Need to loose under 20 lbs and tone (join me?)

Options
Hello all,

So, I've done this before, but I fall off...I'm here again.
I need to loose 15 lbs and tone up. I need to loose inches of belly fat and tone my thighs.

People think that because I'm not severely over weight, I don't have to worry, diet etc. They don't get that I'm not happy like this. I want to be fit and feel good.

I'm sure there are more people in the same boat, that hear "you look fine" or "I wish I had your body" but I'M NOT HAPPY and I have to fix it.

So if you are like me and want to keep stats, and log food and get/give motivation...join me.

Maureen

Replies

• cmedure
    Options
    Me too. I am with you friend
  • maryporter2
    Options
    Hi i need to lose probably around 10 more pounds and really need to tone up my stomach and thighs to.
    Mary
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i will join ya! im in the same boat. without a paddle lol... my hubby tells me all the time i look just as sexy (3 kids later) as i did when we got married (15 yrs ago on feb 8) but i dont see it!!!
  • phoebe2488
    phoebe2488 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I need to lose right around 20 to get to my goal weight and definitely need to tone up. A lot of people keep telling me, "You look great and don't lose anymore", but I am still in the overweight category and definitely need to lose more! :-)
  • southernmess86
    Options
    I am a mom that simply cannot seem to lose that last 20lbs. I will totally join you in this! If you have any tips or ideas to help out please let me know. I have lost around ten to fifteen pounds since i had my daughter, however, the last 20 have been a great struggle! Please please help!!
  • Ann_Marie_76
    Ann_Marie_76 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I will join you!! I have about 10-15 pounds to lose, but want/need to tone!!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm in! I feel the extra weight when I run, and I don't like it! Everything is harder with extra weight hanging around.
  • shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I need to loose about 10lbs and need to tone as well. Right now my exercise consists of picking up the remote and changing the channel LOL!
  • jessrect
    jessrect Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm the same boat you are except I want to lose 10 lbs. I'll be glad to do this with you :)
  • ChickaDee2012
    ChickaDee2012 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! Count me in! I would like to lose 15-20 lbs this year. I turn 49 and am aiming to be in the best health and shape...especially before I hit 50 next year. Would be really nice to do this with others :)
  • ksbob
    ksbob Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm in! I'm not worried aboout the tone as much as the weight. Lets Get IT ON!:smile:
  • KWright76
    KWright76 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I am at my goal but I need to tone.
  • smberry1
    Options
    I am with you. I have 20 pounds to loose and need to get serious about exercising and toning my thighs, abs, and butt.There are sooo many exercises to do. My question is what really works on the abs, and the thighs for toning? What really work for the butt for a tone and lift? I am for true options and opinions.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    WOW!! GREAT!! I'm so happy to have friends in the same boat.

OK, So what I'm doing. And any advice is welcomed.

First off, I'm taking Safflower oil 1-2x daily after watching Dr. Oz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peRdCWybw-g

I eat LOW carb and high protein.

I'm trying to get to the gym at lunch as many days a week as I can and do 30 minutes on the eliptical or treadmill (or a class if there is one that is high cardio) and trying to get to my CKO kickboxing class as many times a week as I can as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXhfFUcIIRA

Of course I'm not perfect and slip from time to time but if I can cut out Chinese food and eating out for a while, I'm sure I'll see results. I actually feel like I'm already seeing a bit in my thighs and belly...but I'm going to wait a few weeks to measure and really check because I DIDN'T PUT THE WEIGHT ON IN A WEEK, SO I WONT LOOSE IT IN A WEEK.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm in the same boat too. I fell off the wagon after foot surgery and the holidays. I want to lose about 10 pounds and need to tone up my thighs, tummy and butt. I also need to get back in shape for cycling season. Feel free to add me :)
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all! 3 kids later....15 lbs to lose....hardest 15 lbs ever....Being in a healthy weight range doesn't mean that I am any more comfortable with my body though than someone that needs to lose 50!
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I am with you. I have 20 pounds to loose and need to get serious about exercising and toning my thighs, abs, and butt.There are sooo many exercises to do. My question is what really works on the abs, and the thighs for toning? What really work for the butt for a tone and lift? I am for true options and opinions.

Ok, so please note that ALL OF THIS IS MY OPINION.

Core exercises and squats.
    Planks are GREAT! Hold in you core as you walk, sit etc. When ever your working out, hold in your core, which is not just your stomach. To really hold in your core you have to kinda push your pelvis forward, engage your lower abs.
    Eliptical (while clenching your glutes) and leg kicks forward, controlled and back.
    If you look up those CKO videos I bet there are some really good workouts. I'll look tonight if I can.

If you can join a program like CKO in your area...do it...even if it's for 3 months. It's intense and the amount of training is priceless!!!!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    did I write the original post?!?

sounds just like my story!! LOL

I am in, anybody please add me.............

I am so clueless and feel so frigin lazy right now. I am having a super hard time forcing myself to go to the gym but I know that it is necessary........sooooooooo

what is everybody's plan???
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I am in.

I have about 5 lbs left to lose (I was there on November but put it all back on over the holidays). That puts me in the high middle of the healthy weight range for my height. I really want to tone, esp. my stomach. I did a downward dog the other day, and I really didn't like what I saw.

My husband and I just started our second round of Insanity. I like running but find it harder to get motivated to get out there when it is cold. Santa brought me Your Shape 2012 for Christmas so I have been trying to use that at least 3 times a week.

Good luck to everyone!
  • flybaby031605
    Options
    Totally new to this. But I am in the same boat. Lose 20 & tone.