What's your favorite movie quote?

Options

Replies

• calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    "Oh my God. You punched the highlights outta her hair. He punched the highlights outta her hair!"

(Scott Pilgrim v.s. The World)
  • tadbiggs
    Options
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Apocalypse Now
  • tikanique
    tikanique Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's a tie for me

"I'm your huckleberry" and "You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all!"

Doc Holliday (Val Kilmer) in Tombstone.

CLASSIC!!!!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    "Tomorrow is another day" - Scarlett O'Hara in GWTW
    my favorite!
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hurts like hell,..Don't it? Sam Elliot in Roadhouse and just about every line from Princess Bride.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I have two, they both come from Boondock Saints. Both are super explicit, super bloody and if you don't have a sick sense of humor, don't watch.

The first is "Is It Dead" around the last ten seconds of this clip, but you have to watch the whole thing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr9M7-s6ToA

And the second is the whole "what the F...." scene near the end of this clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNf4vOqNr1Y

And if you are talking about some of the funniest scenes, there is always this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=774JiSMWdQQ
  • heather7131
    Options
    From the moment we enter this live we are in the flow of it. We measure it and We mock it, but we cannot defy it. We cannot even speed it up or slow it down. Or can we? Have we not each experienced the sensation that a beautiful moment seemed to pass to quickly, and wished that we could make it linger? Or felt time slow on a dull day, and wished that we could speed things up a bit?
    From The Illusionist

What will you do with your one crazy life?
    From Fight Club

Ain't go no gas in it!
    From Sling Blade
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    This ish is chess it ain't checkers -- Training Day - Denzel Washington
  • bored4long
    bored4long Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I didn't go through all the replies before mine, so don't know if anyone else has put this one in:

"37"
    "In a row?!"

If you don't know what its from, you probably wouldn't appreciate the movie... :tongue:
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    "Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes."

Airplane! Best movie ever :)
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I didn't go through all the replies before mine, so don't know if anyone else has put this one in:

"37"
    "In a row?!"

If you don't know what its from, you probably wouldn't appreciate the movie... :tongue:

I love Clerks :)
  • bored4long
    Options
    "Yoo hoo! I'll make ya famous." - Emilio Estevez as Billy the Kid
    Most excellent quote! I've always loved this one. Thanks for reminding me!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Damn it, Janet!

Its playing in the background right now LOL.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Every man dies, not every man really lives - Braveheart

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and a good thing never dies - Shawshank Redemption
  • bored4long
    Options
    AND THIS!
    WillFerrell.jpg

BEST MOVIE EVER!!

Buddy: I just like to smile! Smiling's my favorite.

(on the phone) Buddy: Buddy the Elf! What's your favorite color?

Gimbel's Santa: Now what can I get you for Christmas?
    Buddy: Don't tell him what you want, he's a liar!
    Gimbel's Santa: Let the kid talk.
    Buddy: You disgust me! How can you live with yourself!
    Gimbel's Santa: Just cool it, Zippy.
    Buddy: YOU SIT ON A THRONE OF LIES!

OMG. I LOOOVE Elf! By far Will Farrell's best movie. Here is my favorite quote from Elf. I say adaptations of this quote all the time.

Emily: You like sugar, huh?
    Buddy: Is there sugar in syrup?
    Emily: Yes.
    Buddy: Then YES!
  • roleypoleycoley
    roleypoleycoley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We're women pretending to be men pretending to be women. -Connie and Carla

Dorothy: Lorelei the old boy is not about to let you commit matrimony with his son, I think he'd rather shove him down an elevator shaft. - Gentlemen prefer Blondes
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    julia robert, it had been so long since she prayed she wanted to start out with "im a big fan of your work"
  • SarahDurston
    Options
    Duke Henry: "I am Henry the Red. Duke of Shael, Lord of the Northlands, and leader of its peoples."
    Ash: "Well hello, Mr. Fancy Pants. I got news for you pal, you ain't leading but two things right now: Jack and *kitten*. And Jack left town."

Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness
  • trooper605
    trooper605 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    (The Hangover) Come over here pretty boy.....not you fat Jesus....slide it on back

(Madagascar II) Its gonna take 6 ta 8 hours......68 hours?......No, 6 to 8 hours.....

(Heartbreak Ridge) The Marines are looking for a few good men......unfortunately you aint it.......

(Office Space) Were gonna get rid of Michael Bolton and Simir Naga....Naga....not gonna work here anymore

(DemolitionMan) We're police officers, we're not trained for this kind of violence.....