Stay-At-Home Moms 3/9-3/15

Options

Replies

• tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    We cant use any other form of birth control I am allergic and I had an IUD that made me really ill. We decided after no.3 that this was what we wanted and if it hadnt been for a clerical screw up it would have been done by now he has waited 3 years for this app. We are going to try this month and should know before the app if it is meant to be it WILL happen if not I will accept that this is my life and I will enjoy the kids that I have. I know what you are saying about if I dont get pregnant it will eat away at me but I thimk I will be fine I am getting another puppy this summer so that can be my surrogate baby. I do believe if I was meant have another child it will work I think hubby hopes it wont but I know he would love it just as much as the others if we did have another meanwhile I have a month to get my head around this I felt so ready for this and now its about to happen (the vas) I am getting broody.

Got a 30 min jog in gonna do shred in a bit better feed the kids then get them to school.
  • tazzy
    Options
    Shred level 2 done gonna grab a quick shower then get stuck into cleaning the last of my carpets before I walk the dogs and collect Charley from pre school.

going to visit a friend this afternoon she is off work with stress so she needs cheering up.
    Tomorrow will be a repeat of today I will jog first thing then do shred later then I have to take my hubby to sort out a new passport for our trip.

have a great day everybody.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Hope everyone had a good start to the week. Well just when I thought winter was finally gone for good, we got more snow last night :mad: but it did warm up enough that I was able to get the girls out for a 30 min power walk and just after I put them both to bed tonight I was able to fit in another 30 min on the treadmill. So I am feeling as though I accomplished something today!!

I am hoping this is a good week and praying I lose another few pounds!!

Good for you on the walking & TM workout! Stupid snow. I know it is just a matter of time before we get of the white junk here, too. We can't count it out until about mid-April. :grumble:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    just popping in!
    managed to clean the house today and do a workout dvd. :happy: last time i tried that dvd 2 months ago, i could barely do 10 min of it, and today i did all of it. yay for me!
    i'm hoping i can go for a walk tonight. we'll see.
    anyway, my week is off to a good start==i know it hasn't been the same for all of you. so here's to better days ahead. :flowerforyou:

Good for you, Stacy! What exercise dvd do you use?! Isn't it great when you realize your body is getting stronger?!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    survived the typing day from hell-- 11 3/4 hours at my desk-- *pant pant*

However, I seem to be coming down with the headache that felled the hubster-- either that, or I neglected my beloved java for the past two days (since hubster makes the Joe in the morning-- ) so I just made a pot of coffee and we'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the encouragement, moms-- I made it!

I hope it is just caffeine withdrawl, Marla. I bet that's what it is. Caffeine can do quite the number on a person! Have a better Tuesday!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    We cant use any other form of birth control I am allergic and I had an IUD that made me really ill. We decided after no.3 that this was what we wanted and if it hadnt been for a clerical screw up it would have been done by now he has waited 3 years for this app. We are going to try this month and should know before the app if it is meant to be it WILL happen if not I will accept that this is my life and I will enjoy the kids that I have. I know what you are saying about if I dont get pregnant it will eat away at me but I thimk I will be fine I am getting another puppy this summer so that can be my surrogate baby. I do believe if I was meant have another child it will work I think hubby hopes it wont but I know he would love it just as much as the others if we did have another meanwhile I have a month to get my head around this I felt so ready for this and now its about to happen (the vas) I am getting broody.

Got a 30 min jog in gonna do shred in a bit better feed the kids then get them to school.

Good luck, Tazzy! Have a great day with your friend! :flowerforyou:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This is really dumb, I know but...since I started (March 1st), I have either lost a partial pound or have stayed the same every day, but today I was slightly heavier than the previous day...and now I am bummed. How often do you guys weigh? I am scale-obssessed. Even when I am not trying to lose weight, I was still weighing myself almost every day (to make sure I wasn't gaining any more than I had already put on!)

Also, how do you other SAHM's avoid the lurking refrigerator in the house all day long?
  • tazzy
    Options
    I have a skinny photo of myself on the fridge and just look at that when I go to open the door. Also I only keep healthy food in I have a multi pack of chips for the kids the ones I dont like that way I am not even tempted. Rid yourself of evil temptations is the best way because we are only human and willpower is over rated.

