Stay-At-Home Moms 3/9-3/15

Options

Replies

• staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Cali saw the ortho today about her stuck together toes.. He said to do nothing unless later in her life she decides to have "plastic surgery" on them! --sorry it's not the news you wanted. you can always re-evaluate in a year if circumstances change.

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    my idiot diabetic child told me this afternoon we had more test strips-- she was wrong. 10:30 p.m. I find we have none-- and we have no insurance. We're waiting for more freebies that haven't arrived yet, and I could get more from the Dr. if I have to-- but not at 10:30-- I'm going to kill her, if her diabetes doesn't during the night.

I hate my life.
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    went jogging this morning was going to shred but time is tight this morn gotta go to passport office to get hubby a new passport (tempting as it is to leave him behind) this is his 3rd week of work I cant wait to get back to normal next week when he goes back he has to work 3 weeks on this time before a rest week woohoo some peace and quiet I love him dearly but 3 weeks at home under my feet is just too much.

Gonna grab a shower hubby is taking the kids to school then I have to mop the floors before I go out out and we have to be back to collect Charley from school at 11:30 and somehow walk the dogs as I help at the school this afternoon I take a swimming group from my sons class groups being mixed up today so dont know which kids I'll have hope I dont have my son (he does better with someone else telling him what to do) I just love helping out that is one great thing about hubbys new job he is home from 12:30 everyday so he looks after the little ones.

Have a great day everybody.
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    my idiot diabetic child told me this afternoon we had more test strips-- she was wrong. 10:30 p.m. I find we have none-- and we have no insurance. We're waiting for more freebies that haven't arrived yet, and I could get more from the Dr. if I have to-- but not at 10:30-- I'm going to kill her, if her diabetes doesn't during the night.

I hate my life.

Did everything turn out ok?

Don't get discouraged! I certainly don't know how it is to have 9 kids & to be homeschooling...but we have a number of large families in our church who homeschool also and I know it all gets overwhelming for them at times. (Not to mention you having a child with a health problem) You can do it!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options

I hate my life.

Aren't our little angels just amazing?
    2238.gif
    Sorry to hear your frustration. Hopefully you'll get the test strips taken care of and this will be something your daughter forget any time soon and will double-check. Gotta love our babies. Wonder what we put our mothers through.
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    i guess it's not advice so much that i need, just hugs.

Group hug coming your way.
    2407.gif
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes that can make it worse. You're doing great. Listen to your body, keep doing your exercise, and everything will probably even out. Even without TOM, doesn't mean those hormones aren't still a flailing.
  • iftcheiaf
    Options
    Good morning mommies.

Trying to post real quick. Sorry that I missed a bunch of posts and haven't been able to comment to much.

Started work late this morning at 4:30 (usually at 3 a.m.) so slow going. Gym for 1.5 hours at 9:30. Then back to work until kids come home at 3.

Somewhere along the line, my son has gone through a massive growth spurt where everything he wears, I see his ankle or his wrists. I have to take him and his three suits to get them let down/out this afternoon before he grows past the point. To me, $15 is a lot cheaper than another $45 suit that he's going to grow out of within six months.

I'm a little excited this morning as I have officially have less than 6 lb to go before I reach my wedding day weight. I may actually be able to do it in 40 days. Then on to the next goal.

Hope all of you have a fantastic day. Stay SANE!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Lyn - Thanks for popping in! :bigsmile:

Stacy - *hug* I'm sorry you're having a hard time. It is all a learning experience & you're doing great! Just keep moving in the right direction & you'll be fine.

Crystal - Your dd's toes sound painful! Does it cause her any issues?!

Tazzy - I think having my husband home for 3 weeks would make me nuts. He doesn't understand that we have a "schedule" of sorts, even though it doesn't look like it sometimes. hang in there & I hope you ge the passport stuff figured out!

Marla - *hugs* This is what...the second incident in 3 weeks? I think you need to have a serious heart to heart with the dearest & explain to her that it is not simply being "out" of something, it is more of a GOING TO THE HOSPITAL type of thing. Oy. Hang in there & I hope the night wasn't too horrible.

Today is my "scrub the junk out of the house" day so we'll see how far I get. I have $10 that says I don't get very far. :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning mommies.

Trying to post real quick. Sorry that I missed a bunch of posts and haven't been able to comment to much.

Started work late this morning at 4:30 (usually at 3 a.m.) so slow going. Gym for 1.5 hours at 9:30. Then back to work until kids come home at 3.

Somewhere along the line, my son has gone through a massive growth spurt where everything he wears, I see his ankle or his wrists. I have to take him and his three suits to get them let down/out this afternoon before he grows past the point. To me, $15 is a lot cheaper than another $45 suit that he's going to grow out of within six months.

I'm a little excited this morning as I have officially have less than 6 lb to go before I reach my wedding day weight. I may actually be able to do it in 40 days. Then on to the next goal.

YAY! You are SO close!!! How many more pounds do you want to lose after that for your next goal?

I hear you about the growth spurts, too. My 3yo is giant! I can only imagine what the next 15 years is going to bring with him. :tongue:

I hope you stay awake today! Getting up that early to work doesn't sound like much fun to me. I get up between 4 & 5 every day b/c of my 3yo, but at least I can just stare into space for awhile.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options

Crystal - Your dd's toes sound painful! Does it cause her any issues?!
    No they cause her absolutely no pain, unless her toenail on the one toes needs to be trimmed, it rubs on the other toes !! We are glad that they dont want to do surgery. She loves them the way they are and Santa even brung her a pair of toes socks that has stuck together toes!! She was so excited. It is only 2 toes on her right foot.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Starting my day with a egg omlet ! The days I eat omlets I feel fuller all day long!
    @ 11 today we have people coming to give us an estimate for new windows and siding. Our house is 100+ years old and very very drafty so maybe this will help!

Well mommies have a great day I will pop in later to chat !!
    ((((HUGS))))
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Oh, siding & windows will help! Ours is only 40 years old, but since we've done the windows & siding, we've noticed a HUGE difference. The gas & electric bills are much kinder as well. :bigsmile:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Stacey dont be so hard on yourself. I totally understand what you mean about the afternoon snacking. This is a bad habit of mine also. I've learned that if I eat more calories in the morning the afternoon cravings aren't as bad. I've been going over my cals for a week or so now and it just happens. Don't let it discourage you. You are aware and you know what to do to fix it. Knowledge is power :happy: I know it's hard to get a workout in with little ones so what about turning on some music ( or the wiggles ) and dancing with the kids or skipping around the house (you'd be amazed at how quickly your heart rate goes up when you skip). (((Hugs))) we all have been there...you can make it!

Crystal I hope you can get new windows and siding. I owned a home that was 50 years old. Had the old weighted sliding windows, and it was TERRIBLY drafty. I couldn't ever afford to update them so I just dealt with the utility bills. Good luck with that.

Tazzy- I would kill my hubby if he was home for 3 weeks....I am usually on the verge of killing him after a 3 day weekend!! Bless you for making it thru!

Sara I totally understand about "dad" not understanding the home schedule. DRIVES ME NUTS!!!! I could write it down and he'd still get it wrong. That's a whole nother vent!

Marla-(((hugs))) You sound stressed love. I hope you can find a moment to decompress and then have a talk with "idiot diabetic child." I feel insane most days with 2 kids, can't imagine 9 and a sick hubby makes 11 right (oh you know they are as bad as 2 kids when they are sick!)

Time to get my workout in.
    Hope everyone has a great day.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good morning mommies.

I hope you find time for a nap. Congrats on almost achieving your goal. You are so close. You can do 6 lbs in 40 days! Keep up the good work.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hi moms! i weighed in this morning and have lost 1.5 lbs this week! i can now officially fit into my "transition pants" those are my old size 14 pants that are a little bigger than the other 14's. a few more pounds and i'll be fitting into my pre-first pregnancy clothes:happy: the weather here is crazy today. i woke up this morning and it was snowing pretty hard and i figured they would cancel ds's preschool, but no such luck. then it started raining, so now the snow is slush and super stinky to drive in. i'm hoping the roads will be better in an hour when i have to pick him up. on top of that, i feel like i'm getting a cold and dh is away till tomorrow :grumble: ok that's the end of my complaining. have a good day everyone!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    thanks for the hugs! and at least i didn't eat past 8 pm!:laugh:
    now if i can go walk for 20 min, then shower and then off we go. of course, i already know dh is gonna complain about the walk, but ** him! he is not the boss of me! (can you hear the sarcasm--he's so ocd when it comes to getting ready for trips!)
    marla, sorry about the strips. it must be just "too much" some days with all that you have on your plate. big hugs to you too.
    musicmom--yay for you! and you still look beautiful in your wedding dress!
    and to ?? 6 lbs away is AWESOME--keep it up!
    alright, now i'm really signing off. :tongue: clearly, mfp is addictive, and espec this thread. i'll be back in touch sunday. :heart:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello Mommies!!

I just wanted to check in & say Hi!! It's kinda been a crazy day, but I'm hoping that you are all doing well & keeping yourselves busy in a positive way!

Have a great night!! :drinker:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Morning !! We had the estimate done OMG !! They want 11000 just for windows !! I dont know I think I may just have to wait till my Dad gets better and he can help us do it... He has his own contractor buisness... Well of to run some errands today! I will pop in later have a wonderful morning all !!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Morning !! We had the estimate done OMG !! They want 11000 just for windows !! I dont know I think I may just have to wait till my Dad gets better and he can help us do it... He has his own contractor buisness... Well of to run some errands today! I will pop in later have a wonderful morning all !!

Good Gravy!! I hope that your Dad can help! It's nice when you have skilled family & friends.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

I choked on my tongue a bit. $11,000?!?!? You have got to be kidding! We haven't spent that much on one thing on our house & we've done a LOT...well, I guess fixing the basement was pretty darn close to that, but that was a HUGE week-long project. Geeze a loo, woman! I suggest you wait until your dad can help! Eek!

Hi, Sandy!! Hope you are doing well!

The end of the week gets kind of quiet around here. I think it is when all the mommies run out of steam. :laugh: