What's your favorite Protein Shake recipe?

Options
hpynh2o
hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
I've got two...

1. Blender. Optimum Nutrition, Banana Cream, one scoop. Handful of frozen blueberries, 4 frozen strawberries and 1/2 frozen banana. 1/2 cup of almond milk and 1/2 cup of cold water. One packet of Truvia sweetener. Blend until frothy.

2. Shaker Bottle. Optimum Nutrition, Banana Cream, one scoop. 1/2 cup of sweetened vanilla almond milk and 1/2 cup of cold water. Shake. Tastes like and has the consistency of banana custard.

Replies

• longhornlissa
    longhornlissa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein powder, 1 tbs peanut butter, 1 tbs sugar free butterscotch jello pudding mix...tastes like a butterfinger! so good!
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup silk vanilla light soy milk, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 banana, 1 Tablespoon peanut butter. Delicious and satisfying.:drinker:
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1/2 cup silk vanilla light soy milk, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 banana, 1 Tablespoon peanut butter. Delicious and satisfying.:drinker:
  • HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    chocolate protein powder, 1 tbs peanut butter, 1 tbs sugar free butterscotch jello pudding mix...tastes like a butterfinger! so good!

Do you mix this with water?
  • talk2tiff
    talk2tiff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • JoMFrasca
    JoMFrasca Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein powder, 8 oz chilled brewed coffee, 1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate fudge pudding mix, dash vanilla and lots of ice. I call it my Wake Shake. Breakfast every morning.
  • ptoleary
    Options
    scoop of vanilla protein half of packet of fat free jello cheesecake pudding 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    3 oz spinach, half a banana, 2 tbs peanut butter, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 2 cups ice, 3/4 cup milk. sometimes i add a tbs of unsweetened cocoa powder
  • pvollans
    Options

Do you mix this with water?

How is this mixed, sound great, i need to add a protein shake in the morning as i dont always have time to make a healthy breakfast, and am really picky eater.
  • lscott62
    lscott62 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :love: Using Shakeology, with water and a tbs of Peanut Butter, little bit of ice for thickness. Its the bomb.
  • nicksaysnever
    Options
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 cup frozen raspberries, a couple spoonfuls of plain coconut yogurt, 1/2 cup chocolate soy milk. It's my favorite for after workouts.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein powder, 8 oz chilled brewed coffee, 1 tablespoon sugar free chocolate fudge pudding mix, dash vanilla and lots of ice. I call it my Wake Shake. Breakfast every morning.

this sounds SO good!
  • MandyRae20
    MandyRae20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Ohhhh I am SO trying this today! Sounds super yummy =)
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    I have my shakes afterwork before the gym but have rubbish kitchen facilities at work.

if I were to blend a shake together in the morning (say powder, milk & fruit or powder peanut butter & coco) would that split through the day?

I do have a shake mixer with a wire ball so could "re shake"

Does anyone else pre-prepare besides freezing?

Thanks!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    chocolate myoplex lite shake with a cup of frozen berries and a cup of water
  • Caprica33
    Caprica33 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    1 Cup of 1% Milk, Vanilla Whey, 1 Apple w/ skin, Cinnamon, 1 Tbsp of Almond Butter, Ice

Mix in blender and enjoy!!!!
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1 scoop or packet of Shakeology Chocolate with 1 tbs of natural peanut butter, 10 oz of water and 5 ice cubes blended for a great desert or breakfast or snack. 220 calories with 22 grams of protein. Use more ice to make it thicker.

Awesome....
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas!!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    I prefer Stevia sweetened protein powders, so I use Jillian Michael's ( Vanilla Cream/Triple Choc Shake flavors)

1 scoop
    1 c. unsweetened almond milk
    1 tsp. imitation vanilla
    1 packet Truvia

and if I want a mocha one, I add 1 tsp instant coffee to the chocolate
    Variations- add some fruit, yogurt, etc.

If I want it a little thicker- milkshake consistency, I use 3/4 scoop and 6 oz. milk
    It also thickens if you make it up the night before and pour it in a drink container.