Seniors Golden Sneakers Club week of 3/9 -3/16

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    hi all. Not much to post. Jim's father is getting good care and that is all we can do.
    I'm just checking in with all of you and I appreciate your kindness.
    take care,
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

Thanks for missing me! LOL

I have been just real busy. I did the talk Monday for the overweight kids and thier parents. It was really nice to do. I got a lot of positive feedback from all of them. It was very rewarding.

Went to the Doctor's yesterday for a BP check to see if I can get off the med's for that next. It was 110/72 Whoo Hooo! He wants to go 90 days and then try to get me off of them if it continues to stay down.

Not a lot else to report here. My wife has gotten better so that is good. The kids are good and the cats are being cats! Situation normal!

Congratulations to all of you "losers"! Keep up the good work on the weight loss. I am very proud of all of you. I know how tough it is!

PJ my thoughts are with you and your family.

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks Phoebe and Jeffrey for checking in wiith us.

Phoebe I'm always thinking about you Where does your FIL live> is it close to you and Jim? I went to the old challenge site and not a soul has posted since we left it. I left a message no reply but a few lookers as always. I thought I had deleted all of that but found it in my bookmark in my Quiltn__momma E- mail. account You know I missed going there.

Sandy___Hope you had a nice visit with your granddaughter. My youngest grandkid is 21 years oold. They are all grow. And the great grandkids are growin up too. One great gramdkid has already have a relationship with his girlfriend. I guess that is what you called it. They have thier own place now. Oh my how things have change,

Gramma, Hey I like that better than biggramma. How are you today. Been missing you.

Barbie Doll---and how are you, your husband, cats and dogs doing? I can tell you really enjoy them.

Elli----been missing you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have gained 2 lbs in the last couple of weeks. But Have already lost 1 lb on this WW Vintage Plan. I cprrected my ticker this morning. I am really please with this plan. I sign up on the Summer challenge to lose 15 lbs By April 30.

here is the basic plan:

1066 WW Diet Plan Date______

Bread [ regular sl. #1____ #2____

skim milk 1 c #1___ #2___

cheese hard 1 oz____ for breakfast 2 oz___ for lunch Or

Soft cheese[ cottage cheese ricotta] !/4 c ___for breakfast 2/3 c___ for Lunch or

1 egg____for breakfast 2 eggs ___ for lunch____

fruits #1_____ # 2­­­­­_____#3_____

meat 4 oz for lunch____6 oz for supper_____

# 3 veggies unlimted #4 veggie [ the starches one 4 oz/

Caliecat
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good Afternoon to All,

This was another busy morning ( my three line dance days keep me running). My husband has a bad cold :sad: and spent the morning in bed watching TV. He didn't feel like eating the meal I planned so I fixed him Campbell's chicken noodle soup and low sodium V-8. That's our standard sick day meal here. It's so comforting if you can forget how much sodium it has. I fixed me a turkey burger, salad, and frozen spinach, and low sodium V-8. He canceled his plans for the rest of the day.

Later I go to the eye doctor. He's a good friend so I enjoy my yearly professional visit with him. I got new glasses last year so this will just be a check-up

:flowerforyou: Sandy, your young granddaughter must keep you hopping. I hope you're enjoying these time with her.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Phoebe---best wishes to your FIL for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself so you stay healthy.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Jeffrey---your talk to overweight kids sounds great. There's nothing better than hearing from someone "who's been there". Lectures from professionals sometimes sound bossy or unsympathetic.

:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: Marie, thanks for sharing your weight watchers plan. Having a plan is the watchword of most good programs. The tough part is finding a plan that you can live with. Keep us informed about your progress.

The dogs loved their morning at the dog park. With the sun not coming up until 7:30, the problem of adjusting to daylight savings time, and having to be showered and dressed and ready to dance at 9:00 gives us a very small window of time to get to the dog park. I set the alarm on my cell phone for 20 minutes when we get there and as soon as it rings, I leash them up, and drive them home.

