re racking free weights: is it as tough as brain surgery?

Options
KatieJane83
KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
So it's a Monday and I feel like posting a topic to entertain myself.

I've noticed, especially recently, I assume due to the influx of resolutioners, that apparently re racking free weights might possibly be slightly more difficult than performing brain surgery for some people. Is it really so hard to NOT put the 30 lb dumbbells back in the 10 lb slot? I think I may be selectively-OCD in this area, because I'm constantly rearranging the free weight area to fix it. Anyone else have a tough time with this, or perhaps an explanation?

Replies

• jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    Huge problem with it. Explanation, people don't understand the common courtesy of something as simple as that. Most people weren't taught put things back where you found them. They put them in the easiest place to put them and call it a day. Why? Because it's easy for them, give a damn about the rest of the folks.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    Huge problem with it. Explanation, people don't understand the common courtesy of something as simple as that. Most people weren't taught put things back where you found them. They put them in the easiest place to put them and call it a day. Why? Because it's easy for them, give a damn about the rest of the folks.

Yeah true, this is exactly the reason. I CAN'T STAND that attitude!!! :mad:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

I've noticed, especially recently, I assume due to the influx of resolutioners, that apparently re racking free weights might possibly be slightly more difficult than performing brain surgery for some people. Is it really so hard to NOT put the 30 lb dumbbells back in the 10 lb slot? I think I may be selectively-OCD in this area, because I'm constantly rearranging the free weight area to fix it. Anyone else have a tough time with this, or perhaps an explanation?
    At least they re-rack them.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Think about the workout you're getting rearranging all of those dumbbells!
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    :laugh: Think about the workout you're getting rearranging all of those dumbbells!
    I should sneak into her gym and put the 100lb dumbbell in the 10lb slot.
  • KatieJane83
    Options

At least they re-rack them.

Well ok, I should also add that I'm also getting sick of almost tripping over all the unracked weights. Lol
  • KatieJane83
    Options

Lmao! Thanks, I'm always looking for new challenges in my workout!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I agree with you...this is right up there with "not" cleaning off the equipment when they are done...especially men, most woment seem to give them a wipe...I have chased guys in the gym and said "excuse - are you going to clean that or are you just not done yet?"...lol
  • _binary_jester_
    Options

New challenge? Try doing Farmer's Walks with dumbbells.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    No, not all that difficult to do.

I haven't noticed a lot of resolutioners where I worked out.

I did notice someone leaving a dumbbell in the middle of the floor a few days ago. Keep in mind that this was nowhere near the free weights section of the gym.
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    I agree with you...this is right up there with "not" cleaning off the equipment when they are done...especially men, most woment seem to give them a wipe...I have chased guys in the gym and said "excuse - are you going to clean that or are you just not done yet?"...lol

That is awesome, I'm gonna start doing that! Lol
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    To be honest I lost my train of thought when I saw the word "rack"

What was the question again?
  • KatieJane83
    Options

I had to Google that, lol. Basically it's walking while holding heavy dumbbells, right?
  • KatieJane83
    Options
    To be honest I lost my train of thought when I saw the word "rack"

What was the question again?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _binary_jester_
    Options

I had to Google that, lol. Basically it's walking while holding heavy dumbbells, right?
    Yes, but it is amazing how many muscles it strengthens. Just don't drop a weight on your toe.
    I used 100lb weights. Not bragging, just saying make sure the weight is a challenge.
  • camillehardeman
    Options
    Seriously! Some people leave weights all over the place. If they can't manage to put a weight back in a public place I can only imagine how filthy their houses are, ugh!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options

well said sir..
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Yes, but it is amazing how many muscles it strengthens. Just don't drop a weight on your toe.
    I used 100lb weights. Not bragging, just saying make sure the weight is a challenge.

great way to improve finger grip strength too...
  • Kelra01
    Kelra01 Posts: 23
    Options
    Huge problem with it. They put them in the easiest place to put them and call it a day.

I have this problem too, finding the 10 lbs mixed in with the 50's or on the floor all over the place. Its annoying. I always put mine away when I'm done with my reps to the proper place. Basic Kindergarten? Share and make sure you clean up after yourself?
  • Kelra01
    Kelra01 Posts: 23
    Options

Found this for those who are interested to see what it is:
    http://youtu.be/WGsI03Apc2w