OT-What pets do you have?

Options

Replies

• debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have 4 cats whose pictures I randomly use here. Jasmine was adopted before she was to become a barn cat; she's our black cat. Cassie was adopted from an elderly lady that was going to have to put her in an animal shelter because she was dying and couldn't take care of her. She is part persian but without the really smooshed in nose and she looks a lot like Ritz but doesn't weigh as much. She follows me around like a little puppy. I can't get out of her site...and if I sit down she wants on my lap, which I really don't mind. Ritz and Triscuit were actually rescued from a shelter, they are brother and sister. Ritz is around 20 to 21 pounds, he's a Maine Coon mix. Triscuit is the only short-haired cat I have and she is the most timid of all of them.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    013.jpg

109.jpg

012.jpg

There they are, as big as life!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a 2.5 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi (Donald Anthony) who is 40 lbs!!! Quite a lot for those little legs! He is my best friend, so for his 2nd birthday we got:

a 5 month old rescue puppy (Zoe Anna). . . part lab, border collie, corgi? who knows.

And they are so in love. Best friends for life after only a month and a half of knowing each other.
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    I have a minature poodle named JJ who is 7 1/2

I have a gray shorthaired cat named JJ's Kitty she is 1 1/2

Their pictures are posted on my profile page..

Have a wonderful Monday :flowerforyou:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I have 2 beautiful cats :bigsmile: I too have a big cat... he is a little fat but he's also just big. His head is like 2X the size of my other cat's head :laugh: . Anyways my big sweetheat is all white and named Ciao, he weighs 16 lbs, down from 17.. he's on a diet :laugh:

the little one is grey and her name is Libi. She's just under 10 lbs and full grown. She's SO bad, lol seriously such a little misbehaver. They are total opposite.

My cats are the exact same! I have Rain (6 yrs old), a Main Coon and he is HUGE seriously like 20+ pounds! He has such huge features, paws, everything. He is so cute though! I love him to pieces! I also have Tiva (7 yrs old) the littlest cat ever! She only weighs less than 5 pounds. Crazy small I know! But she is just a little princess.

My husband has a black lab named Raya (8 yrs old).
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Here are mine:

49255_5545.jpg
    49255_7570.jpg

how either of those positions are comfortable, I'll never know :laugh:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY FURBABIES!

:heart: Charlie & Angel (the two in my ticker) and brother and sister and will turn 5 this Friday :heart:
    I dont call them by their names - Charlie is Chewy and Angel is Chichi. No idea where those came from. :heart: they came from an awful shelter and were practically dead when i got them at 8 weeks old. :cry:

:heart: Vienna is another cat who will be 4 years old May 13th. I call her Missy Miss. She was a foster of mine who was adopted out. She didnt like her adopted dad at all. She even pooped on him while he was sleeping. I too her back and she has been 100% happy at my house. :heart:

:heart: Big is my 4th cat. He was up for adoption with my cat group. He was shy and only would respond to me. I just felt like something was wrong with him. Sure enough, he yawned and his entire gums were bright red :cry: He has a disease called Stomatitis which basically means his gums are rejecting his teeth and he will eventually need all of them pulled. :cry: So, i agreed to take him home because he was sort of unadoptable. Got his teeth cleaned and his disease is currently under control. He will be 3 in June. I call him Biggle or Mijo. :heart:

:heart: Then there is the Poochie Pie ~ Penne. She is a Shiztu that I found running down the road at 2am last May. I pulled over and said, come here you little noodle (see why I named her Penne?)! I walked around for 1.5 hours trying to locate someone who may be looking for her. No Luck. Took her home and gave her a bath the next day. She was covered in mats and tics. She wasnt fixed and she was in heat. I took her to the vet Monday AM and got all her medical done. I called vets and local shelters but no one reported her missing. I could have adopted her out thru my group, but I decided to keep her. She is so much fun (besides my carpet and furniture being ruined :grumble: ) and Big really loves her - they crack me up! She will be 2 in July. :heart:

NO MORE FOR ME! :noway:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    I have 2 dogs. One pound puppy (Casey Jones) part lab with pit bull (we think) and a shih tsz (Kelsey Lynne). Two opposite, but love each other. Casey is 11 and Kelsey is 10. They put much joy into our lives. If we're down they always pick us up! Don't be afraid to find a pound puppy that needs rescuing. They make teriffic pets!

