Recommendation To Wives and GFs Out There

Options

Replies

• abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My husband is a chef and I really am not a fan of the kitchen. He does cook 1 day a week though and its always good but oh so fattening!!! I always eat no complaints. I am not a fabulous cook, even though I try. He eats it and mever complains unless its something he really doesnt like and I keep making it then he tells me...haha.
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    man if my husband cooked I would kiss him and prob lick the plate and he would possibly get lucky that night lol

Thats awesome, I bet if you tell him that he would go right in and cook something!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Why is this advice only directed at women?

You're right...it should be directed at both sexes. However, I am a man, and I'll admit I was speaking from the stereotypical perspective that the wife/woman is usually the one responsible for meals. Conversely, it is atypical of many men to try to cook something, especially, if they don't know how to cook in general.

Sorry, I'm venting a bit. And I'll admit, I'm probably more sensitive about this because of other feelings of being unappreciated and taken for granted in general.

Also, for the record, she didn't have a stomach ailment or anything that would preclude her from eating...she told me to my face that she didn't like the sound of it and wasn't going to try it (which is something I would have NEVER done).

My husband is the cook in my family, when I do TRY to cook, he is really good about it, tries it, he will choke it down until I say...."hun! it is really bad, throw it out, I did"

But I know if he doesn't even give it a go, that would really upset me!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If my husband cooked (assuming it didn't have meat in it) I'd be thrilled, and I would eat it, even if it was terrible. Hell, I'm grateful when he makes me a peanut butter sandwich (which is about the level of his culinary abilities). If someone tried, there is no reason to be mean or rude.
  • awoodwaring
    awoodwaring Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ah, that is too bad. I am trying to each graciousness to my kids. My 9 yr old dd was complaining last night because DH was going to make some pheasant (and chucker!) for dinner. My kids and I have not had pheasant before and were none too thrilled. I told my daughter, "Honey, honestly, I have no desire to eat this pheasant either. However, Daddy is going to a lot of effort and time to cook us dinner so I won't complain, I will be happy I am being cooked dinner and I will try what he made without making a fuss. And, I will hope for lots of good side dishes!!" Dinner was fantastic and we all had several servings (with yummy side dishes)!! I am lucky in that my hubby is a good cook!

It sounds like your wife may not have learned graciousness, but hopefully, you will be able to teach your children.
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    Also, for the record, she didn't have a stomach ailment or anything that would preclude her from eating...she told me to my face that she didn't like the sound of it and wasn't going to try it (which is something I would have NEVER done).

That's just crappy.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My husband is so proud every time (which is rare) he cooks that I don't have the heart to not try it and finish it. It's the effort that counts and is so sweet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Guess my wife is lucky then...............I do ALL the cooking (along with cleaning, laundry, yardwork, etc). And I never complain about it because I actually like doing it. Tonight, short ribs (in my marinade), some rice and vegetables of choice (tomato, bell pepper, and cucumber).
    You forgot to add what a humble guy you are, too.
    Forgot to mention that I'm good in bed too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Bentley2718
    Options
    Totally understand. My husband is super picky. He's learned over the years that if he doesn't like it to get up and make himself a grilled cheese, lol.

lol. I can always tell my husband doesn't like something when he eats a small serving of something, then I catch him int he kitchen with the jar of peanut butter.
  • alishuman
    Options
    mine cooked for me. once. in 15 years. after that we mutually decided it would be best if i cooked, he made cheese quesadillas. just one little problem....he used dish soap instead of olive oil.:laugh: have ya ever smelled soap burning on stove? believe me you'll know the smell when/if you ever encounter it! we had friends over too- one of them had taken a few bites before realizing something was oh so very wrong. lolol.
    okay in his defense i did keep the dish soap in one of those tabletop oil or vinegar glass bottles w/ metal top (kwim?) however it was next to sink among the other things ya use to wash dishes. olive oil was always on kitchen counter in big bottle w/ label that manufacturer puts on that says ..well "olive oil" near other stuff commonly used to cook. he had to move that big bottle EVOO out of his way too at some point i had noticed.
    we still joke about that one "oh i get it! you were trying to cook and wash the pan at same time! why has no one ever thought of that time-saver before? brilliant!" :laugh:

hahahaha. Ok. That is freakin' funny.

I feel blessed to have a husband that likes to cook, and happens to be a very good cook. Unfortunately, due to his work schedule, he only cooks on Sundays & Tuesdays. Sundays is fun, though, because I hate cooking, but we do it together its loads of fun... And he chops all the onions. =D
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Maybe shes jealous
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    man if my husband cooked I would kiss him and prob lick the plate and he would possibly get lucky that night lol

He must be an amazing cheif

he cooks ok but just the fact that he actually cooked instead of waiting for me to get off of one of my jobs or out of class would be the best thing in the world. His go to for cooking is tostino's pizza lol
  • CreepyOne
    CreepyOne Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    wow, look at all the grateful ladies :)........I cook every Saturday and Sunday lol, I dont think I have ever heard a thank you! lmao
  • Hbenson99
    Options
  • Hbenson99
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pompeyqueen
    pompeyqueen Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My husband to be wanted to cook me a romantic meal so he made a curry using sauce from Jar and thought it needed more garlic so he added a bit...........then a bit more...................then some more..........................oh and some more until eventually he had added a whole jar of garlic granuals, it looked a bit dodgy but I tasted it with a couple of mouthfuls and gently told him that I thought it was a bit grainy and garlicky........................................any way he thought the same after eating half of his and ended up throwing it way but at the same time made him self sick and was projectile vomiting most of the night!!

So as much as I appreciate the recommendation I will take it with caution lol!!!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, omg this is awesome. My husband was sick this weekend with a fever and I made him chicken soup. I hate chicken soup so I made it just for him. I bring it up stairs and give it to him in bed. I wait while he tries some and he says, ".needs more salt." :grumble: But of course proceeds to eat the entire (large) bowl and ask if there was more :laugh:
  • Melissalovejim
    Options
    Sorry, but I wouldn't try it either, chili over brown rice sounds kind of gross. Does she like chili and brown rice?

Anyway, hope you two can work it out and it doesn't ruin your day!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    If I were feeling sick, chili or beans would be the last thing I wanted. Not exactly a "sicky" food. Try to understand that. But, it was nice of you to try to help.

ETA: Also, if this the type of "problems" you have in your marriage, I might would try being thankful that things aren't a lot worse...because they could be.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Guess my wife is lucky then...............I do ALL the cooking (along with cleaning, laundry, yardwork, etc). And I never complain about it because I actually like doing it. Tonight, short ribs (in my marinade), some rice and vegetables of choice (tomato, bell pepper, and cucumber).
    You forgot to add what a humble guy you are, too.

:laugh: