Are you a GYM IDIOT?

Options
_David_
_David_ Posts: 476 Member
This is a funny thread on BB.com that is 6 years old and 8k+ replys, lets see what you consider a gym idiot.

if you drop any dumbell under 55lbs your a gym idiot even although some lifts there is not reason to drop weight at all
Screamers that you can hear over your head phones
People who do curls in the squat racks
Lets hear what you got

Replies

• jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Brought your handbag into the weights room.
    Full face of makeup.
    1 set, update your facebook status on your iphone, next machine.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I loathe the gym idiot - I remember back in college I was rowing crew so my upper body was really strong. Well - this dude is using the lateral pull down - probably about 80lbs - grunting and screaming "get it! get it!" and "bring it home!" TO HIMSELF! then drops the damn weights. So, for kicks I asked if he was between sets, sat down, upped the weight a bit and started whistling as I pulled down. He probably couldn't please his woman that night, you're welcome :bigsmile:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    The version of "Gym Idiot" I encounter is when trying to job on the track. Wanna walk 3-4 wide & block both the WALKING and JOGGING lane? At least listen for the joggers. There is a thick white line dividing, with WALKING stenciled on one side and JOGGING stenciled on the other side every quarter-lap.

The other is the one in the weight room giving me unsolicited advice when he has no idea what the goal of my workout is. Might be the smartest one in there but without knowing my goals he can't properly advise me.

JM
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I'm doing in a gym... So I qualify as a gym idiot :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

LiKe OmG r u stalking me?
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

I update mine after doing 2 machines... less status updates that way! :tongue:
  • jennajava
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

I update mine after doing 2 machines... less status updates that way! :tongue:

What if we just wear lipstick?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I'm doing in a gym... So I qualify as a gym idiot :)
    Believe me there is a difference between being unfamiliar with the equipment and abusing it.

Most people are completely open to helping someone out.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I NEVER go to the gym because I am an idiot when it comes to working out. I have no idea what most of the machines/weights in there do or how to use them. The only machines I could properly use would be the treadmill and the bikes, and I am pretty sure I would screw that up too. That is why I exercise in the comfort of my own home.... and its cheaper.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Massive upper body and twig legs.

Lift 3 reps of a ridiculous weight with the worst form known to man.

Complain about never being able to gain muscle and eat once per day.

Hours on the treadmill then straight to KFC
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The guys that moan and scream on every rep. Grunting a little struggling out your last rep is different.

Guys who don't wear a towel and strut around the locker room. I have one of those too, I don't really need to see your unimpressive meat sword.

People who do 3-5 minutes on a cardio machine and then mill about the gym.

Guys using their hip and back to curl 45lbs when they could maybe do 30 with good form
  • jennajava
    Options

I'm with you on this. This is definitely unattractive in a guy.
  • jennajava
    Options
    The guys that moan and scream on every rep. Grunting a little struggling out your last rep is different.

Seriously. Leave a little bit to the imagination. :laugh:
  • AmyJo54915
    Options
    I NEVER go to the gym because I am an idiot when it comes to working out. I have no idea what most of the machines/weights in there do or how to use them. The only machines I could properly use would be the treadmill and the bikes, and I am pretty sure I would screw that up too. That is why I exercise in the comfort of my own home.... and its cheaper.

Ditto!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    This is a funny thread on BB.com that is 6 years old and 8k+ replys, lets see what you consider a gym idiot.

if you drop any dumbell under 55lbs your a gym idiot even although some lifts there is not reason to drop weight at all
    Screamers that you can hear over your head phones
    People who do curls in the squat racks
    Lets hear what you got

Funny thing that is the manager from my gym... he does all of those things AND he leaves his stuff all over like three benches at a time.
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

Ohhh I HATE the girls who come to the gym looking like they are at a damn night club, Hair all curled and makeup on, tiny little tanktop with no sportsbra. I go to the gym to work my *kitten* off and expect to look like crap doing so
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I loathe the gym idiot - I remember back in college I was rowing crew so my upper body was really strong. Well - this dude is using the lateral pull down - probably about 80lbs - grunting and screaming "get it! get it!" and "bring it home!" TO HIMSELF! then drops the damn weights. So, for kicks I asked if he was between sets, sat down, upped the weight a bit and started whistling as I pulled down. He probably couldn't please his woman that night, you're welcome :bigsmile:

That's hilarious!!! Love it! :D
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

Lift 3 reps of a ridiculous weight with the worst form known to man.

Complain about never being able to gain muscle and eat once per day.

Hours on the treadmill then straight to KFC
    Massive upper body and twig legs. Genetics may play a role in this, even when I was squatting and dead lifting double my weight for reps I still had chicken legs (thin but ripped), fortunately my upper body isn't massive, just bigger than the lower.

Complain about never being able to gain muscle and eat once per day. What is wrong with eating once a day? As long as you hit your macros meal timing is irrelevant for losing or gaining weight.

Hours on the treadmill then straight to KFC. Nothing wrong here if it fits their macros for the day.
  • jennajava
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

Ohhh I HATE the girls who come to the gym looking like they are at a damn night club, Hair all curled and makeup on, tiny little tanktop with no sportsbra. I go to the gym to work my *kitten* off and expect to look like crap doing so

There was a chick at mine the other day LITERALLY in club attire. Pink tube top and all.
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    weight droppers
    women (or men) in coordinated outfits, hair styled and makeup
    grunters
    inconsiderate people who do not wipe their sweat off the seats, seriously??!?