gym pet peeves

Options
jferris91
jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
What irritates you at the gym? What do you like seeing at the gym?

Replies

• carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    When people don't clean the machines they use. That's mine. =]
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options

If this were facebook, I'd 'Like' your comment a bajillion times!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Women wear way too much clothing.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    In the classes where we use steps, and the first people into the room space their steps so far apart, even though they KNOW there are a lot of other people that need to fit in. And I don't mean people who come in late...just people who aren't pushing to get in the room first. Then they give you dirty looks when you try to find a place for your step. Look around people - when the room is close to capacity, you can't create a huge moat of space around yourself. Also, these same people take two or three sets of weights, which leaves nothing but sets of one pounders or ten pounders for the rest of us. AND the instructors who seem oblivious to it all.
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Creeps that stare.

Those people who know so little but JUST WON'T STOP TALKING
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    Women wear way too much clothing.

^^ you're on my list. LOL
  • bbysars
    bbysars Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When people constantly stare at you because you're losing the fight with the cross trainer on level 10 and they're walking around just trying out all of the different weight machines.
  • Rubes
    Rubes Posts: 28 Member
    Options

AGREED!
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    guys that try to start a conversation with me about themselves -_-
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    He- men who put mega weights on the machines, groans and yells through a set, and then walk away w/o removing the mega weights!
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    What irritates you at the gym? What do you like seeing at the gym?

Oh i missed the second question.... I LOVE seeing teenagers at the gym. Makes me feel good about the next generation.
  • mcrowe1016
    mcrowe1016 Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Holding onto the treadmill...I just don't get it for 90% of the people I see holding on.
  • megz85g
    megz85g Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    people who get on the treadmill right next to you when your the only one there and there is 20 others they could use
    related to that, people who smell- not BO cos i know we all get that but just a real stink
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

This. Wipe your grossness off the machines!!
  • megz85g
    megz85g Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i love seeing hot guys working out topless
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Holding onto the treadmill...I just don't get it for 90% of the people I see holding on.

i see nothing wrong with not wanting to fall on ur butt
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    People that complain about me lifting weights THEY think are excessive. Like seriously, I've been doing this a while - leave me alone. Especially when they have clearly never done any weight lifting in their lives.
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    He- men who put mega weights on the machines, groans and yells through a set, and then walk away w/o removing the mega weights!

YES! I actually called someone out for this a couple months back. Typical beefcake *kitten* left six 45's on the lat pulldown. I put them away, walked over to him and said, "Next time, why don't you put the weights away yourself, rather than leaving it for me to do?"
  • shahendrickson
    shahendrickson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't like when people don't wipe down their machine or try to strike up a conversation with me when I have my headphones on. I love how clean my gym manager keeps my gym.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    -girls not using dbs heavier than 15lbs
    -big guys not lifting weights but on cardio machines (you're gonna be a stick whenever IF you're succesful)
    -guys that don't even struggle lifting their weights, you gotta let your heart out. When you fall unconcious, then you're doing it right