OT-What pets do you have?

Options

Replies

• jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Tiva on the left (7 yrs) and Rain on the right (6 yrs)

tiva-1.jpg
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I have two fat lazy cats Midnight is 17 pounds and kit kat is 14 pounds. I had two degus(brad and buddy) but am sadly down to one:cry:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Raya (7 yrs)

raya.jpg
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

i love that you have special needs babies! we get a lot of kittos that are missing 'parts' but they get along just fine :wink: they are the best! good for you! :heart:

we always joke and say we have 3 and a half cats
    Jacob really is the special love of my heart. he has a birth defect that is called radial aplasia, did you ever hear of that $%^&* woman in Texas who was breeding "twisty cats"? they have shortened or deformed forelimbs (radial hypoplasia), and they sit up on their haunches. she was breeding them on purpose that way. (nothing nice to say at all about her)
    Jacob was rescued from her. He was rejected because he got the most severe form of it, he has no forelimbs at all, just little stumps. But he lives a pretty normal life, he just gets down off the couch backwards.

Martini has no back foot, it is just a smooth stump ending at the ankle. We got him from a shelter, so they don't really know, but my vet guessed that it was a result of an umbilical cord wraparound, and that he has probably always had a short leg. He also has no idea he is different, and can run as fast as anybody!!!

GO SHELTER BABIES!!!!
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I have a skinny little cat who is almost 17 - Elvis (Costello - not the King), a lovable golden retriever -Buddy who is 6 and my baby a Sheltie - Benson who is 3 Yes I vacuum often:laugh:
    They are all well loved and taken care of and eventhough they are sometimes a pain in the butt, I wouldn't trade them for the world.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    OK ~ here are my pics...

baby charlie, sick boy...8 weeksish
    babycharles1.jpg
    charlie @ about 1 year - mr. handsome!
    charliebuff.jpg
    charlie @ about 4 years
    stretch.jpg
    angel chichi (she was tolerating big, who i had just brought home)
    chi.jpg
    miss missy - various
    missyplant.jpg
    missyback.jpg
    feet.jpg
    big - about 2 years ago
    big.jpg
    penne - after a haircut
    haircut.jpg
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have 5 dogs:

Chelsea Marie 12yrs old daschund/beagle mix
    Chloe Rae 6 years old Miniture Pinscher (mama's little angel)
    Satin Lace 5 years Old Italian Greyhound
    Punk (real name is Slate Lee) 4 yrs old Italian Greyhound
    Amos Kong 3 yrs old Red Doberman Pinscher (my buddy)

2 cats both 4 months old brother and sister, shorty and cheetah

several deer that come to feed in our yard

The dogs' pics are on my profile.

Memaw
  • heather0mc
    Options

i love that you have special needs babies! we get a lot of kittos that are missing 'parts' but they get along just fine :wink: they are the best! good for you! :heart:

we always joke and say we have 3 and a half cats
    Jacob really is the special love of my heart. he has a birth defect that is called radial aplasia, did you ever hear of that $%^&* woman in Texas who was breeding "twisty cats"? they have shortened or deformed forelimbs (radial hypoplasia), and they sit up on their haunches. she was breeding them on purpose that way. (nothing nice to say at all about her)
    Jacob was rescued from her. He was rejected because he got the most severe form of it, he has no forelimbs at all, just little stumps. But he lives a pretty normal life, he just gets down off the couch backwards.

Martini has no back foot, it is just a smooth stump ending at the ankle. We got him from a shelter, so they don't really know, but my vet guessed that it was a result of an umbilical cord wraparound, and that he has probably always had a short leg. He also has no idea he is different, and can run as fast as anybody!!!

GO SHELTER BABIES!!!!

i have not heard of her! what a FREAK! :noway: awe, i love that he gets off the couch backwards!

we recently adopted out a kitty we named tipsy. she had a partial amputation due to nerve damage to one of her front paws. for some reason after the surgery, her leg doesnt extend, so its pretty much always at a 90 degree angle. she has no idea though. she plays and uses it just fine. gosh, we have had so many! just thinking about them make me smile!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    All the pictures are so cute! I love animals!

I think that they are great companions even tho some can be hellions...esp at night!

:bigsmile:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I have two dogs and a cat...

Here's Daisy:
    Daisy.jpg

And here's Hercules (Basset Hound) and Medusa (Pitbull):
    S3000137.jpg

We just got Hercules three weeks ago
    I LOVE my babies! :)
  • heather0mc
    Options
    All the pictures are so cute! I love animals!

I think that they are great companions even tho some can be hellions...esp at night!

:bigsmile:

NO JOKE! just ask my downstairs neighbors...:devil:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I love how in love everyone is with their pets :flowerforyou: Especially the shelter pets :heart: :heart: mine are both shelter cats, and I love them to peices!

Heather the first pic, of sick charlie as a kitten almost makes me cry :ohwell: but he looks so handsome and healthy all grown up :flowerforyou: you did good!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    :love: Heather... LOVE your pics! :) SOOooooooo CUUuuuute!!
  • heather0mc
    Options
    I love how in love everyone is with their pets :flowerforyou: Especially the shelter pets :heart: :heart: mine are both shelter cats, and I love them to peices!

Heather the first pic, of sick charlie as a kitten almost makes me cry :ohwell: but he looks so handsome and healthy all grown up :flowerforyou: you did good!

awe, thanks! :flowerforyou: yea, he was a mess! i have a lot of pics from back then and they are hard to look at. his sister was sickly too, but not nearly as bad.
    here is one of my fav pics of him - with a foster baby who was adopted out back in 05. he loves to cuddle! seeing this makes me want to go take a nap! :yawn:
    So_sweet_3.jpg
  • heather0mc
    Options
    :love: Heather... LOVE your pics! :) SOOooooooo CUUuuuute!!

awe, thanks friend! :flowerforyou: love my kiddos! :heart: :love: :smooched:

i love all these pet pics! so stinkin cute!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

awe, thanks! :flowerforyou: yea, he was a mess! i have a lot of pics from back then and they are hard to look at. his sister was sickly too, but not nearly as bad.
    here is one of my fav pics of him - with a foster baby who was adopted out back in 05. he loves to cuddle! seeing this makes me want to go take a nap! :yawn:
    So_sweet_3.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :love:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

I know! It's really great!.... Addie was housed at PetSmart through a local animal shelter! Her mama and brother (whom was Orange) was also there!

Isn't it cute when they pose for the camera! hehe

addie18.jpg

addie17.jpg
  • heather0mc
    Options

I know! It's really great!.... Addie was housed at PetSmart through a local animal shelter! Her mama and brother (whom was Orange) was also there!

Isn't it cute when they pose for the camera! hehe

addie18.jpg

addie17.jpg

LOL! :laugh: looks like a little drama queen!
    my cat group (new beginnings cat rescue, tx) works out of a petsmart. i love that store - they are and have been so great to us. we have been volunteering there since 7/2004 and started our own group in 9/2005 - we kept the adoption center. we are there every day (50+ volunteers) to clean cages, twice a day and every weekend for adoptions. good times! kuddos to you for helping support adoptions at PM!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    We have two English bulldogs, Ozzy and Sharon, which I just love more than people most days, and two cats, Eddie and Pickles, never thought i'd be a cat person, but since we've moved to the country, field mice can be a problem, these guys do nothing but hunt mice! gotta respect em!
  • chunkabutt25
    chunkabutt25 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have a cat name Fat Cakes :bigsmile:

M pic wont work :ohwell: