Please tell me I am not the only one

Options
Whenever I have something yummy in the house I feel compelled to eat it all quickly so it doesn't sit around the house for days tempting me.

My brother and husband think this is the most ridiculous thing ever, since I am scared of it tempting me to eat it, so my solution is to eat it all at once. I know, it really doesn't make sense.

I don't do this with everything, most goodies I can have in the house and eat in moderation....it's mostly stuff like holiday candy. My aunt got me a box of chocolates for hosting Christmas Eve and I think I ate the entire thing (it was a big one :blushing: ) in a day and a half.

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    yes...you are the only one. the only one in the entire chocolate eating world. HA...no...you are not alone. It helps to put the goodies away from eyesight. (if not getting it completely out of the house)
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You're not alone - it's why we don't have biscuits / crisps in the house - I'm terrible for eating things just to get rid of them! LOL
  • kimborious
    Options
    OMG I totally do this! You are not alone. I wiill eat a whole bag of chocolate chips or whatever and think THANK GOD THEY'RE GONE, and I feel like I can start fresh tomorrow. I am an all or nothing kind of gal. I would rather fail hard and fast than have to deal with little failures every day. YAY! I am so glad you posted about this. I thought I was alone too.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Been there.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I've come to the conclusion that I either have to eat it all quickly or eat a little and throw the rest away. The three guys I live with don't eat sweets or things I like to splurge on enough to help me eat them. I bought a box of Oreos over the summer and ate the whole thing over a couple days and it was NOT good for my weight loss. My one roommate said he'd help me but didn't so I ended up eating it all ... other things I've managed to eat a little of and throw the rest away. Have to NOT tell my boyfriend though 'cause he thinks I'm wasting money.
  • ShellyKratt
    ShellyKratt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No, you're not the only one. My goal next time this happens is to give it away in gift bags to my neighbors :)
  • Dnina1215
    Options
    If you know that you do these things maybe cut down on having them around. I used to eat simply out of boredom. I stopped having "Junk" in the house for me to get my hands on. i started going to the market and getting fresh fruit in the house so if I got the urge to eat something, at least it was good for me. I will on occasion have some Hershey kisses or something around the house.
  • Crbillings
    Crbillings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are so not alone - if the treat is in my house I will eat it - sometimes on a "strong day" I will throw whatever it is in the trash, but more often I will eat it until it is gone then feel like I can be stronger the next day. Because of my "habit" I try to not have anything in the house to tempt me. Out of sight doesn't even work, because my brain keeps telling me - it's in the cupboard behind the soup! And then I will get it out and eat it all!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    It happens to me on a regular basis. I went through a container of The Peanut Butter Co.'s Chocolate Dreams in 2 and a half days last week. It basically proved that I don't need any Chocolate Dreams in the house at this point and time. And don't get me started on the peanut butter fudge over the holidays. I couldn't walk past the kitchen without stopping for a piece...or half a piece and going to the kitchen twice as often. It was embarrassing:)
  • TaraBeFree
    TaraBeFree Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Literally, I just did that the night before last on a box of shortbread cookies I found from Christmas. Makes NO SENSE!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Not alone at all. We got given SO many boxes of chocolates over Christmas, and although I know how bad they are I can't bring myself to throw them out, seems like a waste, even though I don't actually WANT to eat them. (well, I do, but I know I shouldn't IYKWIM?)
  • FierceFitBeautiful
    Options
    Guilty as well :drinker:
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    This is me too! Last night it was an entire bin of nuts and dried fruit mix! I have to keep it out of the house or else I feel the "compulsion" too.
  • thegirl5200
    Options
    Been there..for me it is chips..if there is a bag in the house I have to eat the whole bag
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have something yummy in the house I feel compelled to eat it all quickly so it doesn't sit around the house for days tempting me.

My brother and husband think this is the most ridiculous thing ever, since I am scared of it tempting me to eat it, so my solution is to eat it all at once. I know, it really doesn't make sense.

I don't do this with everything, most goodies I can have in the house and eat in moderation....it's mostly stuff like holiday candy. My aunt got me a box of chocolates for hosting Christmas Eve and I think I ate the entire thing (it was a big one :blushing: ) in a day and a half.
    No, ONLY you -- :laugh:

Here is what you do - seriously!

GET THAT STUFF OUT!

That's the only solution I found that works.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    guilty as charged !!! :)
  • bbear
    bbear Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do that every time there are Baked Lays in the house. Kind of defeats the purpose of the baked thing...glad to know I'm not alone.
  • weeweesmom
    Options
    Just say "no" when you're grocery shopping - that way you only have to tell yourself no once instead of over and over again at home. I also try to re-gift fattening food gifts asap!
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i like to save the best for last so i eat it slowly over a week or so to make it last
    example: i currently have 1.5 gallon baggies filled with the most amazing popcorn in the world (garrets) but i only eat a couple cups a week because its so bad for me but i also get to enjoy it forever!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    The fudge got me good this Christmas. I don't keep sweets on hand or at least not gluten free ones. So long as they are gluten, you can't pay me to touch it but those GF goodies.... best to just not have them around.