Options
124»

Replies

• theroadto100
    theroadto100 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    God, some of you people are so rude.
    tumblr_lxcsd0kQ3E1qm9dy8.jpg
    Nah, just stating a fact I've stated many times before. Still never ceases to amaze me.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Nah, just stating a fact I've stated many times before. Still never ceases to amaze me.

oh-you-L-1.jpeg
  • live4turns
    live4turns Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    wow.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Breakfast should be eaten an hour after you wake up.

I hope this helps :-)
    It doesn't. Why should I eat an hour after I wake up?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

:laugh: :glasses: :laugh:
  • lindsaymo34
    Options
    Have you tried overnight oats? The night before combine 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 cup oatmeal (not the instant packets). Then put whatever you want in it. I add cinnamon, truvia, and sliced almonds. Stir. Let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Pop it in the fridge. In the morning I add a sliced banana to it. I eat it cold, but you can nuke it if you don't like it cold.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I don't believe eating breakfast is a metabolic myth. I believe it gets your body started in the right direction. If you wait to eat when your hungry you'll eat more than you should. Just my opinion.

I eat every 3 hours, therefore usually have two breakfasts since I'm up at 430 or 5am to get to the gym. My first breakfast is a banana before workout and a protein shake after workout. 2-3 hours later I have my second breakfast which usually includes egg whites, whole grain toast, a veggie or fruit with 1/2 cup of 100% OJ.

If i were to skip my second breakfast, I would be starving and I would hit a burger joint for lunch causing my body to store more fat because I let it starve waiting for the next meal....

That is a problem with willpower IMO that has nothing to do with metabolism. Believe what you want. I'll believe what is actually backed by science.
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I always eat within 2 hours of getting up...It just really helps me out through the day to start that way..otherwise, I'm just too sluggish..while you're making breakfast for the kiddos, get yours at the same time...

food for thought:
    The Benefits of Breakfast: It is a true fact that eating breakfast has many benefits. Firstly, your body burns calories when it’s digesting and begins to try to store calories as fat when it feels as though it may be going without food. When you wake up in the morning, your body hasn’t had food during the entire night, and therefore eating can jumpstart your metabolism and calorie burning for the day. Secondly, eating in the morning means that you are less likely to get hungry before your next meal of the day. If you can avoid feeling hungry all day, you will be less likely to reach for convenient foods to satisfy your hunger. Those convenient foods are often full of calories, salt and sugar. Finally, your body needs fuel to be energized. In the morning, you haven’t put fuel in overnight. Eating something, even if it’s small gives you energy.
    Options
    I always eat within 2 hours of getting up...It just really helps me out through the day to start that way..otherwise, I'm just too sluggish..while you're making breakfast for the kiddos, get yours at the same time...

food for thought:
    The Benefits of Breakfast: It is a true fact that eating breakfast has many benefits. Firstly, your body burns calories when it’s digesting and begins to try to store calories as fat when it feels as though it may be going without food. When you wake up in the morning, your body hasn’t had food during the entire night, and therefore eating can jumpstart your metabolism and calorie burning for the day. Secondly, eating in the morning means that you are less likely to get hungry before your next meal of the day. If you can avoid feeling hungry all day, you will be less likely to reach for convenient foods to satisfy your hunger. Those convenient foods are often full of calories, salt and sugar. Finally, your body needs fuel to be energized. In the morning, you haven’t put fuel in overnight. Eating something, even if it’s small gives you energy.

Doesn't jump start your metabolism. an 8 hour fast is hardly anything and will not effect your metabolism in the slightest way.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have a question about breakfast. I normally am up early, between 6:30 and 7 getting breakfast ready for the kiddos and taking care of my 8 month old. I normally drink a couple glasses of water and a couple cups of coffee between then and about 9:30. It's normally 10 by the time that I make my breakfast. I could eat earlier if I was only going to make a quick bowl of cereal, but I've found that even the 'diet' cereals aren't good for my diet b/c of the sugar in it and the milk. So here's my question, is it ok for my metabolism to be eating breakfast so late? It might not matter the time I guess, but I do believe breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Any advice would be great!!

Hi there, I think you're probably not hungry for breakfast until 10 because you're drinking coffee. It will supress your appetite. My PT tells me to drink water and eat breakfast before drinking coffee, because the body needs fuel first thing. Also he said I should eat within 1 hour of waking, and if I was to wait more than 2 hours after waking, to not consider it breakfast anymore. But as others have said, it's a rather individual thing. If you are eating well, and losing, then perhaps it's fine. If you have stalled, then maybe switch it up :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I have a question about breakfast. I normally am up early, between 6:30 and 7 getting breakfast ready for the kiddos and taking care of my 8 month old. I normally drink a couple glasses of water and a couple cups of coffee between then and about 9:30. It's normally 10 by the time that I make my breakfast. I could eat earlier if I was only going to make a quick bowl of cereal, but I've found that even the 'diet' cereals aren't good for my diet b/c of the sugar in it and the milk. So here's my question, is it ok for my metabolism to be eating breakfast so late? It might not matter the time I guess, but I do believe breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Any advice would be great!!

Hi there, I think you're probably not hungry for breakfast until 10 because you're drinking coffee. It will supress your appetite. My PT tells me to drink water and eat breakfast before drinking coffee, because the body needs fuel first thing. Also he said I should eat within 1 hour of waking, and if I was to wait more than 2 hours after waking, to not consider it breakfast anymore. But as others have said, it's a rather individual thing. If you are eating well, and losing, then perhaps it's fine. If you have stalled, then maybe switch it up :)

i'd get a new trainer.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    all the research and professional advice ive gotten was to eat when i wake up ..for me i have a good carb and a protein..often its just egg white omelet with no cheese and a bowl of plain oatmeal with cinnamon... sometimes the egg white omelet on a arnolds sandwich or bagel thin.. other times when im lazy i just have a myoplex lite shake. based on all the fine advice on here, your own research and what your goals are... you should be able to figure out what works best for you. i used to wait on breakfast all the time because i am not a breakfast person. my trainer said to make myself eat something and that it was important to get my metabolism going.. ive followed his advice and its been very successful for me
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    "Whether fat oxidation is greater during waking or sleeping hours doesn't matter. What matters is 24-hour fat balance, which is fat synthesis minus fat oxidation. See, those are the 2 sides to the equation. If you eat less during the day & more at night, fat oxidation will occur at a greater rate during the day. If you do the opposite, fat oxidation will occur at a greater rate through the night - & you end up at the same spot. After 24 hours, the body doesn't know nor give a flying fuk which half of the day contributed to either a net loss, gain, or maintenance of fat balance. Unless you have a specific need for increased energy intake (ie, prolonged competition in a particular sport ocurring in the earlier part of the day), there's no reason to assume that eating more during the day & less in the evening is INHERENTLY beneficial for body composition goals. That type of thinking will at the very minimum get you a Broscar nomination."

-Alan Aragon
    Options
    all the research and professional advice ive gotten was to eat when i wake up ..for me i have a good carb and a protein..often its just egg white omelet with no cheese and a bowl of plain oatmeal with cinnamon... sometimes the egg white omelet on a arnolds sandwich or bagel thin.. other times when im lazy i just have a myoplex lite shake. based on all the fine advice on here, your own research and what your goals are... you should be able to figure out what works best for you. i used to wait on breakfast all the time because i am not a breakfast person. my trainer said to make myself eat something and that it was important to get my metabolism going.. ive followed his advice and its been very successful for me

And posts like this is why trainers look bad. SO much miss information >.>

I took a nap earlier... should I have ate right after to restart my metabolism?
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    as long as you eat it before 10am, you'll be fine. if you eat it after 11am, you're body think's you are eating lunch, so it metabolizes the food differently. DO NOT eat between 10am and 11am. your body will have no idea what meal it is eating, and just convert the food into fat. trust me on this. i'm a bro.

This is the most untrue thing I have ever heard. Your body doesn't metabolize food differently at different times of the day.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    as long as you eat it before 10am, you'll be fine. if you eat it after 11am, you're body think's you are eating lunch, so it metabolizes the food differently. DO NOT eat between 10am and 11am. your body will have no idea what meal it is eating, and just convert the food into fat. trust me on this. i'm a bro.

This is the most untrue thing I have ever heard. Your body doesn't metabolize food differently at different times of the day.

933.jpg
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    "Whether fat oxidation is greater during waking or sleeping hours doesn't matter. What matters is 24-hour fat balance, which is fat synthesis minus fat oxidation. See, those are the 2 sides to the equation. If you eat less during the day & more at night, fat oxidation will occur at a greater rate during the day. If you do the opposite, fat oxidation will occur at a greater rate through the night - & you end up at the same spot. After 24 hours, the body doesn't know nor give a flying fuk which half of the day contributed to either a net loss, gain, or maintenance of fat balance. Unless you have a specific need for increased energy intake (ie, prolonged competition in a particular sport ocurring in the earlier part of the day), there's no reason to assume that eating more during the day & less in the evening is INHERENTLY beneficial for body composition goals. That type of thinking will at the very minimum get you a Broscar nomination."

-Alan Aragon

I always wanted one of those little gems sitting on my fireplace.

broscar.jpg
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at 2pm.