Seniors Golden Sneakers Club week of 3/9 -3/16

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
gosh biggramma I slept thru Extrem Make Over. We got back from the country of visiting my daughter and watch a little tv . Had supper and just went to sleep in my chair. This daylight saving time got the best of me. Her new house is beautiful and all new furniture too.

Hope this work out for everyone. I sure did not know that they would lock us up when we reach 20 pages. But I was getting tired of doing all that clicking to get to us. So it work out for the best.
Hope you all had a lovely Sunday. We have some more cool weather coming up next week. Its been rather warm here the last few days.see you guys tomorrow.

Marie

Replies

• CALIECAT
    Options
    gosh biggramma I slept thru Extrem Make Over. We got back from the country of visiting my daughter and watch a little tv . Had supper and just went to sleep in my chair. This daylight saving time got the best of me. Her new house is beautiful and all new furniture too.

Hope this work out for everyone. I sure did not know that they would lock us up when we reach 20 pages. But I was getting tired of doing all that clicking to get to us. So it work out for the best.
    Hope you all had a lovely Sunday. We have some more cool weather coming up next week. Its been rather warm here the last few days.see you guys tomorrow.

Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi Everybody,
    I love daylight savings time. I found this new thread by accident just now. I'll write something for real tomorrow.:bigsmile: :heart:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    I found this by going to the one I have been posting on....They do not lock us out after 20 pages...they lock us out after 500 posts....but maybe 20 pages is 500 posts....

I am posting here so that I can find it again....

Sleep well everyone......:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hope everybody find us this morning.

I had a good night sleep. Got up at regular time this morning. Having my coffee now and then I will have breakfast of eggs, toast and yogurt and some fruit. May save my fruit for later this morning.

We are in for some cooler weather this week not freezing but in the upper thirties at night and in the 40's in the day time. After a week of springtime this will be hard to take.

Sandy, I notice your ticker is showing a good weight loss for you. CONGRATS yOU ARE COMING ALONG JUST FINE..Keep up the good work

Phoebe---How is your FIL doing. Keep us inforn. I am keeping the family in my prayers.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: Good morning, all,

The snow is here again----not too bad but enough that the dogs had a fabulous time at the dog park. There were two other dogs there this morning so they had extra fun.

Today was my husband's weigh and measure day. He didn't lose as much as he expected :sad: so he's bummed and I'm keeping my mouth shut instead of my usual advice giving.

I'm staying off the the scale for awhile and concentrating on my food and exercise plan----trying to stick to them and make improvements along the way.

Hope you have a happy day.:bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie---ood luck to your husband. It is nice to have your husband dieting. It must make it easier for you. And does he exercise with you? Did you get a lot of snow?

It is nice to have all of you guys here. To share this journey with. It is hard to do it on your own.
    you all have been so helpful.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,061 Member
    Options
    You can run but you can't hide. :laugh: I found you.

Good Morning Everyone,
    Dreary day here, more rain expected, but I think we will be okay with no flooding. :noway:

Biggamma, I did watch makeover and what a remarkable lady she is, do you know her? What an inspiration she is and how she does it is amazing. We who think our problems are great should be thankful for what we have, this woman was born with no legs, married had four children and is now a single mom. :heart: The house they built her was beautiful, I just hope she can afford the mortgage payments.

Calie, I had changed my ticker to show weight left to lose so I think you misunderstood, but I put it back to weight lost which is still the same 5 pounds, it doesn't want to move from there. :ohwell:
    I was bad on Sunday celebrating my birthday, but hope to get back on track this week.

Have a great day everyone, I plan on it!!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi guys----

Sandy----
    I guess that I just didn't read the whole thing on your ticker.

I have just order a 1966 used Weight Watcher book. I lost to my goal in1969 on this program and make lifetime member. I remember having so much fun on it, a bunch of us girls would meet and go together. I t was about a 10 mile drive to meeting. So I am going to give it a new try and see how it work for me now. It was quite simple and My husband said I was eating too much, but I average 10 lbs a month on it. Will keep you all inform on my progress or lack of progress. They said I would have my book by Friday.

