ANYONE WANTING TO LOSE 70lbs? Or has already lost it?

Options

Replies

• journeyfan
    Options
    I want to lose 70 pounds too! Add me if you'de like. I do better if I have daily support. I now have the time to get on here and for once have time to do something for myself. I am looking forward to meeting new friends to join our weightloss journey! Take Care~Tamarah~
  • lalavogl
    Options
    I am wanting to lose about 80, I would love to be your friend as well! :) I need some extra support too. Good luck to us all!!!!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I did but it has taken me about 2 years to do.
    http://anotherrunningmom.wordpress.com

I won't say it is not realistic to do in that time frame but slow weight loss is more likely to stay off. And sometimes setting time goals for weight loss can be discouraging.
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 70lbs more by August-ish! (:
  • coatsie79
    coatsie79 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Me too....Lost 16lb so far, since August. Slow going and the last month has been a real struggle, but i'm back on track now. Add me if you like.
  • starpixy311
    Options
    Just joined myfitnesspal. Looking for motivation and accountability to help lose 70 lbs. Let the journey begin.
  • 22elizabeth22
    Options
    Very cool seeing that I'm not the only one needing to lose 70 lbs.! I just would really like to be healthy, i'm 22 yrs old, 5 ft 7 inches and started out at 230! Trying to get down to 160 but not any lower :) Have been the biggest kid since elementary school so being fit for once would be a great change, so if anyone wants to "friend" me and share exercise tips/recipes/snacks that would be fabulous!
  • rhondasdongardive
    Options
    I have lost 60lbs and am wanting to lose 70 more lbs. Count me in. It is a very realistic goal.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 lbs from May 1, 2011 to December 21, 2011. I found out I was pregnant on the 21st so I am now in maintenance.

70total.jpg
  • jessica0
    Options
    hello, i am wanting to lose 75 lbs, actually i dont want to I AM GOING TO :)
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    yes. and yes. :)
  • LinsdayMV
    LinsdayMV Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds between last March and September, and maintained it throughout the fall, so I definitely think it is an achievable goal! Developing caloric awareness by using this website was key.

I am ready now to go on to lose the remaining 40 I want to lose. Good luck!!!
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've lost 70 lbs (pretty much exactly!) and that has taken me just over 2 years. For me I felt it was better for me and more sustainable that way, and as a previous poster said, a timescale can be discouraging. However, these are your goals and you know your body better than anyone else. Just stick in, make sure you're eating enough and kick butt with that exercise! Most of all, stay happy! Feel free to add me. :)
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 75 pounds since Easter 2011 - same time frame; but I still am working on an another 40. If 70 pounds takes you all the way to your goal weight, it will be rough. When you have more to lose, it does go faster.
    Set a goal, but don't set yourself up to be disappointed if it doesn't work out. Remember that everything you lose takes you closer to your goal!
    Best Wishes and WORK HARD!
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 70lbs. By the end of the year would be nice. I just joined a gym and hired a personal trainer but I absolutley need daily motivation! Add me if you like :)
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've lost 105 in five years. I did slowly as I didn't want to gain it all back. I also do not do well at dieting and have done most of it by working out alot (I ran 1,500 miles this year on top of other workouts).

Set small goals and reward yourself along the way. It helps to have a supportive person to help you along the way. My wife was a big help and so was my running buddy.
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm currently down 75 pounds from my peak, and I have to say the biggest thing for me was just being aware of what I'm eating and being active. Before MFP, I used a simple spreadsheet and talked daily with my sister for support and to "brag" about how well I'm doing... it helped keep me on track to have to be accountable to someone :)

Good luck, and if I can make a recommendation it would be to break up your goal into smaller interim goals, make sure they're manageable, and only weigh yourself once a week if seeing daily fluctuations is a big psyche-out for you. Smaller goals, manageable time frames, people to share success (even on here) and a positive attitude go a long way!

Oh, and DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF! ;)
  • bloomingclassics
    Options
    I'm trying to lose 70 by June but the chance of that happening is low your goal is way more attainable. And I think you can do it :)
  • rellyfive
    Options
    I want to lose about 80lbs and my goal is June 1st. I realize that's an aggressive goal but I think I can do it! :) Add me if you like!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    63 in a year. from July 2010 to Dec 2011. You can do it, I want to be 135. I am on day 4 of the 90 day challenge!!!! I have 91 lbs this year to lose. I was 289