guys drive me nuts

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Wow a guy doesn't reply to one texts and we're all animals, *kitten*, theworstpeopleintheworld.
    Instead of playing mind games, why not just text an invite to your party...

Because women are irrational monsters.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt bother tbh! I have found with my bf who i have now been going out with for 4 years.
    He actually made an effort and done the chasing, so if he really likes you , he will chase you and I found that out after about 3 years of not being chased haha!

Trudy x

This. The best thing Ihave EVER done for my "love life" is read, "He's just not that in to You". A guy who only texts you when he is drinking just wants a booty call. Period.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    sucks he didn't respond. But as I got a little older, i made a rule for myself - if he stops calling/texting, then so do I. I would have sent him a message like you did, but if I didn't hear back, I'm not going to be chasing some guy who doesn't want to call me. I never really saw the point in that - i certainly didn't want to end up with a half assed boyfriend who didn't want to talk to me.

move on - find another. :glasses:

This ^ made that mistake once, never again
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say,but it sounds like he is just looking for someone to text when he is drunk and feeling frisky. He just wants someone to feed his ego!

Invite him, if he comes early and shows interest then he might have potential , if he comes late he might be hoping that you are drunk by then and just want a hookup!

Sorry that just the way it is.

If a man is interested, he will always respond to your text. If not then he may just be a boy playing games.
  • Scoobies100
    Options
    Honestly, if he hasn't been that active on the texting part of it, I wouldn't even invite him. Maybe it's just because I watched He's Just Not That Into You, but I think if a guy's not texting you back, he probably doesn't like you that much. Sorry if that's harsh. But if I like a guy and he texts me, I'm all over it.

Couldn't have put it better myself
  • santamommy
    Options
    My son said that if he only comes around and text when drunk you don't want to waste your time on him...no response from him now is a clear answer....he is not interested.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    She didn't say she had sex with him.:noway: Why did you say that?
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I used to live with 6 guys (we were all in our early 30s or late 20s), and it was probably the best research opportunity a woman could ever have. When a guy I was interested in was unresponsive, I used to ask them things like, "well, what if he's just shy?' or "Maybe he doesn't know how I feel?" They sat me down for an intervention and said if he was interested, he'd call. If you've been responsive and now he's not, move on." So, don't waste another minute on this one. You deserve to be pursued and made to feel like a goddess!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say,but it sounds like he is just looking for someone to text when he is drunk and feeling frisky. He just wants someone to feed his ego!

Invite him, if he comes early and shows interest then he might have potential , if he comes late he might be hoping that you are drunk by then and just want a hookup!

If a man is interested, he will always respond to your text. If not then he may just be a boy playing games.

This
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Look at her Edit: she said they hooked up.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

She said they "hooked up" which I took to mean as having sex.
    If that was a date for dinner and a movie I think it is fair to guess it would have been worded differently.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Its to easy to ignore a text. In any case, you need to give it a few days/week. Try calling?
    The party invite is a great idea.

Do you want a relationship or hook up? Promise another round of sex, if that doesn't get him, nothing will and you can move on.

But it sounds like he just wanted some new years fun. Sorry.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    so on new years eve I met a guy at a party and we were texting (usually when he was drunk) for a couple days after that. I havent heard from him since Thursday. I really want him to come to another one of the parties hosted in my apartment but I feel like I should wait until he texts me next since I dont wanna seem desperate also I texted him something early-last night and no response

Why do guys have to be pains- I thought he was great since he texted me (even though he was drunk but still) but then all of a sudden he stopped

EDITED: we did hookup and some of his texts were on how he wished we lived closer

Because it's only guys that are like this =)
  • happyhiram
    Options
    Y'see....when you use a plural like "guys" it makes it seem like you think ALL guys are like that. You don't think that do you? Also some women do this too. Neither gender is free from criticism when it comes to things like this.

But yeah, I wouldn't get worked up over someone who didn't return a text. Maybe send a text and invite him to your party and if he doesn't reply to that...then don't sweat it. He wasn't worth your time, then.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

Worry not!
    The next Mr Right might be at the next drinking party......
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Amazingly enough women do this exact same thing as well.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Guys are always supposed to pursue. I don't know why women can't be held to the same expectation.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    just invite him to the party, if he shows fine, if not fine! I wouldnt want a man in my life if he only texted me when he was drunk or just wanted a hook up/booty call. of course unless thats all I wanted!

but if you are looking for something more then Id move on....it is what it is!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think if a man only contacts you while drunk, and if that man has been drunk several times over the course of a few days, he's not someone you want to get too seriously involved with.

Just a thought.

And, as others have said, if he was interested, he'd text or call. It's usually pretty clear when a guy is interested.
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Honestly, if he hasn't been that active on the texting part of it, I wouldn't even invite him. Maybe it's just because I watched He's Just Not That Into You, but I think if a guy's not texting you back, he probably doesn't like you that much. Sorry if that's harsh. But if I like a guy and he texts me, I'm all over it.

I second this.

I read the book "He's just not into you" its a really easy read and you will never doubt again. Best Dating Book Ever.