Yeah we plan on getting our lab from a shelter. We looked around at a pet store but I didn't like the idea of custom ordering a pet, and paying more money than our mortgage will be. My cat is from a shelter so I love the feeling of knowing I gave a good home to an animal who otherwise may not have had one. I doubt many Pomerianians end up in a shelter, and there is no way I am paying the price for one so I kind of doubt I'll ever get one.

:drinker: GOOD FOR YOU! I am so big on adopting from a shelter. Keep in mind there are THOUSANDS of breed-specific rescues across the country. You can find any kind of dog you want! GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FOR YOU! :heart:
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have a grey cat like that as well

I don't know how to get their picture in here.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    :drinker: Hi....

I have two rescued greyhounds, jake and kelly, they're both 9 years old, i've had them for about 5 years. they are great pets.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    We have 2 cats, a pom/toyfox terrier mix dog, and a hamster. All of these pets plus 3 humans in a 34 foot travel trailer. I must be crazy!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    We have a 5 Yr old Shih Tsz named Teddy Bear. According to him, he is the owner of the Universe.

Then we have a 2 yr old Albino Hedgehog named Sage.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    These are my babies!

This is Addie, she is about 9 months old and we got her from PetSmart...she's so silly and you just can't quit watching her...

addie16-1.jpg

This is my other cat, she lives with my parents and her name is Miss Ariel...she was our neighbor's cat but they didn't take care of her so she adopted us!

ariel2-1.jpg

This is my dog Sable, she also lives with my parents and she is about 11 years old now

sable3-1.jpg
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    We have an almost 3-year-old 115-pound American Bulldog named Georgia Peaches and a one-and-a-half-year-old 15-pound Shorkie (Shihtzu/Yorkie mix) named Polamalu Isabelle. (We call her Luey.) We give them milkbones at night before bed. Luey leaves hers about 6 inches away and Georgia is so scared of Luey attacking her if Georgia tries to eat it that she hides in her crate while Luey teases her.

IMG_0460.jpg
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    We have 2 dogs - Munchkin is a 5 year old Shepherd/Husky cross and she has a beautiful temperament. She is patient and loving. We got her from the pound- Gunner is an 18 month old German Shepherd who is mostly black. He acts like a little boy playing in the mud and splashing in puddles.

We have two cats - Midnight is all black with a white spot on her tummy. She is a bit of a wimp. Kitty is a torti cat. She was named Autumn but only responds to Kitty now. She is insane and runs around at top speed. She torments the dogs and me! Both cats are from the pound.

We also have an aquarium full of fish including two small sharks.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I have 2 dogs. One pound puppy (Casey Jones) part lab with pit bull (we think) and a shih tsz (Kelsey Lynne). Two opposite, but love each other. Casey is 11 and Kelsey is 10. They put much joy into our lives. If we're down they always pick us up! Don't be afraid to find a pound puppy that needs rescuing. They make teriffic pets!

Yeah we plan on getting our lab from a shelter. We looked around at a pet store but I didn't like the idea of custom ordering a pet, and paying more money than our mortgage will be. My cat is from a shelter so I love the feeling of knowing I gave a good home to an animal who otherwise may not have had one. I doubt many Pomerianians end up in a shelter, and there is no way I am paying the price for one so I kind of doubt I'll ever get one.

you would be surprised: my mom got two poms from a shelter. keep looking, they are adopted fast, but kudos to you for rescuing your baby!!!!

my zoo contains:

a wolf, Tahoe:heart:
    a dalmatian, Lucky:heart:
    a maine coon fluffy boy cat, Romeo, :heart:
    a small (small!) gray girl cat, Kitten, :heart:
    a black cat with no front legs (born this way), Jacob:heart::heart:
    an all white cat with three legs (probably born this way), Martini:heart::heart:
    an african fat tailed gecko, Gandhi:heart:
    a crown-tail betta, Peachie:heart:

I am one cat away from being the crazy cat lady. When we got together, my husband made ti clear that he had already had 5 kids, and did not want more. I was FINE with that, but I told him right then that he better get used to animal fur, cuz I was gonna have as many furry babies as I want!

Our first cat together, Puss Puss, is in heaven, and so is Tahoe's sister, Stormy. (We got two baby wolves when we lived in a condo- IDK what we were thinking):laugh:
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    We have a Yorkie named Lucky; he'll be 2 years old next month. He's such a sweetie! :heart: :heart:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY FURBABIES!

