Recommendation To Wives and GFs Out There

Options

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Little tip for some of the fellas. When you're having an online affair on a site that your wife is also a member of.. you MAY not want to start threads about how she doesn't like your cooking. You gotta let some S slide!
    Ha! I get your point, but now fearnloathing is going to come on here and say, "just the little tip".............Way to go, Brett!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that. My husband doesn't do much cooking at our house. But recently I've been working a bit later so I give him intructions to start the meal and he's doing really great and I make sure to tell him. Especially since he thinks he's not very good at it. With men I find a little encouragment goes a long way. Next time, light a candle with the chili... if she still refuses tell her it bothers you that you put effort into something and she doesn't make to effort to recognize it. Good luck with future meals!
    Sex will get a guy to do many things he doesn't like...perfect encouragement (this is not directed at you by the way).

Just the tip from a male perspective.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No problem there for me. My husband is a wonderful cook, as long as I remind him to tone down the heat a bit. (He likes his food crazy hot)
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Is this in the MPF database? it sounds like a fun thing to try out. Do your eat these plain, or pour syrup on them? Personally I like to spray some whipped cream all over before I sink my teeth into it. Lip smacking good!
    I really, truly hope this is a joke. I would tell you to google the term, but...

Aww heck. Feel free.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest thing is to appreciate the effort. My husband eats my cooking even when I won't. He says thank you every time. He NEVER expects me to cook so he always appreciates it when I do (everyday, lol).

If he cooked for me I would eat it and be appreciative. He doesn't have to do that for me. It saved me time and effort. Can't complain about that!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Little tip for some of the fellas. When you're having an online affair on a site that your wife is also a member of.. you MAY not want to start threads about how she doesn't like your cooking. You gotta let some S slide!
    Ha! I get your point, but now fearnloathing is going to come on here and say, "just the little tip".............Way to go, Brett!

Patti's making dirty jokes, Jenna's flirting...

Ok what is going on? I'm in Bizzarro world aren't I?

Hello.
  • WTJoyce
    WTJoyce Posts: 86
    Options
    As a former chef I do almost all of the cooking at home. My wifes enjoys my cooking and says so after every meal.
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    man if my husband cooked I would kiss him and prob lick the plate and he would possibly get lucky that night lol

Haha This sounds about right!
  • macpatti
    Options
    Patti's making dirty jokes, Jenna's flirting...

Ok what is going on? I'm in Bizzarro world aren't I?
    Hello.
    What? Me? YOU made the joke and I only pointed out that fearnloathing would be here soon! :wink:
  • yoshi91610
    yoshi91610 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My hubby is no chef, and sometimes he goes a little crazy trying to make it "extra special" and it bombs...but sometimes mine does too! I try really hard to make good food that he loves and he tries to make food we both love. When I was pregnant I could barely stand up, let alone cook. So he took on that responsibility and at first we ate mostly "out-of-the box" meals. But now he has learned a good bit, and makes a pretty tasty and healthy meal so I owe it to him to try it.
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    What? Me? YOU made the joke and I only pointed out that fearnloathing would be here soon! :wink:

I talked with her and the both of us decided that you and Jenna could stand to go to church once in a while.

TWO can play this game!
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I do most of the cooking in our house. Sometimes my wife will just want cereal and I will make myself something else or have cereal too. But all big meals such at turkey dinners, ham dinners, roast dinners at the holidays I do the work. My wife and kids are extremely happy about that and refuse to allow me to clean up and they do. I love to cook and most love my cooking.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    wish my husband would at least try...never happen!

My husband and your husband must be lost tween brothers.... The only thing that he can cook are pre-made meals, and sandwiches.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Don't know where to laugh or cry?

I love to cook! And, without blowing my own horn too much, I am reasonably good at it! My wife loves when I cook as it means that she does not have to! My children like my cooking as well. Unless, I get a little too experimental! :-)

I should also mention that my wife is a great cook.

On an average week I prepare 2 - 3 evening meals with my wife also doing 2 - 3 evening meals. The balance being left overs as on the weekends we prepare enough so that there are quick and healthy meals available for the weekdays.

Keep on cooking, like anything, the more experience you get the better. Next time try something your wife would enjoy.

And most important: Have fun and enjoy!
  • macpatti
    Options
    I talked with her and the both of us decided that you and Jenna could stand to go to church once in a while.

TWO can play this game!
    Ha! Y'all are right. Jenna and I need to go to confession, too. A priest works across the hall from me, so I'll head there now!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaaand the moral of the story is: don't air your dirty laundry on a public forum.

Or do. I enjoy laughing.
  • jennajava
    Options

TWO can play this game!
    Ha! Y'all are right. Jenna and I need to go to confession, too. A priest works across the hall from me, so I'll head there now!

Won't that make me more of a hall monitor?
  • kandy221
    Options
    Why is this advice only directed at women?

You're right...it should be directed at both sexes. However, I am a man, and I'll admit I was speaking from the stereotypical perspective that the wife/woman is usually the one responsible for meals. Conversely, it is atypical of many men to try to cook something, especially, if they don't know how to cook in general.

Sorry, I'm venting a bit. And I'll admit, I'm probably more sensitive about this because of other feelings of being unappreciated and taken for granted in general.

Also, for the record, she didn't have a stomach ailment or anything that would preclude her from eating...she told me to my face that she didn't like the sound of it and wasn't going to try it (which is something I would have NEVER done).

It sounds like there is A LOT more going on here, so PLEASE, PLEASE talk to your wife and kindly explain your feelings, BEST OF LUCK!
  • jennajava
    Options

TWO can play this game!

Can I confess to Brett?
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Won't that make me more of a hall monitor?

It's Bizzarro day. Go back to being slutty and I'll tell you to have some self respect.