When is a pound lost and where does it go?

Options

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    well you can stay at maintainance at burn 500 cals a day n you will lose a pound every week.
    2nd ques when you are burning fat look for when thing when you go to toilet to pee you will notice something white in your pee is like chicken fat thats how some of your fat comes out n some as a sweat. because when i did a diet few years back when the white thing came in pee i got scared that its something serious but found out its nothing just fat so a doctor knows best.
    If you have white **** coming out with your urine, see a doc. It ain't fat!

Looks like she did see a doctor....a severely uninformed one.

Fat is stored energy. When you burn calories you are using that energy to power your body, move your muscles, transmit nerve impulses, etc. Your body breaks down the chemicals in your tissues to make ATP.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think every pound you lost in December was found by my thighs.

lolol
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    well you can stay at maintainance at burn 500 cals a day n you will lose a pound every week.
    2nd ques when you are burning fat look for when thing when you go to toilet to pee you will notice something white in your pee is like chicken fat thats how some of your fat comes out n some as a sweat. because when i did a diet few years back when the white thing came in pee i got scared that its something serious but found out its nothing just fat so a doctor knows best.
    yum.... ketosis! :laugh:
    I should add... this is assuming that one has not had white **** deposited recently that may be coming out along with the tinkle. Seriously, something to take into account.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Let's just remember that calories are a measurement, they are not literally energy. As has been stated, the food we eat is stored as fat and glycogen and converted into energy when we need it and "Burned" The byproduct is heat.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    ::taps microphone::

Bueller...........Bueller.............
  • LosingItInDenver
    Options

You should probably check with your doctor about this white stuff that's floating around in your urine, because I can promise you, it is not fat.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    posts like this make me laugh! So many "experts" out there on the Internet. Just because it's on the Internet, or google, doesn't mean it's real. White in pee. Yes, consult physician!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

So that's what's been coming out... Huh. Go figure.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    "into non-being, which is to say, everywhere"

-- Minerva McGonagall
  • cowboys36
    Options
    HAHAHAHA!!! the lost pound will find another belly to hang around for awhile till he gets lost again!
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options

This is why you shouldn't take online health advice too seriously...
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    duh.. it goes on the floor wherever i worked out at.

this is like "where do we go when we die" type of question.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    To whoever said you PEE it out:

"Ketonuria is a medical condition in which ketone bodies are present in the urine.
    It is seen in conditions in which the body produces excess ketones as an alternative source of energy. It is seen during starvation or more commonly in type I diabetes mellitus. Production of ketone bodies is a normal response to a shortage of glucose, meant to provide an alternate source of fuel from fatty acids."

Note where it said DURING STARVATION or in Diabetics...

This is not a "common" type of "where does my fat go?". It is not something to strive for or be pleased to see. It is actually bad.

I checked her diary, and assuming she's logging everything, it's more than likely from starvation. Some days she's only eating 500 calories, others it's only 800. I hope she gets help.
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options

This is the most amazing response I have ever read.
    darling, i think the white thing in the toilet may have been a piece of toilet paper....buy the "clean" kind :happy:
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    "into non-being, which is to say, everywhere"

-- Minerva McGonagall

Whilst I thank you for all your answers, this one is clearly the best.

Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    No but seriously....my fat leaves me and goes on vacation...spiteful *****.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Every time I lose a pound, I look for it everywhere. My pants pockets, the bottom of my purse, under the bed! And I never do figure out where the heck it goes!

hahaha,.. i love this.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

Wait! I am losing weight but I have no white chicken fat type of stuff in my urine! Could I be losing muscle instead??? I'm scared of that! What would come out in my pee if I am losing muscle?? Where does that go????????? :sad:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    To whoever said you PEE it out:

"Ketonuria is a medical condition in which ketone bodies are present in the urine.
    It is seen in conditions in which the body produces excess ketones as an alternative source of energy. It is seen during starvation or more commonly in type I diabetes mellitus. Production of ketone bodies is a normal response to a shortage of glucose, meant to provide an alternate source of fuel from fatty acids."

Note where it said DURING STARVATION or in Diabetics...

This is not a "common" type of "where does my fat go?". It is not something to strive for or be pleased to see. It is actually bad.

I checked her diary, and assuming she's logging everything, it's more than likely from starvation. Some days she's only eating 500 calories, others it's only 800. I hope she gets help.
    When I was pregnant and couldn't keep anything down for days, this didn't happen to me. She must have been on her diet a ling, long time. And she needs a new doctor.