I weigh in once a week at the same time of day.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,
    I am so sore this morning. I don't know if it's my bed or Turbo Jam yesterday. But just in case it's my bed...Does anyone have a memory foam mattress and what do ya'll think of them? My hubby was getting interested in them and wants to get one when he gets back from Iraq.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

However, I seem to be coming down with the headache that felled the hubster-- either that, or I neglected my beloved java for the past two days (since hubster makes the Joe in the morning-- ) so I just made a pot of coffee and we'll see how that goes.

I hope it is just caffeine withdrawl, Marla. I bet that's what it is. Caffeine can do quite the number on a person! Have a better Tuesday!

Yepper-- just caffeine withdrawal-- all better today-- thanks!

I am woman!!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    This is really dumb, I know but...since I started (March 1st), I have either lost a partial pound or have stayed the same every day, but today I was slightly heavier than the previous day...and now I am bummed. How often do you guys weigh? I am scale-obssessed. Even when I am not trying to lose weight, I was still weighing myself almost every day (to make sure I wasn't gaining any more than I had already put on!)

Also, how do you other SAHM's avoid the lurking refrigerator in the house all day long?

It is all water weight. Females especially have a hard time with this around TOM. I am also a scale addict, but I TRY to go at least every other day & I only "count it" once a week now.

The fridge & pantry...hmmm...Like Tazzy said, I don't keep temptations in the house. If I get the urge to munch, I drink a giant glass of water & give myself 5-10 minutes to see if I'm really hungry or if it was just "busy work" to want to eat, kwim? It is HARD, but once you discipline yourself & find the tricks that work for you, it'll be like you've done it your whole life!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Morning Ladies,
    I am so sore this morning. I don't know if it's my bed or Turbo Jam yesterday. But just in case it's my bed...Does anyone have a memory foam mattress and what do ya'll think of them? My hubby was getting interested in them and wants to get one when he gets back from Iraq.

hehehe Might of been the Turbo Jam. It'll get easier, I promise. Once you get the routine down, it becomes a LOT of fun. I don't have the memory foam mattress, but I need a new one BADLY! Ours is ridiculous.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Yepper-- just caffeine withdrawal-- all better today-- thanks!

I am woman!!!!!

Yay, Marla! Glad it is all better today! :drinker: <---- coffee. :laugh:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Drinking water when you're tempted is a great idea. I am going to try that one!

Marla, what kind of work do you do? I used to do a lot of freelance writing but have gotten out of it since I have been busy with other things.

Thanks for the support!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Drinking water when you're tempted is a great idea. I am going to try that one!

Marla, what kind of work do you do? I used to do a lot of freelance writing but have gotten out of it since I have been busy with other things.

Thanks for the support!

Marla doesn't get much of a chance to respond b/c she's a crazy, busy mom of NINE kids so I'll reply for her. :laugh: She types transcripts for random things from news broadcasts to comedy acts, interviews, lots of stuff. I like to hear some of her stories. :bigsmile:

Another thing I thought of that some people swear by is chewing cinnamon gum or brushing your teeth when you get the temptation. HTH!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    we have a tempurpedic--and love love love it! we had tried pillow tops and select comfort, and in the end this is the BEST. will warn you that the actual tempurpedic are expensive--but we have found it to be worth every penny. my bed is my absolute fave place in the house!
    btw, thanks to you and your husband for your service. we appreciate all you do for us.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted here much but I wanted to interject a few comments.

Tazzy I hope that everything goes well with your situation, whether you get pregnant or don't I hope that you can find it in your heart to know that its what was meant to be. A new puppy would help fill the void if by chance you don't get preg, so I'm glad you already have that planned. I'm wishing you the best.

Writer-for sweet cravings, I find gum (any flavor) is a good option. I'm with 3BB on the water choice first. Especially if you have one of those "I don't know what I want" kinda cravings, more likely than not it's just water that you need. Dried fruit is good for "hand to mouth" kinda cravings, or low cal popcorn. As for staying away from the fridge, I hope you find a solution. I don't have a problem with this until late in the afternoon....so I've started making dinner early (against my hubby's wishes). I'm so busy with the kids and working out and those kinds of things in the morning, it isn't until I calm down that I get hit with a craving...then I go for a walk.

And to whomever ask about the memory foam (sorry I missed your name and I know you are the TJ thread too so now I feel really stupid)-We have memory foam on our bed and I swear its what is causing my back pain. I was so convinced that this was the case I asked my hubs to take it off for a couple of nights and my matteress is such CRAP that I think that it may be the problem not the foam. Hubs and I have both found though that it doesn't allow for a lot of moving around. You sink it and stay there....so we may be just sore from not moving around much at night. BUT TJ will definately make you feel muscles you didn't realize you had. Keep it up, it wont hurt so much in a few days.

Marla I love the new pic...too cute

OH someone was talking about being a scale addict as well....I agree with 3BB. I weigh almost every morning but I only "count" it once a week. Our bodies fluctuate too much to take every days weight in to consideration. Don't let the scale control you...you are in control of the scale!

Hope everyone has a good day!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    3BB--the dvd is women's health Total Workout in 10 with Amy Dixon as the instructor.
    I really like her and can see doing the cardio 2x to boost its effectiveness. Each segment is just 10 minutes.
    For me, this was a great start to aerobics (vs walking, swimming). For those of you that do TJ or Shred, this dvd is probably much too tame.
    I've considered the Jillian Michaels dvd's but everything i read says there is a lot of jumping, and i'm just not into that. tho she does have a new one out (at least i think it's new), that may be a good match for me.

tazzy--i hope you get your desired outcome. and if you don't, we'll be here to support you. and having a puppy to hold and tend to will definitely help fulfill that nurturing need. i realize these are tough decisions, so just sending :heart: for you at this tough time.

as for the lurking fridge and pantry--i try to stay out of that room or when i'm in it, like now, i'm busy typing. also, just shutting the door on the pantry is a big help to me. can't see, don't think about it. i'm not usually scrounging around in the fridge anyway as there's nothing i WANT to snack on in there. just healthy stuff! :tongue:
    hth

later mommies--enjoy the rest of your week. we go to az tomorrow (we live in vegas so weather's not really a +). will be with mil (which is a +). --
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    :blushing: Scale addict here as well!!!
    Yayay my kids are all better finally !!! Cali saw the ortho today about her stuck together toes.. He said to do nothing unless later in her life she decides to have "plastic surgery" on them!

Got on netflix and found some Jillian Michaels watch instantly and been kicking my butt! OUCH ! Havent been really counting cals which I should kick myself .. So I am going to do it I promise! But last week was TOM and I get those stinking carvings argh... this week I will be good and eat great!

I am soooo ready for warm weather! I want to get outside! Treadmill is just not the same as getting out there pulling the girls in the wagon! And now that my dog discovered he likes the treadmill he stares at me till I let him on it! The kids want to do it too....So I have to wait till they are asleep.

My hubby recently ordered a bunch of Halloween Masks off ebay for pretty cheap so now he has been putting them on stands around my bedroom !! He wants a whole room dedicated to his halloween stuff, he recently signed up for a site that is halloween masks association!! OH my!!

Well, got laundry to do.....

Everyone have a great night and dont let the munchie bugs bite!!
  • staceyw37
    Options
    help girls! i know i signed off earlier...
    i was doing really well today, but after my evening nap (zyrtec made me groggy all day), i was just hungry and had to reach for the kids' pizza. and then knowing i shouldn't eat more of that but wanting something, i finished my smart pop and added 1/2 cup raisins.
    i know it's not all so bad. and i've had a lot of water today, more than i usually do.
    but day after day now i go over over over on my calories. even on days with exercise. i'm just hungry a lot. i feel full after any given meal (mix of protein, fruit and a little fat), but then i'm hungry again and again. and for the late afternoon, i just eat on... sound familiar?
    i'm frustrated with myself. 1430 cal/day is a reasonable amount to stick to--and i know i could eat more carrots or another apple. but i just don't choose that! :noway:
    i guess it's not advice so much that i need, just hugs. i'm just annoyed that i can't stick to a plan, that i have the will till 3ish and then it's gone, and i can't just go walk/dvd cause i have 3 incl 2 yr old and they just don't necessarily cooperate (espec the 8 y.o.). whine whine whine. excuse excuse excuse.:mad:
    oh, and i don't have a TOM so it's not that. and i'm so not pg!
    arghh! just po'd at myself.