Need to loose under 20 lbs and tone (join me?)

Options

Replies

• LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I feel that same why! Can't tell ya how many times I've hear, "You look great for having had kids!" That is just not cutting it for me...and I'm getting older, so the weight will just start to creep up if I don't do something about it now.

I've been doing Boot Camp, Free weights, Zumba and running.

Feel free to add me, I'm always looking to motivate and be motivated : )
  • Savora
    Savora Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm in, I have 20 more till goal and am doing beachbody workouts to tone right now and ready to get this done by summer!
  • susanjackson66
    susanjackson66 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I really need to tone my abs. Feel free to add me!:smile:
  • Bheller234
    Options
    Hello, It does seem like a lot of us have this same problem. I am always up for any help i can get and willing to try and help as much as i can in return. I will join you in this! We can do this!

Brandi :happy:
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    I'm on my last 20lbs to lose and I hear the 'oh you don't need to lose anymore' or 'you look fine as you are' comments all the time as so far I've lost 80lbs over the last 6 years.

It's hard for people to grasp that if you are not happy with yourself you are not happy.... so I've stopped trying to convince them. I call it negative positivity because they are paying you a compliment but by the same token it doesn;t make you feel good as they don't get it and they don't know where your headspace is.

BUT having said that it is annoyingly frustrating ;)

I've started going to the gym in my lunchhour too, mainly for the mental aspect and for getting that extra burn.

So I'm in :D Let's do it gang!
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely with you - I’m hoping to loose about 10 more lbs and tone up. If I’m putting all this effort into loosing weight I want to look as nice as possible and that means no more wobbly thighs!

Now, just to get over the gym fear and ask for help devising a plan! Any suggestions for a 30-60min gym plan for all round toning? Bear in mind that I haven’t been to the gym in ages and fear I may fall over and make a fool of myself the first few times.
  • chatty10
    Options
    Yes, I too need to lose 15-20 pounds. I'm eating 1200 calories a day, exercising 50-60 minutes a day and not much is happening. Do you all eat back your exercising calories?
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post myself! I'm in the same boat...would love to lose 15 and tone up. And I'm so sick of people saying that I look fine, I don't need to diet...etc. Like you said, I'm not happy this way and that's what matters! I'm over 135 pounds, which in my opinion is way too much on my 5'3 medium-sized frame. I don't want to look OKAY, I want to look GOOD. And in my opinion, unless I'm fully clothed, I don't even look okay!
  • starross87
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat, would love to join you in your weight loss/maintenance of weight journey! people like us, we're right in the middle of going one of two ways so let's try hard to go the way that's healthy and fit!
  • stcar
    stcar Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am so with you!!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    On a side note- I'm so glad to not be alone! I'll be adding you guys!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Totally could be up for this i have been on a low carb (under 150) an a high protein for at least 6 months now (over 100 protein). i also cut my sodium down to 1500 or under and I barely drink alcohol. The effects have been great!
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm in I have 8 to 12 pounds to lose, after 5 kids, the stomach could really use some tone!
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have 13 'til I hit my first goal and then I will reassess. Feel free to add me (with a message, please!).
    Should we start a group?
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. I would love to lose another 20ish pounds and tone up. I hate when people tell me that I don't need to lose any weight. I'm 5'3'' and every extra pound shows! I want to be happy with my body, and currently, I am not.
  • smurfee11
    Options
    Totally with you!! Just need to lose 15 myself. I workout daily and it just wont budge!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose another ~13lbs and lose more belly flab and upper thigh flab. I'm at 138 right now (5'4"). I'm 34 and I have three kids.

I run and I'm hoping to run a half marathon this summer before my 35th birthday. I also do a bunch of JM dvds.
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I need to tone! I have lost 60 pounds, and I'm about right where I want to be weight wise. I do want to tone my arms, legs, and stomach!!
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    anybody belong to a planet fitness?

mine has the 30 minute circuit that I am going to start using. anybody do this?
  • clwasmer
    clwasmer Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Me too :) I was here in May and was at the weight I wanted to be then fell off the wagon :( now 17 lbs heavier I'm back! Zumba, Hip Hop Abs and Yoga twice a week and walking as much as I can and always taking the stairs!! Belly fat sucks :)