It's great having all of you in my life. :bigsmile: Thanks for being there.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Barbie Doll, This is just a simple diet and so easy to keep up with. and I am staying satisfy on it too. For my lunch i had a big bowl of shedded lettuce, 4 oz. o f tuna, 1 apple sliced real thin with the skin on 2T. light ranch. Its not on the plan but I count it as my fat. mixed it all together and it made a great big salad. Sl. whole wheat toast., coffee Breakfast was Strawberries. toast and cottage cheese., coffee. Midday snack: Yogurt , Supper 6 oz of fish, 1/2 c corn 1/2 c. green beans 1 c mixed fruit Late snack yogurt Oh their is not a word about exercise in the book at all. but I know we need to keep the motor running. As I loose more weight I should feel more like doing more than I do.
    I stll remember that 4 lb challenge I had with you. right now I am -1lb. And March is flying by.

I enjoy having you all here. It makes my day

Caliecat
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Managed to do an hour on my eliptical today so gained 180 calories. :happy: Picked up my granddaughter and she is with me now until around her bedtime, when her mom will pick her up.
    She is really a good eater and even though she is only 3 1/2 she should probably be here with us counting calories. :tongue: Hopefully, she will thin out this summer with all her summer activities.

:smile: Marie, sounds like you found your diet, good luck.

:smile: Barbie my granddaughter wears me out, but she is precious.

:smile: Phobie, will keep you and yours in my prayers

:smile: Jeffrey, thanks for checking in and keeping us posted, you are an inspiration.

:smile: gramma, miss you
  • darseaver
    Options
    Hi. My name is Darlene. I am so new here, just started tonight. I am a gramma of 3 beautiful grandchildren. I need alot of inspiration and suggestions. I hope to be here often to get to know you all. Goodnight to all for now.

167776.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Darlene, Welcome abroad. We have a lovely bunch here, all so nice and all trying to lose some weight. Never ending battle.
    :noway: I am from Dallas, Texas
    : :noway: I am 78 years old
    :noway: 3 grown kids, 4 grandkids and 4 great grandkids
    :noway: Love it here and you will too. We are here to help one another
    :noway: the best of luck on your journey here

Marie
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    WELCOME DARLENE

You are in very good company here.....Nice people on this site.....Now a little about me.

I live in Central California

I am 69 years old

I have 4 children, 9 grandchildren, and 1 great granddaughter

I am not trying to lose any more weight really...just maintaining where I am....I have lost about 60 pounds since Jan.2007. However one of my doctors wants me to get down another 10 pounds....but my other doctor says I am fine....

Slow and steady wins this race...Baby steps....one day at a time.....

Enjoy your journey here....I am...:flowerforyou:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everyone!

Sandy - I'm so impressed you can do an HOUR on the elliptical! I get so BORED! I have to break my cardio up into 20 minutes on each different machine.
    Marie - sounds like the WW diet is going to work GREAT for you! COOL!!!!! How's your back brace working out?

All of you grammas - i must admit, i'm a little jealous........no grandkids yet. My dil got pg while my son was home on leave, but she miscarried after about 5 weeks. wasn't meant to be - but still sad.

I had an episode with acid reflux that lasted 2 days and scared me so bad i ended up in the ER. silly me - i'm fine - it just hurt REALLY bad! Anyway - i've been kind of afraid to eat and the past 2 days have had under 500 calories - i know i can't do that for very long. Going out with friends tomorrow night so i'll eat "real" food - kinda scary.

Big G - i STILL think you need to change your name to LITTLE G!

Hey Darlene - welcome to the group - I'm pretty new also and still getting to know everyone. It's a great group! lots of support. We can all do it!

