Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I just started New Moon
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have read all of the first 3 and am about 1/3 a way thru the 4th - been that way for a month or so - I have plans to read the rest of it this weekend.

I :heart: Edward
    & Dr Cullen, well :blushing:
  • amanda11475
    amanda11475 Posts: 599
    Options
    I read all of them in about a week - they were great :happy:

definitely a little crushing on Jacob going on... :blushing:

I read all the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris (the books HBO based true Blood on) they're AWESOME - way better than the show and sort of a lighter Twilight series for adults...I recommend for anyone who enjoyed theTwilight books!
  • MissLissa
    MissLissa Posts: 43
    Options
    Ick. Twilight. Sorry, but I can't stand these books. I read all 4 of them, and I was a fan at first, with Twilight......and then I read New Moon, and liked it less, and then Eclipse and liked it even less, and then Breaking Dawn.....and well.....I'll just stop there about Breaking Dawn.
    Anyway. JMO.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just started the 1st book.......daughter has read them all about 4 times.....and I have lost count of how many times they have watched the movie.......
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Just finished New moon...I am starting to like jacob I dont like Edwards controlling ways.
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I watched the movie this weekend for the first time. Not something I would have rented normally but my daughter had it so, why not. I really liked the movie, but I knew nothing about it, and I hadn't read any of the books. Watched it twice in fact.
    I just started the book and it is really good so far......forgot to bring it to work today....darn it:grumble:
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Yep....I missed my whole summer vacation - spent the entire week with my nose in the series. Felt like I was 17 again, crushing on a boy in school. Though it's my hubby who reaped the benefits! :wink:

It's not an intellectual feast, but for us hopeless romantics out there - especially those of us who lean a little toward fantasy, it's a real gotcha!

Dragged hubby out to the opening night of the movie. I liked it ok, once I surrendered to it and stopped following the book in my head. ericac, I was wondering how the movie would stand up if you hadn't read the books first! I glad to hear you liked it on it's own.

I hope New Moon will be a little better now that they have a new director and a bigger budget - sometimes I think they tried to hard to use dialogue to move the plot along, rather than a more subtle approach. To me the best part of the books is what DOESN'T happen, it's all about the tension between the characters.