Need to loose under 20 lbs and tone (join me?)

Options

Replies

• cleach29
    Options
    I totally understand! I only need/want to lose about 15 lbs (I am at the high end of the "healthy" BMI range for my height). I think I eat fairly well (I try to!!) and I exercise for about an hour (30 mins cardio, 30 mins lifting) about 3-4 times per week. I haven't seen much change in my weight, but as you said - I didn't gain it overnight and I won't lose it all overnight :) It's nice to hear so many people with similar weight loss goals/challenges.
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    What's toning?
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    WOW!! What a response!! This is so awesome....

So the Possitive side to this is : We don't have "a lot" to loose and we still look pretty damn good.
    The negative is: Since we don't have a lot to loose, it's all the much harder to loose!!!

Why don't we come to this post daily and post what we've done for the day.

Today can be day 1:
    Diet/exercise/ misc.

And we can add tips as we find them. Things that work for us...etc.
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    What's toning?
    Toning is tightening up those muscles. Core exercises, etc.
    Building some muscle to help loose fat...
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    BELLY FAT:

See my first post. Safflower oil is supposed to help. I am testing it out.

Also, probiotics (Align) help clean out your system and make it easier for your body to release waste.
  • Jingle603
    Jingle603 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in, especially another shorty (5'4") where 5-10 pounds makes such a huge difference. This is my first time posting or joining a group, but I need to blast past this two month plateau...well not really that, with the holidays and sick kids I haven't been working out much. I'm happy with where I'm at eating wise, really only need to lose about 5-6 more pounds but really tone up. Hoping getting back on the exercise routine will help with that.
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    WOW!! What a response!! This is so awesome....

So the Possitive side to this is : We don't have "a lot" to loose and we still look pretty damn good.
    The negative is: Since we don't have a lot to loose, it's all the much harder to loose!!!

Why don't we come to this post daily and post what we've done for the day.

Today can be day 1:
    Diet/exercise/ misc.

And we can add tips as we find them. Things that work for us...etc.

Sounds great! Today I worked out on the Wii doing Jillian Michaels Ultimate Fitness 2010 for the abs. Its not a great calorie burn, but its a really good workout. Today was only the second time I had done it. The last time my abs were sore for several days. Hoping to have sore abs again tomorrow!
  • amh1974
    amh1974 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am so with you! Add me as a friend we can keep each other motivated!
  • sticki
    sticki Posts: 9
    Options
    Me too, 10 lbs would make me happy if I could tone the whole lot up! I recently injured my knee doing Zumba, which I LOVE and was my answer to consistent exercise. Now I have to find an alternative until my knee heals fully (if it does) but I am a bit bummed out and could do with some motivation from folks in the same boat! I'm in!
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and have 17 pounds to goal
  • aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump . . . 'til I get back from the grocery store.
  • atiffany1
    Options
    friend request sent your way. I'm in the same boat. lost my first 8 lbs, have about 5-10 more to do... depends on how I feel, I dont exactly know the end amount I want to lose.
  • shaymous
    Options
    I am with you :) i have about 10 to lose, but i need to tone up more than anything! i do not want to get the dreaded saddle bags that run in my family! LOL
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have 17 lbs to go to reach my goal. I recently joined a gym and got serious about my food diary again!!
  • Arwen1922
    Arwen1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YES>>>>
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I need to lose 10lbs....and it doesn't seem to be budging!!
  • shavonn98
    shavonn98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I with you, I have the same issue. I just need to tone my thighs and lose a few inches however because I'm considered small by others standards, people think I'm crazy when I say I wanna lose 10 -15lbs.
  • kerrymarie26
    kerrymarie26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same situation and I get told that by everybody. I'll join you with this, feel free to add me, I'm just getting started recording myself :) Good Luck
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

So, I've done this before, but I fall off...I'm here again.
    I need to loose 15 lbs and tone up. I need to loose inches of belly fat and tone my thighs.

People think that because I'm not severely over weight, I don't have to worry, diet etc. They don't get that I'm not happy like this. I want to be fit and feel good.

I'm sure there are more people in the same boat, that hear "you look fine" or "I wish I had your body" but I'M NOT HAPPY and I have to fix it.

So if you are like me and want to keep stats, and log food and get/give motivation...join me.

Maureen

Sounds familiar :)
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So excited that there are so many of us "stuck" trying to lose the last bit :) I know that's wrong but I have been stuck at 138-140 for seriously like 8 months....I don't care if it's where my body is comfortable! I am 5'6" ish and would still be perfectly healthly if I dropped 15! Sorry to be excited that there are so many of us - but it's nice not to feel like I'm all alone!!! lol....

YESTERDAY, I ran 2 miles and worked through a new lifting routine with a trainer at my gym - I'm starting power lifting today! Woohoo! I'm excited but a little nervous...My weights are set HIGH....which is what I want but upper body strength is not my strong area! So, from here on out I will be lifting 2x's a week and running for four (training for a half in may!!!)....I am also aiming to eat a steady 1500 a day regardless of exercise. Of course, days that I burn a lot I eat more....but I am trying to make it healthier!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!