Have a great night everyone - I'll check back in sometime during the weekend. elli
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Hi Darlene and Welcome!! :flowerforyou:

I am new since January and love this group. :heart: It is so nice to be with people around your own age. :blushing:
    I am 67 years young, married for the second time, have four of mine, two of his, 6 grandchildren, 4 girls and two boys. I live in Itasca, Illinois a suburb of Chicago.
    I am trying to lose 16 pounds, will be happy with ten and have lost 5 so far. :ohwell:
    It is a slow process but in keeping company with this group, we all encourage each other, support each other and just listen when needed. :laugh:

Have fun and keep in touch.

Sandy
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Ellie,
    Acid Reflex can be terrifying, you think you are having a heart attack and are relieved when you find it wasn't. :flowerforyou:

Take care of yourself.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Howdy folks,
    Having another day without the sun. Still chilly and damp. But boy did we need the rain.

Jerry had his test ran yesterday on his prostate. Now for the wait to find out something.

My back brace is fine except I don't wear it much. I usally wear it in the morning to get things done around here and if I get out. They told me not to wear it all the time. Just when I am active. And It does make you feel full

My vintage diet is doing just great. I love going back and eat the things I used to eat and I have conferdence in it, and stay full. I guess it is all this protein. And a good balance diet. I have change a couple things : ! T olive oil a day and used non-fat yogurt for FF Milk sometime. Neither one was listed in the original diet But other than that I am sticking to it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44664-somethings-for-my-fellow-texans This is a topic I am going to now and we are talking about a get together for all of us Texan and friends. Should be fun if they get anything work out.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning to our new member Carlene

Good to see you back Elli

Phoebe hope all is going well.

Jeffrey Wish I could have been there for your speech. I bet it was great and that you help some of our teens

barbie Have you gone to the dog park yet?

Sandy--- Love reading your posts.

Biggramma, Don't know who is sending us all this rain. Is it by way of Ca. or canada? I guess it is Canada since it is so chilly here. The high today is to be 39. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope I didn't leave anybody out Gonna have to make me a list of you guys.

Love to all Caliecat
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Friday the 13th!!

Sunny day here today, makes it seem warmer than it is. :wink:

Did 45 minutes of Wii Fitness Coach today, although part of it was an evaluation. (counted it anyway since you have to do certain exercises) Sometimes I wonder why we all go through this, but then I remember how good it feels when we are done and that we are smart enough to worry about our health. :love: I love feeling energentic and even if it is my imagination I think my clothes are fitting better. :tongue:

I am happy to be part of this group and enjoy reading all of your posts. Don't ever feel discouraged if things don't seem to be happening as fast as you would like, all our effort will pay off. :flowerforyou:

Have a good weekend, life is good. :heart:
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Afternoon All!

Welcome Darlene!

I am 55 and I live in Indiana, wife my beautiful wife. We have 2 daughters, one in Goergia and one in college. I love to work out! Pretty much it!

I can't believe how much our board has grown!

We have a quiet weekend ahead, sort of. Going to a fish dinner tonight at a little town by us. Tomorrow we are setting up a health fair at our church. Sunday we are doing the health fair at our church! LOL

The youngest coming back to Indiana to college tomorrow after being with her sister for a week in Georgia.

Everyone stay busy and keep moving! Those of you that can, I really recommend you check out Tai-Chi. Very soothing, and a great stretch. I have been doing it for about a year now and I never get bored with it. There a lot of good resources for it, library, web, local groups Y and such.

Have a great Friday!

Jeffrey
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :love:
    Good Afternoon, All,:bigsmile: and Welcome, Darlene:bigsmile:

Sunny and not so cold. I don't let the weather keep me from the dog park:bigsmile: I'm still not adjusted to daylight savings time so even though I mean to get up early, I don't. If I don't waste time, I can get up after 7 and still have time to walk the dogs, eat breakfast, go to the dog park, shower and get to line dance class on time (it's 9:30 on Friday and 9:00 on Wednesday and Thursday).

