Treadmill or elliptical !?

Options
13»

Replies

• sncmaddie
    sncmaddie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you asked me a year ago I would have said a treadmill at a 13 incline burns more calories. But now that I have feet and knee issues, I'm banned from the treadmill. I really enjoy the elliptical. If you get one... try it out before you buy. They have different machines built for people of various hights. So not all eliptical machines are equal. I have found that different elliptical machines at my gym show a big difference in the calories burned at the same rate for the same amount of time. Good luck in your decision.
  • baybeecakes08
    Options

The one I am looking at is 2299.00 but on sale for 749 right now ! Should be okay ?

No kidding? If I may ask, which one is it?

Nordic track free spirit 5.5
    [/quote]

I don't think this is originally 2299. Found on the NordicTrac website for 599USD. It's not an ideal machine. Only 2.5HP motor and a rather short deck. Max speed is 10mph (that's fast, but an indication of the motor quality). But it does have a great warranty (lifetime deck and 25-yr motor). You can do better, but not the worst machine.
    Precor is tops, but pricey.
    [/quote]

I'm going by the price tag at sears Canada lol . I ending up getting the nordic 5.7 for 699.00