Are you a GYM IDIOT?

Options

Replies

• cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You won't catch me dead without my makeup on! I have always worn makeup, always will, the gym is no exception! That doesn't make me an idiot though, maybe obsessive compulsive. : )

A co-worker and I used to go to the gym at lunch. She would spend 45 minutes on the bike with sweat dripping down her neck and back but never, and I mean never, did her makeup smudge or move one bit. Don't know what brand she wore but she probably could have done a commercial for it.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Brought your handbag into the weights room.
    Full face of makeup.
    1 set, update your facebook status on your iphone, next machine.

LiKe OmG r u stalking me?

I go to gym before work, so I always have a full face of makeup...don't have time to do it afterwards....;)
    :huh: you go from the gym straight to work sans shower?

Guess you could shower without ruining your makeup? I'm not sure though, wouldn't try it myself ;)

If I have makeup at the gym, it's just because I didn't take the time to remove it after work and before getting to the gym. But otherwise, putting makeup on before the gym seems like a waste of time. I can understand a 'bit' of makeup. But lipstick and all? It seems weird. You're going to sweat, right?
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Anyone who talks on the phone while doing "cardio." Hint: if you can talk, you're not doing it hard enough.

we have a no cell phone policy on the fitness floor and it works wonders
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Anyone who talks on the phone while doing "cardio." Hint: if you can talk, you're not doing it hard enough.

we have a no cell phone policy on the fitness floor and it works wonders

We have that too, but unfortunately, it's not enforced.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You won't catch me dead without my makeup on! I have always worn makeup, always will, the gym is no exception! That doesn't make me an idiot though, maybe obsessive compulsive. : )

Me too, LMAO, I don't go anywhere without my makeup on!
  • torelli3
    Options
    Gym Idiot..... Is when a person is working out in the free weight area or smith machine area and they have no towel and your waiting for the machine and they get off after there finish with it and walk away with out cleaning it ....Grrrrr
  • revjames
    revjames Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    large women hogging tradmills walking at 2mph with their hands firmly clasped on the handlebars instead of walking to the gym or shops in the first place.......
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I am the idiot that hinders her workout because of watching the idiots doing the idiotic things, LOL
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    this thread was on a roll and then suddenly died....

I still submit mine, which is those people that crank the treadmill to 11 and then hang on for dear life while it drags them.

What is the point? Do they really think they're getting a good workout by clutching onto the top of the treadmill while it forces their legs to move forward?
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    this thread was on a role and then suddenly died....

I still submit mine, which is those people that crank the treadmill to 11 and then hang on for dear life while it drags them.

What is the point? Do they really think they're getting a good workout by clutching onto the top of the treadmill while it forces their legs to move forward?

My pet peeve is when people have pet peeves that don't even remotely affect their own lives. Oh wait...GUILTY! Lol
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    this thread was on a role and then suddenly died....

This. And the ones lifting WAYY to much weight.
    And I agree with the ones on the cell phone. Same goes for texting...if you can text and be on the elliptical and/or treadmill at the same time...you aren't working hard enough.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

LiKe OmG r u stalking me?

I go to gym before work, so I always have a full face of makeup...don't have time to do it afterwards....;)
    :huh: you go from the gym straight to work sans shower?

Guess you could shower without ruining your makeup? I'm not sure though, wouldn't try it myself ;)

If I have makeup at the gym, it's just because I didn't take the time to remove it after work and before getting to the gym. But otherwise, putting makeup on before the gym seems like a waste of time. I can understand a 'bit' of makeup. But lipstick and all? It seems weird. You're going to sweat, right?

Yes this is the same for me. I'm generally at the gym after work, so I'm always in make up. So happy to see that makes me a gym idiot. :sad:

Quite honestly, if you think I'm a gym idiot for wearing make up wait until I get into the free weights section. I'm about to start lifting (NROL4W) and I'm sure I'm really going to make an idiot of myself.
    :laugh:
  • DawnDawn2011
    Options

Me too, LMAO, I don't go anywhere without my makeup on!

So glad I am not the only one!! : )
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options

They do that on the Stepmaster or Stairmill also!!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options

They do that on the Stepmaster or Stairmill also!!

Wait...is that not the right way to do it? Oops :blushing:
  • jheath123
    jheath123 Posts: 101
    Options
    The gym I go to has several different locations, the usual location is better about the location of the sanitizer and towels for wiping down the equipment after use, but sometimes I run to the other location and their racks are harder to get to and usually out of towels, the other people there working out are less courteous and a hell of a lot more grunters and screamers and weight droppers. I also think that its useless seeing people with the treadmills too fast bear hugging the control panel, I mean slow it down add a minute or 2. Theres one guy I always see come to the gym once or twice a week gets a muscle milk does a couple of machines then leaves. One last thing, people that stretch out in the middle of the floor for 20 minutes that you have to walk around and hope they aren't gonna do a summer-salt and trip you, I mean theres a room there just for stretching and don't stare at me on the ab machine while your asscheeks are firmly pressed against the back of your head creepy dude!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm accepting of all people at my gym. Working out in public makes you vulnerable. I respect anybody who's courageous enough to step foot in one of those places.
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    Full face of makeup.

Ohhh I HATE the girls who come to the gym looking like they are at a damn night club, Hair all curled and makeup on, tiny little tanktop with no sportsbra. I go to the gym to work my *kitten* off and expect to look like crap doing so

LOL...that was hilarious! Very true! I just shake my head and mind my own business but I often wonder do they "freshen up" the make up just to come to the gym?

yeah like i understand if you JUST came from work but their makeup wouldnt be perfect, i mean youre not gonna pick up a guy at the GYM, -.- people.......
  • wgieni
    wgieni Posts: 7
    Options
    So you are doing a routine where you use the same weights so you have them laid out for your circuit. Then someone just walks up and takes one of the dumbbells you are you are using in your set without asking if you are using it or if they can use it until you need it. Then uses it but does not bring it back when they are done, but instead offers it to someone else.