June 1 is in 20 weeks!

Options

Replies

• ImGonnaTri2012
    ImGonnaTri2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody -- I hope you don't mind me joining this group but June 1st is a big day for me too. I am 55 year old and want to lose over 50 pounds but more importantly I want to do a sprint triathlon on June 3rd. I have started adult swimming lessons and am using this site to track calories and exercise and lose weight so my goal will be achievable AND I will look and feel better. I have been doing Weight Watchers for years -- or should I say going to some meetings not really following the plan. This program is awesome and I love the bar scanner. I have only been doing it a week but I am down over 3 pounds already. It is enlightening (and sad) to really face the calorie counts of what I have been eating. It is becoming very clear why I have not lost weight. So today I think I will join the "drink more water" challenge and get outside to do a walk / jog !

I would be happy to have some more friends to hold me accountable. I really think I CAN do this and am focused on how I will feel on June 3rd being at least 40 pounds lighter and maybe finish my first sprint triathlon !
  • mrsrlj04joinslife
    mrsrlj04joinslife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to try to get some type of exercise in for at least 30 min each day this week
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This week my goal is to keep up the higher activity level I've been working on (especially so I can consumer a few extra calories which always keeps my mood up!). I looove how much stronger I feel just from doing aerobic fitness dvd's at home. I probably look like a goof doing them, but my goal is to keep at it!

My Valentine's goal is to keep losing 2lbs a week until then. Haven't decided what would make a good reward for completing this though... Have to keep thinking about that one!

5342150.png
  • mrsrlj04joinslife
    mrsrlj04joinslife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am planning on losing 10 lbs by Valentines Day!
  • mhmom21
    Options
    Please add me.. My family is going to Florida on a disney vacation in July. So my goal is to lose 30 pounds by then.

WIth support I can do this !

CW 204
    Valentines weight 194
    GW 160
  • WanderLaura
    Options
    My weekly goal is to burn at least 500 cals/ day!! :) I already hit it today, but I'm going to the gym again later.... after a nap of course. lol. I'm exhausted. I also have to really pick it up on the water drinking!! AND I need to try to sleep more and earlier... Ok... I guess I have 3 goals for the week! LOL!
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to get back to the 30DS. I lost a week to the flu (first time getting the flu and boy I didn't know how much it sucked) and drink more water and less girl scout cookies!
  • BlueEyes07
    BlueEyes07 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! I am looking to lose 25-30lbs by then. I want my Bahama body as I call it back again! So pumped for this new challenge I guess I will call it :)
  • BC_Babe
    BC_Babe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    OK, help! I had a headache yesterday so I didn't do my workout and I feel horrible. I still ate alright but defiinetely over my calories because I didn't workout. And I woke up with a headache again today. I really hope I'm not getting sick, I hope I'll feel ok this afternoon to do some! All I can do is continue to eat well!
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My goals are: Under 220 by Valentines (current weight 228).
    10 miles/day on my treaddesk when working
    at least 30 minutes on the ellptical per day or hiking/cross country skiing

I'm loving this site and the progress so far!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Would love to help motivate eachother. I'm hoping to lose 40 by then. We can do this!
  • wifemomof4
    Options
    This week to work out with heavy cardio 4 times this week with some walking thrown in! As soon as the munchkins are busy playing, I'm going to do the first one!
  • daniellek10
    daniellek10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I need..I would love to be 30 pounds lighter by the summer!!! And I have a Disney vacation planned in May!!!
  • lshabazz
    lshabazz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing... I started logging everything down food & exercise before I read your blog. Wonderful..

Since I have. I feel better and so more aware. I am really in tuned to portion size..... ♥.•*¨*•.♥
  • lshabazz
    Options
    @ debbiemc3 Good for you this is a good goal to set and is very achievable for you ♥.•*¨*•.♥
  • lshabazz
    Options
    @ wanderlaura Good for you.... The water is something important especially with your exercise goal. Maybe think about adding lemon to a glass...
    I was having trouble so I did that and drink 2 glasses before and after a meal. Makes a difference and that counts for 4 glasses for 1 meal. ♥.•*¨*•.♥
  • lshabazz
    Options
    Debbie I feel you. I want that 40 pounds by June. However, I will be happy with the 20. I have a total of 40 pounds to lose. I am so excited. This challenge & group is exactly what I have been looking for ♥.•*¨*•.♥ Thanks everyone ♥.•*¨*•.♥
  • lshabazz
    Options
    @ccsunlight, I have upped my game to leslie sansone walk at home video tapes when I can not go outside, like today. I am going slow so maybe 1 or 2 miles today and I got me a pedometer to log my steps. I will work my way up to 5 miles daily....You had such a wonderful idea... Thanks again woo hoo ♥.•*¨*•.♥
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Is it too late?..
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was hard! But I'm back- realizing I really love being able to have a snack when I get home in the evening. Will start saving some calories so that works!