What's your favorite movie quote?

Options

Replies

• ItsJustK
    ItsJustK Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    "Why don't you get out of that wet coat and into a dry martini?" - The Major and the Minor
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

tyler durden. fight club.
  • ChangingMindSets
    Options
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat" - JAWS

or

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner" - Dirty Dancing

Opposite ends of the movie spectrum I know, but they are both classics!!
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I always tell the girls, never take it seriously, if ya never take it seriously, ya never get hurt, ya never get hurt, ya always have fun, and if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends.

We are not Groupies. Groupies sleep with rockstars because they want to be near someone famous. We are here because of the music, we inspire the music. We are Band Aids

~Penny Lane - Almost Famous~

Trust the government? Heck, I'm in the government and I don't even trust it. You don't have to believe in your government to be a good American. You just have to believe in your country.

~George W Bush - Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay~

This is like if that Blue Oyster *kitten* met that Afghan Kush I had - and they had a baby. And then, meanwhile, that crazy Northern Light stuff I had and the Super Red Espresso Snowflake met and had a baby. And by some miracle, those two babies met and f’ed - this would the *kitten* that they birthed.

~Saul – Pineapple Express~
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Last of the Mohicans - Hawkeye: No, you submit, do you hear? You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you.

Great movie!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    "It's not fair. You say that so often. I wonder what your basis for comparison is." That is David Bowie from Labyrinth.

Love that quote!

"You remind me of the babe..."

My friends and I do that intro quite a bit...

"Everything I've done, I've done for you. I move the stars for no one."

Also a great quote from that movie. :)
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    "your my boy blue"

Old Skool
  • CRMrunner
    CRMrunner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Or Pulp Fiction
    Vincent: Want some bacon?
    Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
    Vincent: Are you Jewish?
    Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
    Vincent: Why not?
    Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
    Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
    Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf*#@*r. Pigs sleep and root in sh#t. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
    Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
    Jules: I don't eat dog either.
    Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
    Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
    Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
    Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherf*%^in' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

I needed that today. Made me smile.

From Cowboys and Aliens
    "God don't care who you were, son. He just cares who you are."
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies" - Shawshank Redemption.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    "I get older.. They stay the same age"

Matthew McConaughey - Dazed and Confused
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    ''Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game'' - (A Cinderella story)
  • CRMrunner
    CRMrunner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Excuse my french but Bernie is the man, he cracks me up everytime.

I read Bernie's autobiography. I couldn't believe how many emotions I felt. I knew I would laugh, and I laughed hard. What I didn't know was how much I would identify with the themes of his childhood.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    By why is the rum gone?? Jack Sparrow.....

"Why is the rum always gone.... *stumbles* oh.... that's why" (this is from the second one I think the one you mentioned is from #1, right?)

"CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow"
  • BrandiPants
    BrandiPants Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    "I rule" - Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) in "American Beauty."

For those who don't know the movie, it's about a guy who's just tired of his life and decides to take control. This is during a scene where he just bought his dream car and his wife is questioning him about why he bought it. At one point during the conversation, he puts his fist up in the air and say, "I rule." I love that every time. :)

This is my absolute FAVORITE quote! I do this all the time!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I keep my 22 month old grandson so we watch Toy Story 1, 2 & 3 just about everyday so I would have to say:

"To Infinity and Beyond" "This isn't falling, it's falling with Style!"
    "There's a snake in my boots" "Somebody's poisioned the watering hole"
  • rosemary1215
    Options
    "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn."
  • Evenbetter
    Evenbetter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "Say hello to my little friend."
    Al Pacino, in Scare Face
    Love that scene.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Will Turner You Cheated...

Jack Sparrow- Pirate....

Love this! One of the best scenes from Pirates..... BUt I LOVE ALL THE PIRATES LOL
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    "I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Dirty Harry
  • Dang43147
    Dang43147 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    James Garner in Barbarians at the Gate: "We're in the middle of a **** storm and nobody on my team has an umbrella!"