Well I am off to eat what i remember about it now

Caliecat
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Marie - the WW sounds like a GREAT plan! 10 lbs a month is AWESOME! That was how i lost weight the very first time - when i was in my early 30s.
    Sandy - have a great birthday! Thanks for telling us about the single mom on home makeover. I so agree with you - sometimes we all need to remember how very lucky we are and be grateful. I know I do!
    Woke up to snow here in northern Colorado this morning - which is a GOOD thing. We need it badly. Even though i'm so ready for spring.
    OK - i better get to work! Slept in 'till 7:00 this morning! Craziness!!!!!!!:yawn:
    Happy Tuesday everyone. elli
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning, Everyone.

:flowerforyou: Marie, My husband and I started this weight loss journey together this time. He's done other things in the past. First when his doctor diagnosed high cholesterol we gave up red meat, ice cream, etc, but before long he was getting bored and we gradually went back to the same old eating. Four and half years ago he was diagnosed with major heart problems, got two stents, and an implanted cardio defibrillator, quit smoking, and went to cardio rehab for six weeks. He became a big advocate of low fat eating but we didn't count calories or pay any attention to portion size. He was surprised that he wasn't losing weight. In January he found out about a program called Isagenix from his chiropractor. It's too extreme for me but the program includes a 400-600 calorie meal along with Isagenix shakes for two meals and a bunch of their other products. I had already started holding myself to three preplanned meals and a snack so it was hard to plan one meal a day with him. It was in planning the one meal that I found MFP because I was looking for how many calories in something. It changed my life.

We talk every day about what we're going to eat. He asks about the calorie count. We shop together. He suggests foods that will fit in with our calorie count. He's the one who decided to get the exercise bike. It has been an amazing journey so far.

Weight Watchers sounds like a great idea. There's a woman in my line dance class who has stuck faithfully to Weight Watchers for the last three years and she lost weight and she looks great. I wish the best to you.

:flowerforyou: :drinker: Sandy, Happy Birthday!!

We didn't get a lot of snow. It was mixed with hail and didn't even completely cover the grass. This morning it was 22 degrees and a bit slippery. It's supposed to be cold all day and through the rest of the week.

Thank you all for your support.

Have a happy day,:heart::flowerforyou:
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    GOOD MORNING....I was surprised to wake up to light frost on the rooftops....Yesterday it was very windy here.....It is suppose to be warmer today and later in the week may be in the 70's.

Calie...My friend on the other site I was on...went back to WW and lost quite a bit her first month..and she is 75.....So I think that you may be on the right track.

No I do not know the lady from the show...Our town has a population of almost 500,000....but I do know the neighborhood that she lives in....and I have seen her before.....

She has no mortgage...remember the check she was given for $125,000....That paid off her old house....and this house is free and clear.....she will have to pay the higher property taxes on it....State Farm gave her one year of homeowners insurance ..free....so later she will have that bill...

She was presented with a lot of other gifts that were not talked about on the show.....including more money that was collected....and the way it was done she does not have to pay income tax on it either....

Well not much going on here....I am maintaining my weight between 140-142..so I am happy.....

I saw a report on the news last evening that said people over the age of 65 should keep a little weight on to protect them from dementa and other illnesses....Seems like we can't win....They tell us one thing one day...and something else the next. :happy:

Have a wonderful day......:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

:heart: :heart: :heart: Happy Birthday Sandy:heart::heart: :heart:

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I you all!

Calie just ignor the email that I sent you. I figured it out!

I will get back later, gotta work!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    All of you guys going to have to help me to change our dat e every Sunday night or Monday

Glad you found us Jeffrey.

Caliecat
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the birthday wishes. :drinker: I had a great birthday, have been celebrating for days. :laugh: Today played gin with my buddy Lou, who is 86 years young, then he, my husband and myself went to lunch. :bigsmile: (over calories again today) Had a good birthday and even if I am 67 today, it is just a number. :tongue:
    I thought about weight watchers myself Marie, let me know how that goes.
    My husband has the metabolism of a kid, he can eat what he wants and never gain weight. :devil:
    He does watch what he eats though because of cholesterol.
    Gamma, I figured you really didn't know her personally, but she must have made big news in your area. I am glad her mortgage is paid and others have helped her, she really deserves good things.
    If we listened to everything we heard on the news, we would not eat food at all, one week it is good the next it is bad. I think watching our calories no matter what we eat is probably the best and the healthiest. (my opinion)
    I think we are all together again and hope we stick together through our journeys. :smile:

Have a wonderful day tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I made it thru day 1 of my vintage WW diet of 1966. As far as I can remember the program.

Breakfast it was: 1 egg, One sl of regular slice white bread, 1/2 apple, 1 glass of milk 1/2 c orange juice
    Lunch: spinach with 1 c strawberries and 2/3 c cottage cheese Made a pretty good salad and one sl. of regular toast
    Supper: 5 oz. of hamburger steak,1/2 c green beans, 1/2 c corn. 1/2 half apple.
    late snack: yogurt Which I don;t think is on my list but ff milk is and they both have about the same calories My calories for the day was 939 short 261. going to have to work on that to get it up to 1200 at least
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey am I the first one up this morning? It is a cool and raining morning here, Done been tho the store and got grocer for the week. I only bought what was on my plan. However I did go over for breakfast. I had 1/2 c cottage cheese and breakfast only call for 1/4 c. Oh well we live and learn.

:heart: Breakfast----! sl regular bread toasted, ! c Strawberries and 1/2 c cottage cheese, made like a shortcake
    :heart: --- lunch---big Salad/ lettuce,tomatoes, fresh green onions [ From my garden ] 4 ox of tuna, toast, apple may cut up my apple in my salad.
    :heart: ---Supper----6 oz fish broiled,1/2 c. corn, 12 c green beans piece of fruit
    :heart: Late snack--yogurt
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hi Everybody,

I was up early this morning in spite of daylight savings time, walked the dogs quickly, ate breakfast (oatmeal, applesauce, craisins---the last of the craisins before I swiich to a banana instead) then dashed off to the dog park for a 20 minute quickie for the dogs, rushed home, showered, then off to line dance where we danced a bunch of Irish dances in honor of St. Patrick's Day. :bigsmile: Then I rushed home, walked the dogs again and fixed my lunch (turkey burger with a TBS of Fat Daddy's spicy bbq sauce, a sliced tomato, and the last serving of canned spinach). I love canned vegetables but decided to give them up when I found out how much sodium they have compared to fresh or frozen. :sad: :sad: My husband is off having lunch with a friend so I made a simpler lunch but just as healthy.

I have a 1PM appointment with friend 20 miles from here but she just called at asked if 1:30 was OK so I have a few extra minutes for myself.:bigsmile:

I'm meeting my friend at a coffee shop. This is the first time I've met someone at a coffee shop since I stopped drinking coffee. I can probably have herb tea, but I've also saved enough calories in today's plan to have orange juice if that seems like a better choice.

It's still cold here but no snow.:bigsmile:

Have a happy day.:bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning my friends,

Had a good day yesterday. completed Day 2 of my Vintage WW 1966 diet. And it is working. I did have a low blood sugar around 2:00 Am this morning and had to get up and have a yogurt to get it to come down. I guess I will have to cut my insulin down some. As soon as I do my food chart will come back with my menu for today.

Still raining this morning cool too.

Phoebe hoping to hear from you today.
    Sandy, Bigramma, Jeffrey, Missed you guys yesterday.
    Barbie, It was nice to hear from you.

See you later guys

caliecat
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!
    Missed my posting yesterday, but after doing a one hour wii fitness coach I had to run some errands and then picked up my four year old granddaughter to sit for a few hours before going to bingo, where I didn't win. :cry:
    I plan on doing an hour on my eliptical this morning (if I can) and then have a meeting. After the meeting, I am picking up my granddaughter to sit again. Her mom is very involved in a charity that has it's big benefit in June. :happy:
    Marie, it sounds like weight watchers is working, just be careful with your diabetes. :flowerforyou:
    Barb, you sound like you are busy everyday, good for you that is what keeps you young. :laugh:
    Phoebe, Gramma (she is no longer big), Jeffery, come say hello, we miss you.

Have a good day, talk to you later. :bigsmile: