Is it okay to eat the same thing everyday?

Options
13»

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    There are a couple reasons to switch your food up a bit. I think the most important is to not get bored with your choices. That's a personal decision- some people can eat the same thing over and over and be fine. If you're one of them, this reason doesn't apply.

The second is to "shock' your body. Some people have their weight loss stall if they eat the same thing day after day. It's as if their body gets so used to the same foods, it burns them more efficiently (or something). This also doesn't seem to be universal. So, if your weight loss stalls, try switching your food up and see if it helps.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    As long as you're getting the proper nutrition I don't see a problem (5 fruits and veggies a day, 2 sources of calcium ect)
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    do whatever works for you and "Do It Your Way in 2012"! Cause "your way" is the only way that will work for you long term
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I eat the same things for about a week or so before a switch things up. It makes it easy to prepare and keep stocked. :-) I've lost a lot of weight (over 100 lbs.) so I think it works okay.
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    As long as school is in session (I am a teacher), I am eating the same breakfast and lunch and it does keep me stable on calories.
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    I eat in cycles of the same stuff for breakfast and lunch. One week I'll buy lunch meat and bring a sandwich everyday until that is gone then I will switch to something else like salad until that is gone. For B-fast I will eat cereal until it is gone then maybe toast or eggs. I find it easier to log and I don't end up going out to eat when I stay repetitive.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it matters, whatsoever.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot of the same things helps me a lot in controlling how much of it I eat and helps me not go crazy on one thing in a day.