I've realized that since nobody I know commented as I gained weight, they won't be commenting as I lose. I need to rely on all of you for support. I'm so glad you are all there.:bigsmile:

I'd love to know what everybody else is eating for breakfast. I love my breakfast but I'm interested in some other ideas.

My breakfast is
    *1/3 cup Quaker whole grain oatmeal (I make it in the microwave)
    *1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce ( I make my own applesauce in the fall but it's all gone now so I eat the store bought stuff
    * a sliced banana

It's time now to get on the exercise bike. I either watch TV or listen to music on my MP3 player to help pass the time.

Have a happy day and a great weekend.:bigsmile: :love:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello out there,
    Hope you all had a wonderful day. We did it is still cold and damp here but we are in for a warming trend here tomorrow.

For breakfast i had a Danish cheese on whole wheat toast. Consisted of 1/4 c ricotto cheese and 1/2 c crused pineapple
    For lunch I had a big salad with tuna , Apple
    For supper I had a big bowl of homemade chili with lots of veggies in it. and Yogurt
    For late snack it will be yogurt and 1/2 banana

good night all
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday!!

Another sunny day with temperatures in the 50's. :flowerforyou:

For breakfast I have been eating the same thing for years. :laugh: I take my pills with OJ deluted with water, cheerios with a banana and coffee with coffee mate. It is approx. 300 calories. I eat 30 minutes before working out because my son who used to be a trainer said you lose more calories that way. After exercising I wait another 30 minutes and have a protein shake. (just started this) I then try to eat something small, like a yogurt or some almonds every three or so hours. I will let you know if this works and if I lose any more than the 5 pounds I have lost. :tongue:

Barb, whatever you are doing is working, you have lost 5 pounds in a month. :drinker:
    Marie, you are very good in staying with your ww diet, keep it up. :love:
    Jeffrey, you are still my hero, anyone who is helping kids the way you do, I truly respect. :heart:
    BGamma, how are you we miss you. :wink:
    Elli, hope you are doing ok. :flowerforyou:
    Phoebe, keep in touch. :happy:
    Darlene, how is it going? :smile:

Have a wonderful day, will talk with you soon.

Sandy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good Saturday Morning.
    , got my menu planned out for today.

* breakfast: 1/4 c. cottage cjheese. 1/2 c Pineapple. 1 sl. of whole wheat toast

* Lunch: !/2 grilled cheese, [ 1 sl. of whole wheat, 2 oz of hard cheese] veggies,. small Salad, apple

* Supper: taco Salad [ Shedded lettuce with 5 oz. of homemade chili I mad yesterday and it is loaded with veggies. Orange !/2 c corn.

that will leave me with 2 serving of milk. for my snacks. Will used some of my 1 T. fat on grilled cheese
    the rest on my salad.

** Will do my chair exercise today

Have a happy day and enjoy your meals

Love Marie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    welcome darlene, hope you are still with us!

I stayed home yesterday to get a little done, picking up/throwing out/ and restoring junk we moved while putting the flooring down. ended up with no plan for dinner so I had my favorite, cereal! a bowl of special K protein plus mixed with multi grain cheerios. Coffee and yogurt later.

We call every day sometimes twice to see how Jim's dad is faring. We may visit him tomorrow. We leave on Monday to return to work. We accepted that he won't get well. He may get a bit better, but more than likely he is at his best right now. He slept most of yesterday, he didn't want to get up. He may do the same today, but his kids will be over and they will bug him to get up..he gets ill when he is told what to do!! :noway: We just let him have his way now.

I've got laundry and a trip to Kohl's on my list today. I'm returning a sofa cover I tried.. sure hope they don't mind that I couldn't possibly re fold it and get it into that small package again.. whew!
    I will exchange it if they have another one I like. I have a good one, but I shrunk it, shouldn't have put it in the dryer.

Glad you all seem to be doing great.. Marie, that is interesting about the old ww plan.

take care all