:heart: Charlie & Angel (the two in my ticker) and brother and sister and will turn 5 this Friday :heart:
    I dont call them by their names - Charlie is Chewy and Angel is Chichi. No idea where those came from. :heart: they came from an awful shelter and were practically dead when i got them at 8 weeks old. :cry:

:heart: Vienna is another cat who will be 4 years old May 13th. I call her Missy Miss. She was a foster of mine who was adopted out. She didnt like her adopted dad at all. She even pooped on him while he was sleeping. I too her back and she has been 100% happy at my house. :heart:

:heart: Big is my 4th cat. He was up for adoption with my cat group. He was shy and only would respond to me. I just felt like something was wrong with him. Sure enough, he yawned and his entire gums were bright red :cry: He has a disease called Stomatitis which basically means his gums are rejecting his teeth and he will eventually need all of them pulled. :cry: So, i agreed to take him home because he was sort of unadoptable. Got his teeth cleaned and his disease is currently under control. He will be 3 in June. I call him Biggle or Mijo. :heart:

:heart: Then there is the Poochie Pie ~ Penne. She is a Shiztu that I found running down the road at 2am last May. I pulled over and said, come here you little noodle (see why I named her Penne?)! I walked around for 1.5 hours trying to locate someone who may be looking for her. No Luck. Took her home and gave her a bath the next day. She was covered in mats and tics. She wasnt fixed and she was in heat. I took her to the vet Monday AM and got all her medical done. I called vets and local shelters but no one reported her missing. I could have adopted her out thru my group, but I decided to keep her. She is so much fun (besides my carpet and furniture being ruined :grumble: ) and Big really loves her - they crack me up! She will be 2 in July. :heart:

LOL that is so funny- all my pets have nicknames too.

Tahoe: Ta-hoser, or Ta-Ta
    Lucky: Monkey, Shmucka-Lucka-Ducka (?), Monkey-Face-Cookie-Pie (I am nutso for this dog)
    Romeo: Romeo-ski
    Kitten: tiny baby kitten (said in baby talk, of course)
    Jacob: Boogie (cuz of how he moves), Booga
    Martini: Tini, Tini Bug

That's so funny:laugh:
  • heather0mc
    Options
    I LOVE MY FURBABIES!

LOL that is so funny- all my pets have nicknames too.

Tahoe: Ta-hoser, or Ta-Ta
    Lucky: Monkey, Shmucka-Lucka-Ducka (?), Monkey-Face-Cookie-Pie (I am nutso for this dog)
    Romeo: Romeo-ski
    Kitten: tiny baby kitten (said in baby talk, of course)
    Jacob: Boogie (cuz of how he moves), Booga
    Martini: Tini, Tini Bug

That's so funny:laugh:

i love that you have special needs babies! we get a lot of kittos that are missing 'parts' but they get along just fine :wink: they are the best! good for you! :heart:
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    Miso is my avatar... She's a half-Persian tabby from the Icelandic cat shelter (the ONLY cat shelter on the island!) I call her Princess Miso. She's stuck up, but so cute. She has a numbered tattoo in her ear... I guess that's what you get in kitty prison in Iceland. (AKA Miso Soup, Miss Owens, and Meeses Pieces...)

Tag is in my ticker... He's also a half-Persian from Iceland - he had a collar on when we found him in the parking lot but nobody ever claimed him. He's TOTALLY amazing! He can "sit" "hi-five" "gimme-paw" "up" and "kiss" on command if you give him a piece of dry cat food as a reward! (AKA Tags-the-bags, Taggamuffin, Tuggles and Tab)

Chief is my big dog, a Shepherd/Malamute mix. He used to be one of my clients that I walked on weekdays... now he's my baby. He's very smart, but extremely Alpha-minded and it's always a lot of work to keep him in line.

Grendel is my little girl pitbull/shar-pei mix. She was dumped at a park, neglected, malnourished and scared of EVERYTHING. We almost lost her 5 months ago to a severe case of valley fever, but she is now 100% clean! She's completely ditzy, but also very, very sweet.

I have 2 ratties, Soleil and Buffy. They are hooded rats from Petsmart. I like them, but can no longer handle them... their tiny adorable little feet give me huge itchy welts when I play with them... :sad:

I have an Emperor Scorpion... she's big, black and beautiful. She had babies a while back and there may still be one in there with her... but it's winter and I hardly see her out.

And I have a fish tank filled with Mollies - my favorite kind of freshwater fish!

That's my zoo....