You little weirdo.

Options

Replies

• ShannonD13
    ShannonD13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a thing with pens. I need a certain pen to write with. It has to be black ink. Not too heavy and the ink should flow onto the paper. I've stopped a meeting at work b/c someone was going to walk off with my pen. I have a secret stash in my desk.I also have a pencil that I used in undergrad &grad school. I used the same pencil for every big test. It's really tiny. :happy:
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Lol. I've also been really cold as of lately
    everyone has contributed it with the weight loss thing. Oh and also.. I brush my teeth in the shower too. Saves time and water and if it's weird, I don't wanna be ..err normal? Is that the opposite of weird?

I get weird stares and stuff also because I looooove the smell of books. Even in public (especially places like Books-a-Million), if I find a book with freshly laminated pages, I'll take a big ol' whiff. Same thing goes with letters in the mail, but I've been warned not to sniff those.. y'know.. in case someone has laced a letter with anthrax.

I brush my teeth in the shower too, and books smell freaking excellent. Never sniffed mail, though!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I get weird stares and stuff also because I looooove the smell of books. Even in public (especially places like Books-a-Million), if I find a book with freshly laminated pages, I'll take a big ol' whiff. Same thing goes with letters in the mail, but I've been warned not to sniff those.. y'know.. in case someone has laced a letter with anthrax.
    Hah!!! I do that too!! I love the combined smell of books and coffee! It gives me a high! Maybe its the glue? lol

I had a roommate who would wash her car in the rain!! No joke. Would go out in the pouring rain and soap up her car and wash it while it was raining out! A few times it stopped in the middle of her scrub down and she'd have to lug buckets of water out to finish rinsing her car off.

Washing a car in the rain sounds more fun than strange, but I could see where people would perceive that as odd.

Hmmm.. never thought about it.. y'know.. the glue in books. I'm a paper-sniffing junkie. Lol.
  • coppercurlz
    Options
    My sister thinks it's crazy that I can use my feet/toes like hands/feet...

I've been made fun of all my life for being constantly hot - my internal thermostat is apparently higher than everyone else's.

I can wear shorts all year (see previous admission)...it gets me strange looks from neighbors :)

I get the willies when I handle brown sugar. Goose bumps all down my arms and I can't wait to wash my hands after.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Gazz, people call me intimidating too.

I'm obsessed with true crime stories, my new boyfriend is an ex-policeman, so I'm in heaven. He's also the first man in years who isn't apparently intimidated by me.

GG
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Haha well let's see... people think I'm weird because of these things (I think!)

-I'm very shy and quiet!
    -I burst out laughing for no apparent reason
    -I'm a girl and I happen to like video games (I know, wtf)
    -I'm literally scared to go into shops such as Aeropostale/that one lotion place...bath and body works?/others
    -I cough to cover my laughs (like in the middle of class LOL)
    -I look people in the eyes a lot...not staring, but if we converse, then I like to look at who I'm talking to haha
    -I spend most of my time alone
    -I grew up isolated and not in a neighborhood...same place today haha
    -I used to not be able to eat enough for several years when I was younger because of a stomach issue...my best friend later told me she thought I was anorexic!!!
    -I like to wear guy's plaid shirts.....band shirts....Converse/Vans....guy jeans...haha
    -Sometimes at an awkward moment I do this weird little grin/frown, where my lower lip sticks out and my mouth looks like an upside down "U"
    -I have a well not city water so I grew up with one shower allowed per week (haaaa)
    -I like dragons
    -And to conclude, I think people think that I'm weird because I'm fat haha xD
    ...and that I think a little muscle on a girl is super attractive haha.
    -and uhh that I act sort of guyish sometimes....and they might think I'm gay...and even that is questionable lolol
    -OH and one last thing.....I'm German but I was raised in America, but for SOME REASON my voice has a little accent to it...but as my friend says, "You don't have an accent, you just talk funny!" XD And I can't say my "R"s...

Okay, wall of text OVER. :D
  • verjavec
    verjavec Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    - Feet freak me out. I got a tattoo on one of mine and would love to get one on the other so I can tolerate looking at it.
    - I'm always hot. I wear shorts practically all year. I get tired of the question: "Aren't you cold?" No. If I were, I'd wear more clothes. I get heat stroke easily so I sometimes run away from people when it is warm because it comes on fast and as soon as I start to feel dizzy, I have to get myself cooled off or sit down so I don't pass out.
    - I'm an engineer and I'm a female. I guess a lot of people think that is weird.
    - I'm female and I like to drive Jeeps off road. I guess that's weird too.
    - I love walking in the rain. I don't use an umbrella
    - I also love walking in the snow. Because of how warm I am, I don't really get cold in the snow unless the temps or windchills are under 30 below.
    - I don't like bacon.
    - I don't really like listening to music.

I'm sure there is a lot more. I get called weird often.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    A lot of people think my parenting philosophies are weird (in a nutshell, attachment parenting)...I've been known to offer to donate my breastmilk to other babies who had to stop breastfeeding for whatever reason (well, to their momma's obviously) on more than one occasion....and also to my grandmother to help with her handle her chemo treatments easier. I also can't stand having a pimple - I have to pop it right away to get rid of it. I like the smell of gasoline and diesel...and books. And I LOVE tools. Lowes is like heaven! Sadly, that isn't good for the Lowes Credit card I opened! lol...Also, I'm the only women I know who carries a screwdriver in her purse - and have actually needed it before! I was at a gas station paying one time when it was raining, and a dude comes in and asks the teller if they had a screwdriver he could fix his wipers with, and when the teller said no, I said, "I do!" And pulled it outta my purse! I got some weird looks for that! :laugh:

ETA: Oh yeah...I forgot a couple things my DH just reminded me of...I "aerate" my water...you know, like they do with wine to bring out the flavour when they sip it? Apparently that is weird! I also add random u's to my words like "colour", "flavour", etc. and have done it ever since I could spell - it used to drive my elem teachers nuts! Also, I have a lot of UK friends, and so I've picked up a lot of "UK-isms" I guess you'd call them. Nappy's, dummies, daft cow...yeah - all part of my vocabulary! Oh, and I tend to forget that I'm around other people - I'll do something weird like try and bite my chin or talk in weird voices and then someone catches me and I get super embarrassed...and sometimes I randomly start dancing like my daughter used to - really slow and deliberate rocking back and forth and then I laugh remember how she used to do that...
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I too brush my teeth in the shower. I also cut my pizza into pieces and eat it with a fork. When in the store and can't find a family member, I play Marco polo to find them. I wear sandals 90% of the year, even if there is snow on the ground or rain. I hate worms. I was walking back from class in my sandals, a freak rain came out came the worms and one got in my flipflop and I crushed it. I also hate frogs and mice. I give them names out of hatred.
  • BrooklynBeast
    Options
    Lol. I've also been really cold as of lately
    everyone has contributed it with the weight loss thing. Oh and also.. I brush my teeth in the shower too. Saves time and water and if it's weird, I don't wanna be ..err normal? Is that the opposite of weird?

Not that I recommend it, but I am fairly certain that sniffing a letter containing anthrax would be a sure fire way to lose weight, although the consequences would be at best, sub-optimal.
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    I brush my teeth in the shower too! I never thought it was weird, though? You can definitely get into it more without the fear of making a mess! haha. :P

I am a bottle shaker as well. So far so good. No accidents yet :)

Something that's probably wierd about me is that I like sprinkling salt on my green apples...? Its just yummy!!

Another salty thing I do is grabbing a glass and filling it with ice, then I sprinkle that with salt and then suck the salt off all the ice.....I have no idea why I started doing this!!

I am addicted to a wheat heat pack. Most of the time I have no reason for using it, I just heat her up and wedge it between the chair and my back. In fact, I am using it right now.

:)
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the cold. Typically, if I'm comfortable, everyone else in the room is sweating. I wear layers all summer because it's so cold inside restaurants, stores, and my office. Strangely enough, I get really hot when I sleep and often have to shed all of my blankets and always sleep under a fan.

Mentioned earlier in reply to another post, but you might want to get your thyroid checked. Being cold all the time is one of the most noticible symptoms of hypothyroidism.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    :laugh: not enough space... I think under weirdo in the dictionary it lists... Mel :bigsmile:
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee from a straw. I don't really see it as that weird because I drive a lot and it's just easier... but I am always asked about it and given odd expressions when people notice.
    Oh, I do that too!

I've heard this helps avoid discoloring of the teeth since the straw is a more direct delivery to the stomach, but I don't know if it's true.
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just this morning I waited at the busstop and listened to one of my fav bands on my MP3Player and I was fighting really really hard not to jump around and sing loud to the music - it was 5.30 am

I talk to myself and the voices in my head have different accents ( for example russian).

I trip over the edge of a carpet every now and then

Am I weird? I don't care :D
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    I'm allways hot!!! Im scared of balloons, worms and the dentist. I also know all the words to all the old nursery ryhms (and I dont have kid's) And I can preempt the words to songs I've never heard before.:happy:
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have to walk around the house when I'm brushing my teeth. I just can't stand there in front of the mirror it's boring and I won't brush as good. Instead I'll check on breakfast or watch a couple minutes of T.V., or even walk out onto my porch.

Yep, me too. I simply cannot just stand there and brush my teeth. I have to wander through the house.
  • FiremanSam111
    Options
    I have an irrational fear of free range eggs....

Oh yeah, you crazy girl! :huh:

Ok mine. I sniff books. I like peeling off sunburnt skin. I drink the leftover pickle juice. I give all my cats their own voiceover. I eat whole prawns, shell, head, legs. I also eat the whole pistachio nut, with shell. In fact I will eat anything that is 'food'. I pluck my eyebrows. I shave in the shower. I drive like a grandma. I sneeze when I feel nauseous. I don't get scared of anything, which makes horror films quite boring. I am fascinated by wood and timber, especially chopping it. I don't send Christmas cards. I enjoy wasting telemarketers' time, in fact, it's like a sport to me. I love cooking. I like REALLY spicy food, if it doesn't make me pour sweat, it's not hot enough. :explode: Yeah, think that's it :tongue:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee from a straw. I don't really see it as that weird because I drive a lot and it's just easier... but I am always asked about it and given odd expressions when people notice.
    Oh, I do that too!

HA! Me three =) Though I do it so I don't stain my teeth. =)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    you guys are great! i havent read one reply that i dont do myself!