a big boy, he will adjust.

same in our house - but the other way round as well - he often cooks, and he might know what I like generally and try and avoid certain things, but if he's cooking a dinner I dont like, then tough, I make my own
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    hmm..low carb AND low fat...you're going to run into some issues there with having a properly balanced diet. you can't have a pure protein diet and wouldn't want to if you could.

How about ground turkey burgers topped with swiss cheese and sauteed mushrooms (for the little one you can make him a grilled cheese--easy peasy)

Teriyaki chicken breast w/ sauteed veggies (use olive oil--its healthy fat)

Omelets--great and fast for dinner too
  • Radcliffe83
    Options
    Tell him to cook his own dinner...
  • _GlaDOS_
    Options
    I NEVER cook anything, but my wife uses skinnytaste.com, and we eat very tasty, healthy, meals from there. P.S- None of their meals have ever made me feel emasculated :)

Phew! Good to know. I was hoping I wasn't causing my boyfriend to suddenly grow boobs by feeding him vegetables or something.