who eats oatmeal for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• caitles14
    Options
    yesterday i put in 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup walnuts, and a drizzle of honey...YUM!
  • purseus
    purseus Posts: 54
    Options
    i eat oatmeal and i don't put anything in it
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I eat if every day that I am at work.

2 packs of the Reduced Sugar Apple & Cinnamon kind. I don't need to add anything to it because it's delicious and filling!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas :)
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I don't really like Oatmeal unless it is the flavored packets. However, today I tried the unsweetned kind and added bananas to it with some ground cinnamon. Still wasn't enough. I will have to find what works for it. I like the oatmeal, except for the plain bland cardboard taste.
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I eat it quite often but I make mine with So Delicious Coconut/Vanilla milk and just add fruit!
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I get the bulk oats at Sprouts(NOT the instant ones). I use 1/2 cup of those, 1 cup vanilla So Delicious Coconut milk, 1 tablespoon chia seeds and 1/2 a banana. Put it all in a bowl, smash up the banana and put it in the fridge overnight. It is SO tasty and a COLD oatmeal, so will be great for summer as well. I adapted it from this recipe: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/02/01/carob-banana-chia-vegan-overnight-oats/

I eat it cold sometimes too...if you google "overnight oats" there are some really good recipes that come up. One of my favs is cocoa and peanut butter. It is SO good!!! :love:
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I love Trader Joes frozen steel cut oats. Looks like a giant oatmeal popsicle. Delicious with a tsp of brown sugar and a splash of milk. I like the idea of eating it for a snack - haven't thought of that.
  • 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal. I use Quaker Oats quick 1-minute kind. On the box I use the heart heathy serving size and add 1t of real butter and two packs of Truvia. The trick is to not over cook it, so once I stir in the oatmeal and get it all wet then I turn the heat down to low. Stir for about 30 seconds and turn off the heat and let it set while you get the butter and pour something to drink, I usually have milk. Putting the butter in the bottom of the bowl, I then pour the hot oatmeal on top and sprinkle with the Truvia. Stir and enjoy. Hope you like it.
  • dalejackson
    Options
    Old fashioned oats with a spoonful of organic brown sugar and a handful of fresh blueberries. The. Best.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like the old fashioned rolled oats with 1% milk, but less than recommended. I top it with a thawed berry mix, a little nuts (sometimes) and sugar free maple syrup. I really need to eat it more often. It's great! :happy:
  • trvlmom12
    Options
    I sprinkle some of that PB2 on it (instead of pure peanut butter). They have a peanut butter and chocolate powder too. YUM!
  • jbarden
    Options
    I do! I use 1/2cup of oatmeal, either a small banana or a cup of berries with cinnamon and a tablespoon of flaxseed or psyllium husk.
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    my favorite right now is adding peanut butter........YUM!!

Yes this is awesome!
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Not me i eat 2 boiled eggs with a cup of rice and maybe a piece of bacon or two every morning. Oatmeal is great for cookies though.
  • laughsoutloudalot
    Options
    Quaker Weight Control - Maple & Brown Sugar made with 1%milk
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Country Crock - Country Crock Light, 1 Tbsp (14 g)
    Splenda - Brown Sugar, 1 Packed tsp (2g)
    Land O Lakes - Fat Free Half and Half, 1 tbsp
    Quaker - Oats-1 Minute, 1/2 cup 1 minute
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I like the really grainy McCann's Irish Oatmeal cooked in vanilla soy milk (no sugar). I prepare it the way my grandmother did (except she used heavy cream - hah!). I bring four cups (a carton) of soy milk to a boil, add one cup of oat kernals, and simmer for one minute. Then I turn off the heat, put a lid on it, and let it sit until cool enough to refrigerate. Overnight in the fridge the oat kernals get soft and chewy. The next morning it's ready to heat and eat. This makes about 8 servings so I keep it refrigerated and heat up a portion each morning in the microwave.

Sometimes I toss in some blueberries or walnuts. The soy milk makes it sweet enough that I don't need sugar or honey on it.
  • LakeishaEllis
    LakeishaEllis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eat old fashion oatmeal about twice a week adding yogurt, rasins, and cashews.
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So many yummy looking oatmeal recipes!
    I just made some for lunch--quick cook oats made with part milk and part water and frozen blueberries. Then added a banana to it, along with a little brown sugar. Yum. I used to only eat the instant kind, but decided to experiment with the quick cook, and was pleasantly surprised. :smile: