Options

Replies

• vxjammiedodgerxv
    vxjammiedodgerxv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    weight droppers
    women (or men) in coordinated outfits, hair styled and makeup
    grunters
    inconsiderate people who do not wipe their sweat off the seats, seriously??!?

^^^This^^^

I'm waiting to see a woman with thick make up actually work hard and end up looking like a raccoon....Bet it never happens tho lol
  • SamanthaRiccio
    SamanthaRiccio Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Brought your handbag into the weights room.
    Full face of makeup.
    1 set, update your facebook status on your iphone, next machine.

I don't take the time to wash off my makeup before the gym. Is that a crime?

Agreed. Me either. A lot of times I come right from work or somewhere else.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I bring my Kindle to the gym on occasion and listen to my ipod when I am going to use a machine? Didn't know that was weird. Its better than watching the lame shows they have on the tv's.

This reminds me that I can actually use my kindle fire to watch something meaningful while jogging. I can't imagine reading with it while on the bike or machine, but maybe that's just because I can't page turn and run at the same time. Or chew gum. I'm clumsy.
  • robertthesnail
    Options
    The people who park illegally or in disabled spots to get as close to the door as possible. Walking a few feet never hurt anyone.
  • jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I go to a very small gym in a senior center (yes, I am a senior); there is one woman who comes in with a ton of perfume on and always grabs the treadmill next to the one I am on. I have asthma among other things, and her perfume is a trigger for an attack. Even after being asked nicely to not wear so much of it, she still does. I have to change machines, and go to the other side of the room to continu my workout. The gym is not the place for this stuff.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    I think it's hilarious that people complain so much about things that have no impact on their gym experience while there are so MANY things to vent about that directly make your gym experience suck.

I hate LURKERS for example. I have to do these really slow negatives (eccentric hamstrings) for rehab. It takes me about 15 to 20 mins to do 3 sets of 12-15 reps because I isolate, and do one leg at a time. There is no rest break between sets, so it's not like I'm just sitting there taking up space. But every once in a while some dude just LOOMS over me for 5 to 10 minutes. Next time, I'm going to turn around and say "I've got six more sets, if youre waiting" just to get him to leave.

Hmm.. you sure he's not just checking out your *kitten*?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options
    I bust my *kitten* on the elliptical so by the time I am at work, often I need to take the elevator.

People at work give me the side eye because I always take the elevator. Hey...if they were putting in this many miles, they'd be taking it too.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I totally read when I'm in a bike. I get bored easily and I'd much rather be on my actual bike outside, but when ther's snow and ice and I'm biking indoors, reading is the only thing that will keep me on there for any amount of time. The elliptical or treadmill? No. But on the bike, I can still get a great burn while reading.

I can't stand the groups of high school boys that come in packs of 5, 6, and 7 and just seem to take up space and hog all the equipment but look at me weird when I ask if I can work in with them on something that is easy to change...like the lat pull downs. Hell, I even put their weight back!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what's wrong with having a kindle at the gym?

At my gym some people use the squat rack for chin-ups/pull-ups. There are like 2-3 other places where they could do them, so it's a bit annoying when I need the squat rack. But I just wait, and usually they go away and realize they could do their chin ups somewhere else.
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The only people that really bother me are those who do cross-fit and in turn "claim" 3 different machines at once and the guys who leave the bars fully stocked with weights, so I have to clear them off before I can start.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

Hmm.. you sure he's not just checking out your *kitten*?

Yea...my gym is unusual. It's an older crowd (median age is probably 50). Everyone is very career oriented, responsible, upstanding citizen type. I'm lucky to have very few gym gripes, since the members are super high quality peeps for the most part. Plus, his annoyed sighs tip me off...
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    While I agree in theory about the kindle, I have to say I could probably read (if the font were big enough) on the treadmill. Also, I'd watch movies on Netflix. I do bring my iPad to the gym as I use it to record my weight workouts. Oh and I do wear makeup as I don't take the time to wash it off after work. I guess I'm lucky at my gym, the only annoying folks are the one's who don't wipe down the equipment. My New Years Resolution is to make a comment to them pointing out where the antibacterial wipes are!
  • SamanthaRiccio
    SamanthaRiccio Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I bring my Kindle to the gym on occasion and listen to my ipod when I am going to use a machine? Didn't know that was weird. Its better than watching the lame shows they have on the tv's.

This reminds me that I can actually use my kindle fire to watch something meaningful while jogging. I can't imagine reading with it while on the bike or machine, but maybe that's just because I can't page turn and run at the same time. Or chew gum. I'm clumsy.

Ha I cant read it while running. I would wipe out. But on the Elliptical or something its no different than watching tv!
  • justjinny
    justjinny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ever notice the person driving around the parking lot looking for the closest spot possible? They came to workout, why do you need a front row spot?

I do that when it's effin' cold.

When its cold I just run to and from my car.
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    In the locker room, If you shave at the sink or weigh yourself as naked as the day you were born... your a gym idiot! COME ON PEOPLE!!!! Just grab a towel!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Not just the ones that don't wipe their machines down after they're done...but the ones that don't wipe it down before! You have no idea if the person before you wiped it down, they could've sweat on that machine for an hour and you'd have no idea unless you saw them get off it. *cringe* I clean them before and after.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options

Ha I cant read it while running. I would wipe out. But on the Elliptical or something its no different than watching tv!

I can't read or watch anything while on any cardio equipment (I don't wear my glasses to work out) but I absolutely bring my Kindle and let it read to me!
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Not just the ones that don't wipe their machines down after they're done...but the ones that don't wipe it down before! You have no idea if the person before you wiped it down, they could've sweat on that machine for an hour and you'd have no idea unless you saw them get off it. *cringe* I clean them before and after.

You're right, but I usually don't wipe it before... I just don't really think about this. I guess I should bring my towel! :)
  • leafnautumn
    Options
    How about the old men whose shorts are way too short?!