Please tell me I am not the only one

Options

Replies

• LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!

So close to eating all the peanut butter cookies! Ugh!!!!!!!

Eat a mint! Nothing taste so good after a mint!
  • t4theo
    t4theo Posts: 9
    Options
    You're not the only one. It's really an eating disorder which is why we are all here.
  • kellimr
    kellimr Posts: 69
    Options
    I am the SAME way!! I did that through the ENTIRE Christmas holidays ~ get rid of it quick. Either I ate it, or gave it to my kids (they eat healthy and are slim so I don't feel bad pawning the treats off on them!). But now the house is full of HEALTHY food and I feel totally at ease...the treats are not calling my name ~ and it feels GREAT! This may be the only way I can live though....
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I've been having this mental battle the last few days with a bottle of wine that I opened. Seriously! Thinking that if I drink what's left of it, I won't be tempted to have any more because all my other bottles aren't open yet and I want to drink this one so that it's still fresh and tasty!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I usually try to put off eating tempting foods as long as possible...sorry, I don't gobble it all up for fear that it will tempt me.
  • thejackswild79
    Options
    I absolutely do this. A long standing holiday tradition in my house is to put favorite candy and chocolates into eachother's stockings. This year we committed to one bag. The rest was all gels, gu's and sport beans for running. HA! Still, that one back of Reece's Mini Peanut Butter Cups...I just wanted to eat it as quickly as I could to get it out of the house. I have really been working hard to just enjoy two a day after dinner. It is soooooooo hard, but so far so good. And thank god the bag is almost empty.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I've come to the conclusion that I either have to eat it all quickly or eat a little and throw the rest away. The three guys I live with don't eat sweets or things I like to splurge on enough to help me eat them. I bought a box of Oreos over the summer and ate the whole thing over a couple days and it was NOT good for my weight loss. My one roommate said he'd help me but didn't so I ended up eating it all ... other things I've managed to eat a little of and throw the rest away. Have to NOT tell my boyfriend though 'cause he thinks I'm wasting money.

Oreos are the enemy! I can't buy them or they will be gone in a couple days.
  • silentnacht
    Options
    I do this! I have learned to never ever, ever buy super unhealthy snacks at the store because I'll just end up binging on them as soon as I get home. My sister got me chocolate covered popcorn as a treat for Christmas and I almost made myself sick eating it all day. My brain just goes, "Oh, better to eat it all now so it's not around to tempt you later!" Ugh.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I recently had an engagement party and a lot of my guests brought me a bottle of wine as a gift. We also had a lot of left over beer. My kitchen counters and fridge were full of booze!!!!:drinker:

For most people, that's a nice problem to have.... but I have wanted to drink it all quickly so I can get back to an alcohol free house!! :laugh:
  • opticpoet
    opticpoet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am so guilty of this too. It's the justification and rationalization. Bleh. I am doing a "little" better with it but still have room for improvement. Soooo. Easy to give in. BLARGH!!! Curse you, delicious but bad-for-us foods!! :-D
  • teriojo
    teriojo Posts: 10
    Options
    Right now I am doing good, but I try not to put myself in the situation. I can say no 30 times in one day, and then scarf some candy that someone gave me and feel really bad about it once. Now I let people know that I can't have that stuff. If they bring it anyway, I am polite, but the minute they leave I give it away or even throw it away. It is not worth it.
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    Doritos. Can't eat just one serving. :bigsmile:
  • phyllis115
    phyllis115 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No, you're not the only one. Potato Chips are my weakness. I'll eat the whole bag, no matter what the size. My solution ? No chips allowed in the house. If they're not here, I can't eat them.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. However, eating it now or having it around the house to tempt you are not the only alternatives.

Open box of chocolates. Have one or two. Encourage family members that it's now or never if they want one. Now dump rest of chocolates in trash and put something particularly nasty on top. Problem solved.
  • williti
    williti Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I push it off on my 3 teens. Not healthy for them either but none of them have a problem with their weight.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I too am guilty of this. But last weekend I invited 3 different friends around for dinner with their families. I made a lovely starter and main course and then for dessert I literally emptied the cupboards of crap and encouraged everyone to eat. they ate a lot of it but there is still some left. I've got more friends coming round not this weekend (I am out - Take That concert with my mate - yey!) but the weekend after. That's not too far away for me to think I need to keep the crap for them. Ha. x
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    this is actually a form of addictive reasoning. it's something to be careful of.
  • wreckedredhead
    Options
    If there is some kind of goody in the house it "haunts" me until it is gone, so I figure I might as well just eat it all and get it out of the way. Especially frosting - I don't really like the cake, but love the frosting and I find my self cutting slices, eating the frosting and throwing the cake away or sneaking it to one of our dogs.
  • mbs0257
    Options
    You're not the only one! We all do it. What I started to do is when someone gifts me something that is a temptation, I thank them, and when they leave, I throw it out. Horrible, but thats what I do. If I keep it in the house, I'll definately eat it. We are all in the same boat. Don't beat yourself up!
  • williti
    williti Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Now dump rest of chocolates in trash and put something particularly nasty on top. Problem solved.

Old coffee grounds work for me. :tongue: