What have you wasted calories on today?

Options
BrendaLee
BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
I get so miffed at myself when I waste my precious calories and then have food regret afterwards. Today, it was the Hellman's mayo on my sandwich at lunch and the Dole Endless Summer salad kit that I thought would be so amazing but just so was not!

Replies

• SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    hershey's kisses. 2-3 would have been okay and not a waste. But I ate more than I should have and it just wasn't worth it.
  • BrooklynBeast
    Options
    I am struggling very hard not to eat a juicy orange right now.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    nothing wasted today - yesterday i ate a bunch of crackers and pita chips around lunch time instead of the lunch i had planned, was kinda pissed at myself for that one. dont know why but i was seriously craving salty/crunchy carbs all day yesterday
  • BananaBee3
    Options
    I ate half of a 2.5 ounce bag of Lay's potato chips and a cookie...totally did not need those today :grumble: Ah well

I also had half of a Lara Bar, but I ate it out of boredom. That is something I'm working on too.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    If I enjoyed every bite, no calorie is wasted.

I had a late afternoon "breakfast" of corn muffins, bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, and pancakes with blackberries and whipped cream on top. That was not a waste of calories, that was a delightful indulgence, and I was in a euphoric food coma for hours afterward. :heart:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If I enjoyed every bite, no calorie is wasted.

I had a late afternoon "breakfast" of corn muffins, bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, and pancakes with blackberries and whipped cream on top. That was not a waste of calories, that was a delightful indulgence, and I was in a euphoric food coma for hours afterward. :heart:

I would enjoy a chocolate cake, but I'm pretty sure I'd regret it afterwards. :) I'm talking more about those calories that didn't add anything to your day. I would have been just as happy without the mayo -- happier in fact.
  • ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    double post, whoops!
  • ladybug1009
    ladybug1009 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had pizza. I had been good all week. But by the time I was able to get to my lunch break I was ravenous (stupid me didn't stop to eat my orange and yogurt for breakfast!). I didn't feel like eating my Progresso I brought, so I had the pizza smothered in mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage, and peppers.

I could have done way better. But I'm taking today with a grain of salt because today was a bad day overall. Tomorrow will be better and I'm going to have a great workout.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Too many chocolate chip cookies

But it's all good I needed to bulk back what I lost from my wisdom teeth

Monday it's onnnNNnnnnNNnnnnnnN!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    savory southwestern muffin...sigh. so good though :(
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    The only wasted calories are the ones not eaten.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Usually mine is pringles or cheezits or cookies but today it was honey roasted peanuts. :huh:
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I had champagne on Christmas that is it. Sometimes I have a piece of ww bread cause I am so hungry. I haven't had any pizza, rice, cake , candy, potatoes, fast food in:cry::cry: sooooo long...I walked past a box of chocolate covered cherries in the store today and it took a lot of control. I am incapable of portion control. I am addictive, If I have anything here I would eat it all, so the cupboard is empty...sob
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I snacked on Black Bean and garlic chips while looking in the pantry. Oops!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple cookies but... eh. I'm just trying to get rid of the cookies my mom gave me for Christmas by eating a few a day. I dislike wasting calories, but I hate throwing away perfectly good food even more. The rest of my eating has been good, so I'm not gonna sweat it.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I haven't wasted any calories today. I'm still trying to figure out what I'll have for a post-dinner snack. It's my first day logging after having my baby and eating at maintenance plus extra for breastfeeding is a little difficult.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    The only wasted calories are the ones not eaten.

Will you be my 2nd husband?

I usually eat things I LOVE! Today, I really enjoyed some Ghirardeli Milk and Caramel squares. I'm trying to save the last 220 cals I have to eat another set of 3. I have to wait to make sure I don't get hungry first, because if I'm hungry, I'm gonna eat! LOL Then it will be "over for the week time." Still won't feel like it was a waste.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I don't regret any of my eats today :glasses: But I suppose the glass of Coke I had with dinner (which I rarely do) had the least amount of actual nutritional value for all its calories and sugar.
  • JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was so depressed this morning when I did my weekly weigh in and didn't lose any weight, eventho I also thru into my workout this week the Jillian Michaels 30DS and Just Dance on Wii, that I cried and was a litttle late in leaving for work, so I stopped at McDonald's and got a Sausage McGriddle for breakfast......... ruined my calories for the day.....i am OVER
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Let's see here I had chocolate peanut butter bugles, hot and spicy chex mix, and a mocha pie from Arby's .... Grant it I didn't eat a whole lot of any of it but it was a whole bunch of wasted calories....