HCG Diet

Options

Replies

• NitaMoran
    NitaMoran Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My opion, any quick will not last. Also, my experience. Slow and steady, it's a healthy alternative. :)
  • Leigh2778
    Leigh2778 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a good friend who tried it. She exercises daily and watches her diet closely. She just has a bigger frame and struggles to get down to a size that is comfortable for her. With HCG, she was able to get down to that size. HOWEVER, once she stopped the drops, and started eating healthfully again, she gained the weight back. I cautioned her against starting it in the first place, but we all know what it feels like to want to lose weight, so...
    You have to decide what is right for you, but my personal opinion is, it's not worth the money and the possibly adverse health effects.
  • roxannedingle
    Options
    I find it quite difficult to eat more than 800 calories a day. I simply feel too full to eat more when I eat the right kind of foods and combinations. How can 800 calories be bad if they fill me up completely?
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I find it quite difficult to eat more than 800 calories a day. I simply feel too full to eat more when I eat the right kind of foods and combinations. How can 800 calories be bad if they fill me up completely?
    Feeling full has nothing to do with giving your body the nutrients it needs. Eat more calorie dense foods if you have that hard of a time getting more than 800 in.
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    Alli is much better.

:devil:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm on the "eating cotton balls" diet myself.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Too many carbs
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    Yay? Nay?

My inlaws did it and lost a good bit, but have gained some back. I'm skeptical.
    Be skeptical.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • musial
    musial Posts: 5
    Options
    Why are the pro-HCG-ers one post wonders? This may just be coincidence of course.

Probably because we get jumped on. Exactly why I'm a "one-post wonder". :smile:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Hello, I tried HCG and was pleased with it. My calorie intake was not monitored at all. I just banned myself from fried food and starches. In 3 wks, I lost a total of 20lbs. Losing like 4-6lbs a week. The only thing is once I stopped, I began putting this weight back on. HCG is only worth it if you only plan to keep the weight off for a certain event.
    In other words, it's a really bad idea.
    Awesome. I love gaining weight back that I've lost. That's a lot of fun.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

Too many carbs

I do it mainly for fiber.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    VDA4z.gif

Biggest scam ever. The only thing that it will effectively help you lose is money.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Too many carbs

I do it mainly for fiber.

Cotton is a vegetable, isn't it?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Do your homework...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet

1) HCG has been proven to have no effect on weight loss.

2) Very Low Calorie diets are only recommended for morbidly obese folks, under doctor supervision. Otherwise, they are dangerous and unhealthy.

Anyone claiming anything else will not have any reputable data to back up their claim. You're welcome to try it though. :flowerforyou:
    Excellent post. Although I wonder about it's veracity because you have no profile pic.....
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Do your homework...

2) Very Low Calorie diets are only recommended for morbidly obese folks, under doctor supervision. Otherwise, they are dangerous and unhealthy.

Anyone claiming anything else will not have any reputable data to back up their claim. You're welcome to try it though. :flowerforyou:

Hey why dont you have a profile picture?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Do your homework...

I considered letting you wonder, but... it's a religious thing.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Do your homework...

Excellent post. Although I wonder about it's veracity because you have no profile pic.....

I know right? this is very very suspicious. I WONDER WHY HE HAS NO PROFILE PIC.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Do your homework...

I'm guessing "troll". CrossedArms.gif
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Do your homework...

I considered letting you wonder, but... it's a religious thing.

I think you're hiding something.
    OMG HE'S A FILTHY COMMY!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Haven't we all learned not to trust those without profile pics? I think there are several threads about it!
This discussion has been closed.