You little weirdo.

Options
Troll
Troll Posts: 922 Member
what's something you do that you get called weird/strange/"off" for? me? Well, im always cold. My temperature is always a balmy 99.6degrees, and yet i shiver if it's below 76 outside. Layers of clothing dont help. So....i do high knees or jumping jacks to get warm. In line at the theater, in a parking lot, even in the freezer section at walmart. It leads to some pretty hard stares, but i get warm and life goes on :) oh, i also brush my teeth in the shower. People think thats odd. what about you?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Nothing, I'm perfect.
    Why what did you hear?:angry:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    When it's super cold outside, I like to pretend that I'm Russian. Apparently that's odd.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Lol. I've also been really cold as of lately
    everyone has contributed it with the weight loss thing. Oh and also.. I brush my teeth in the shower too. Saves time and water and if it's weird, I don't wanna be ..err normal? Is that the opposite of weird?

I get weird stares and stuff also because I looooove the smell of books. Even in public (especially places like Books-a-Million), if I find a book with freshly laminated pages, I'll take a big ol' whiff. Same thing goes with letters in the mail, but I've been warned not to sniff those.. y'know.. in case someone has laced a letter with anthrax.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    How does brushing your teeth in the shower save time or water? Are you soaping yourself with the other hand?
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I tend to switch to and British accent sometimes. I have no idea where it comes from. I'm Canadian LOL.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee through a straw. I don't really see it as that weird because I drive a lot and it's just easier... but I am always asked about it and given odd expressions when people notice.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    I drink my coffee from a straw. I don't really see it as that weird because I drive a lot and it's just easier... but I am always asked about it and given odd expressions when people notice.
    Oh, I do that too!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    It doesn't do either, however it keeps you in the hot water instead of doing it when you are standing outside the shower naked or wrapped in a towel and are cold.
    How does brushing your teeth in the shower save time or water? Are you soaping yourself with the other hand?
  • SWEETS1234
    Options
    Lol. I've also been really cold as of lately
    everyone has contributed it with the weight loss thing. Oh and also.. I brush my teeth in the shower too. Saves time and water and if it's weird, I don't wanna be ..err normal? Is that the opposite of weird?

I get weird stares and stuff also because I looooove the smell of books. Even in public (especially places like Books-a-Million), if I find a book with freshly laminated pages, I'll take a big ol' whiff. Same thing goes with letters in the mail, but I've been warned not to sniff those.. y'know.. in case someone has laced a letter with anthrax.

Nice...I like the feeling of the paper in books especially bibles.
  • Romba
    Romba Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I carry a gallon of water to work with me and pack my lunch. All of my co-workers seem to think its weird! They call me the bag lady
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I put ketchup on Goetta( Cincinnati breakfast meat) and mustard on turkey.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Oh - and I smell EVERYTHING new.... even when I'm still in the store.

(My daughter feels most awkward when I start smelling new panties or shoes.)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    what's something you do that you get called weird/strange/"off" for? me? Well, im always cold. My temperature is always a balmy 99.6degrees, and yet i shiver if it's below 76 outside. Layers of clothing dont help. So....i do high knees or jumping jacks to get warm. In line at the theater, in a parking lot, even in the freezer section at walmart. It leads to some pretty hard stares, but i get warm and life goes on :) oh, i also brush my teeth in the shower. People think thats odd. what about you?

Have you had your thyroid checked. Being old all the time is a symptom of a goofy thyroid.
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm always freezing too. My boyfriend HATES it. And I get called weird not so much for a behavior, but for this fear I have. I'm scared of horses. Not because they're big and muscular, but because i'm afraid they are going to bite my Achilles tendon. Yes, my fear is that specific. And it's weird. And I know it.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Nice...I like the feeling of the paper in books especially bibles.

Me too! I'll run my fingers all across the pages just to hear the little crinkle noise or sometimes that slight squeak that comes from messing with laminated paper.
    Oh - and I smell EVERYTHING new.... even when I'm still in the store.
    (My daughter feels most awkward when I start smelling new panties or shoes.)

Those get me too---not much as paper.. but I always sniff new clothes and shoes.
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    What makes me weird?? Where shall I start....Well, I am a 35 year old female and still enjoy fart jokes and potty humor. I have a language specifically to use with my dogs. I hate face tattoos but have this weird celebrity crush on Lil' Wayne. I am sure that will get me started, but I will probably come up with more.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I don't clear the snow off of my hood then drive fast so it feels like I am in a blizzard (when there is an actual blizzard, I don't go outside).

I have this strange obsession with getting the timing of my windshield wipers optimized for the rain.
  • RL100less
    RL100less Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That condition is called: Foreign Accent Syndrome. "To Sweets1234"
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    LOL at you guys! And i actually lather my hair, brush my teeth, and rinse. Multitasking! And coffee straw drinkers, ive heard that prevents your teeth from staining! And for horsey tendon biter, i spit coffee-my horse bites my toes when i ride. Dont feel bad, im scared of balloons : /
  • SWEETS1234
    Options
    That condition is called: Foreign Accent Syndrome. "To Sweets1234"

That's interesting I had no idea a syndrome existed. thanks