For the guys ... how's a girl to know?...

Options

Replies

• Legalchica
    Options
    ummm if he does like you and doesnt tell you why bother?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    He throws rocks at you. I had much success with this in kindergarten.

Hair pulling works also.

Hair pulling is a direct link to my heart... FYI.

writing.gif
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Sooooo, I guess sending a note saying that i like you and asking you to check 'yes' or 'no' if you like me too is not the way to go? i'm fresh out of ideas. guess it's time to move on to the 4th grade.

hahahahaha thanks i was trying to be nice :)
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    if you're from Lower Sackville, NS and he didn't respond with a " Holy eh! I totally dig you too eh.. Holy Eh? There's a mouse in my beer eH? Holy." Then i'm also voting for he's not that into you..

If a girl told me she dug me and I was into her.. I would take my pants off in excitement and scream Touch my pee pee!

Ok what?! This post is getting out of control..
  • Don26
    Don26 Posts: 46
    Options
    Seriously though...he may just be shy for whatever reason.
    Maybe he had a bad experience with some bimbo in the past and is reluctant...who knows.
    If you really want this guy, suck it up and ask him out.
    One way or another you will have your answer and you will never know unless you try.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'd take that as: he still wants to be friends, but doesn't feel the same way. :(

How shy is this guy around other women? If he is normally a very shy guy then you'll need to make the next move yourself.

You also need to look at the women that he's dated in the past to figure out what type of girls he likes. Are they tall, short, skinny, big, outgoing, shy, confident, needy, ... do you fit his "type".

I always very shy and dated the skinny, quiet, needy types of girls and I had a friend that was the total opposite (drama/music major) that made it clear that she liked me. I just didn't have the same feelings but we still remained friends and spent a lot of time together.

It won't necessarily end your friendship but it's good to get it out in the open.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in the ages of the majority of the posters. Especially the ones who say it's basically all or nothing.

I have been in a long term relationship for 21+ years. I haven't got a clue how to flirt anymore and I am super shy, which is probably why I am still in this relationship. My ability to read signals from guys is seriously stunted. LOL. I can only imagine it's the same with the guys who have been married and are back out playing the field.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I push her to the ground and call her stupid

seriously. what are we, in third grade? any guy that tells you he likes you is socially inept and doesn't know how to date or woo a girl.

you know how i tell a girl i like her? "would you like to have dinner with me? some place nice, just the two of us." usually the girl gets the really subtle hint that i am asking her out on a date.

ooooo good one...that made me all giddy and I'm engaged lol
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    If you enjoy his company, continue to stay friends with him. You've made it easy enough for him that if he had those feelings, he'd come forward. The fact that he blushed tells me he's a little immature and needs to grow up some. Anyway, don't push it unless you don't want to just stay friends. I doubt the all or none is what you're looking for though...

Well ... he is 10 years younger then me. Is that bad? lol.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    you know how i tell a girl i like her? "would you like to have dinner with me? some place nice, just the two of us." usually the girl gets the really subtle hint that i am asking her out on a date.

I think this one's on to something here.
  • realtommccarthy
    Options
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahaha
  • ljd0693
    Options
    If you enjoy his company, continue to stay friends with him. You've made it easy enough for him that if he had those feelings, he'd come forward. The fact that he blushed tells me he's a little immature and needs to grow up some. Anyway, don't push it unless you don't want to just stay friends. I doubt the all or none is what you're looking for though...

Hmm, that might make things a little tougher. Fling or long term?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

If you are 23
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

If you are 23

lol.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Aww I love making a man blush!!! And I blush easily myself.

10 years younger? I guess it only matters if he thinks it's "bad".
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I push her to the ground and call her stupid

swoon :flowerforyou:
  • ljd0693
    Options

In that case just jump his bones and often as you can. LOL
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I put gum in her hair and scream about girl cooties!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've always found it pretty obvious...whether he likes me or doesn't.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I'd take that as: he still wants to be friends, but doesn't feel the same way. :(

How shy is this guy around other women? If he is normally a very shy guy then you'll need to make the next move yourself.

You also need to look at the women that he's dated in the past to figure out what type of girls he likes. Are they tall, short, skinny, big, outgoing, shy, confident, needy, ... do you fit his "type".

I always very shy and dated the skinny, quiet, needy types of girls and I had a friend that was the total opposite (drama/music major) that made it clear that she liked me. I just didn't have the same feelings but we still remained friends and spent a lot of time together.

It won't necessarily end your friendship but it's good to get it out in the open.

I get butterflies everytime I know I am going to see him ... and get giddy like a teenager around him. He flirts back with me but who knows. He has been very "giddy" around me too. And is always "adjusting" himself around me ... this is supposed to be a sign? lol.

He is friends with so many "perfect" looking girls and with me just getting into being comfortable in my new body ... I keep telling myself "I am good enough". I've been single 9 years so I'm so out of sorts here ... and I am 36 ... he is 26.