Going to bed hungry

Options
124»

Replies

• whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    i have this same problem and this is actually my biggest problem and i def am with you i need a solution
  • Aka8941
    Aka8941 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Going to bed hungry for me is a reminder of my victory and strength over food for the day. I'm not famished at bedtime, but I do get some stomach grumbles and feel hungry. I go to bed most days feeling totally strong and empowered that I am in control of my eating decisions and that food no longer controls or dictates itself to me. Sounds lame I'm sure, but I love it!

I totally agree. Every pound I've lost is a direct consequence of conquering my own cravings and my own free will. Going to bed hungry is a psychological tool. I don't think it helps physically lose more weight....but it does keep me in control.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I try to save a couple hundred calories for my after dinner snack. My doctor reccomends that I eat 6 small meals a day. Plus, if I convince myself that it is ok to go to bed hungry, then I start thinking it is okay to push my self to wait longer and longer to eat at other times...you know what that leads to? Eating disorder remission.
  • back2ballet
    back2ballet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you are going to bed hungry, then you are probably doing it right. The sad truth is... losing weight requires hunger. It's the natural result of burning more than you consume.
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I go to bed hungry, but i find that if i eat extra before bed i actually wake up hungry which i know doesn't make sense.
    So i just suck it up, if i'm eating my meals and my calories then that's all my body needs :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If I have used up all my calories, sometimes I will go to bed hungry. Don't feel it if I'm asleep, eh? However, if I have calories left over, and sometimes even if I don't, I'll eat anyway.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Would having your evening meal later help?

Probably yeah, but the only issue with that is I eat lunch 1-2pm most days and I can't wait past 6 to eat dinner! Then I go to bed at around 10 without snacking (most nights).

I have my dinner around 6 - 6:30pm, because I can't wait any longer. it's filling, I make sure I have enough rice or potato and vegetables to feel full and happy.

Then about 9:00pm, I have a nice cup of milo and a bikkie or 2. They are part of my routine, they are not negotiable. So when I organise my diary just before cooking dinner (breakfast and lunch are not very negotiable either) I add them in before working out what I can cook for tea.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I like to have a toast with pb before bed. I just ate half an orange thinking that would suffice, and now I'm still hungry and don't have enough calories left for my toast and pb. To go over or not to go over?

I can't sleep if I'm hungry.

Try just eating a tb or two of pb...it may be just enough to satisfy.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I have Achalasia, a fairly uncommon swallowing disorder. I don't eat after six because it takes a while for food to make it from my esophagus into my stomach. If I break this rule i can aspirate food and get sick.I'm usually hungry by bedtime. Fortunately sleeping quells my hunger. Always.
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I feel better if I go to bed slightly hungry rather that full. If I'm STARVING in the evening, I'll have a small snack (100-200 cal), but most of the time I think about the breakfast I'll be able to have in the morning. I almost always have a cup of goodnight tea, which helps me feel satisfied.