HCG Diet

Options

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Mr. Ed says, "NAY."

He also says, "here, have some apples, and work on maintaining a slight calorie deficit and do some strength training."

270140.jpg
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research on this before making my decision. I am currently under doctor supervised HCG injections. They are correct the drops are not FDA approved and not safe but I feel that with doctor supervision the shots can be safe. My clinic I go to does not do a crazy 500 calorie diet or even 800 calorie diet they do what they call "true" calories which averages out to be around 1000-15000 cal's a day but very high protein calories in that amount. Make the right decision for you. Even on HCG shots you still have to put the work in and count cal's as well as workout 4-6 days a week. There is no easy fix. I choose to give HCG a try because I am post menopausal, have hypothyroidism and am diabetic all of which inhibit weight loss.

From my understanding is that while on HCG you are not supposed to workout, due to the extremely low caloric intake.
  • edenjoy3
    Options
    Save your money...I personally did it and lost 30lbs have not gained any back BUT... why not do it the right way because eventually to maintain you're gonna have to eat right...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    As a person who was previously the skeptical one in a family of converts I can tell you-- you are right to be skeptical. This diet is soooo not worth it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    If you consumed 500 calories a day for any length of time, your doctor would probably diagnose you with an eating disorder. That is the main aspect of HCG. The FDA has said there is no proof that the HCG actually aides in weight loss.

My mom did it this fall and is still having to eat under a healthy amount of calories to keep the weight off. She's struggled with blackouts, fatigue and numerous other issues because of what she has been doing to her body. Don't do it.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Hahaha I love Michael Scott,, too bad he's gone :(

To the subject at hand, don't do it, I don't even know what it is, but eat smarter workout drop a healthy 1-2 lbs a week and do it the smart way. Slow and steady wins all the time. Good luck to you,and I hope you make a smart decision!
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i did it as a tool to get me jump started, dr's care injections for 2 months. i lost quite a bit right away, but it's only a tool if you dont change the way you eat and exercise you will never be able to keep it off. i was so heavy that exercising hurt so i used it just to jump off. it's been over a year i still feel great. and i'm still working out and exercising and logging so each person is different, mine was also based on a decent amount of calories with using the true calorie method.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Listen to Michael ^^^^^^^^^
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options

^--- THIS
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options

:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh: love this!
  • musial
    musial Posts: 5
    Options
    My fiance and I both did the diet in 3/11. We both had great success. I lost 35lbs in the course of a month, and I've been able to keep it off thanks to MFP's calorie counting app.

35lbs in a month is not healthy at all. I am assuming at least half of that was muscle, as you don't lose fat that fast.

I can't say what percentage was fat vs muscle. I do know it worked for me and I've kept the weight off for almost a year now.
  • joleneMykisen
    Options
    I did the drops, lost 12lbs in 3 weeks, My friends also had success. Cant say it had anything to do with the drops, (I think they were just an accountability holder for me)or just the low cal. But if you want to keep the weight off, you will have to change your lifestyle not just adding a short term fad diet into your lifestyle. I am now only counting calories and exercising to maintain. I am neither for nor against it. Good Luck!!
  • phephe123
    Options
    Hello, I tried HCG and was pleased with it. My calorie intake was not monitored at all. I just banned myself from fried food and starches. In 3 wks, I lost a total of 20lbs. Losing like 4-6lbs a week. The only thing is once I stopped, I began putting this weight back on. HCG is only worth it if you only plan to keep the weight off for a certain event.
  • vbottelson
    Options
    I've decided to give it a try. I started this weekend. My doc suggests 800-1200 cal/day. He also says that if I work out to eat a little extra protein. I am looking at it as a "reboot" to help me get my system cleared out so that I can get a jump start and feel good about the eating and lifestyle habit changes I'm making. I'm ready for it. :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hello, I tried HCG and was pleased with it. My calorie intake was not monitored at all. I just banned myself from fried food and starches. In 3 wks, I lost a total of 20lbs. Losing like 4-6lbs a week. The only thing is once I stopped, I began putting this weight back on. HCG is only worth it if you only plan to keep the weight off for a certain event.
    In other words, it's a really bad idea.
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    I just started this pill yesterday. I am NOT doing the 500 calorie a day. I am doing my regular intake to see if it will be helped as a tool or aid. I'm watching what I eat more and starting my work out. My best friend is also on it w/ me and is doing the same. We started it b/c her Aunt & Uncle are on it but also did NOT do the 500 calroies a day and lost a good amount of weight on it. I think they've been on it for about 3months and a have lost a combined weight of 70lbs. I'm drinking a ton of water with this but no I would NOT recomend consuming only 500 calories a day... good luck
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    anything that is a "quick fix" and not about a long-term healthy lifestyle is not good for you...it will mess up your metabolism too, making it even harder to lose weight when you DO decide to do it the right way (after gaining it all back)....please don't try it
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Do your homework...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet

1) HCG has been proven to have no effect on weight loss.

2) Very Low Calorie diets are only recommended for morbidly obese folks, under doctor supervision. Otherwise, they are dangerous and unhealthy.

Anyone claiming anything else will not have any reputable data to back up their claim. You're welcome to try it though. :flowerforyou:
  • shoelover78
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I did it and gained back all the weight I lost plus some! NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY!
This discussion has been closed.