What ARE the dating rules?

Options
La_Amazona
La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
So I took this from the other thread. I'm new to dating. I've gone out several times with several guys. It's fun but about one of the most nervewrecking things ever! I am impatient by nature so I have a feeling I'm not following the "rules". I'm such a newbie at this that I even googled "dating rules" to find out what they're all about. Of course a million things came up and I got overwhelmed. I've been out of the game for 11 years!!

What are the rules that I need to know??

And yes, for me, I probably will break the rules because if I like someone, I can't hide it. But not everybody lives like me. A guy I could be totally into could be totally into RULES. I need to learn something new today! :bigsmile:

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    The guy is always wrong.

Next question.

:tongue:
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Rules? Nah, it's all up you. You make your own rules and if they send one guy running, he wasn't one you'd enjoy dating!

Wanna ask a guy out? Do it! You don't have to wait for them to ask you out or be the first to show interest.

JM
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend usually just brings or makes something up as he goes along. It's something new every week and usually benefits him a lot more. So I just started making up rules of my own. I think the rules vary between people lol.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    The guy is always wrong.

Next question.

No no no! I'd never let a guy thing he's wrong UNTIL after we're married... :bigsmile: Gotta hook him in somehow.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    The guy is always wrong.

Next question.

:tongue:

I LOVE YOU CARL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    There are NO rules...JUST HAVE FUN
  • KingBee79
    KingBee79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The guy is always wrong.

Next question.

No no no! I'd never let a guy thing he's wrong UNTIL after we're married... :bigsmile: Gotta hook him in somehow.

That's funny....scary funny....:laugh:
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    But there ARE rules!!!

I know it. It doesn't mean I will follow them (I'm a taurus and stubborn as hell and I'm a preacher's kid so usually what you tell me to do, I will do the opposite) but I kinda would like to know if I've broken one yet.
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    1-Cardio
    2-The Double Tap
    3-Beware of Bathrooms
    4-Wear Seat Belts
    5-No Attachments
    6-The “Skillet”
    7-Travel Light
    8-Get a Kick *kitten* Partner
    9-With your Bare Hands
    10-Don’t Swing Low
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    The guy is always wrong.

Next question.

That's funny....scary funny....:laugh:

Funny huh Vicente!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'll give the only advice you can count on. Use sunscreen.

The rest is up to you.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    But there ARE rules!!!

I know it. It doesn't mean I will follow them (I'm a taurus and stubborn as hell and I'm a preacher's kid so usually what you tell me to do, I will do the opposite) but I kinda would like to know if I've broken one yet.

since you're clearly not into following rules (me either!), would you want to be with a guy that is?

Edit: I've never been backwards in coming forward when I was single. If I liked a guy, he knew it fairly quickly. And if he wasn't interested, at least I knew and could move on.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    no underwear allowed
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    ha I'm a taurus too.

Rules hmm.

If you call too soon you are clingy.
    If you call too late you aren't interested.
    If you wait X dates before kissing you are too uptight.
    If you give it up right away you are not into serious relationships and just looking for fun.

If a guy likes you and flirts with you but you do not find him attractive, he is creepy.
    If a guy likes you and flirts with you and you find him attractive, he is charming.

I think that about sums up the major points.
  • La_Amazona
    Options
    But there ARE rules!!!

since you're clearly not into following rules (me either!), would you want to be with a guy that is?

I think I have followed some actually, without knowing it. I think. Ha!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    1-Cardio
    2-The Double Tap
    3-Beware of Bathrooms
    4-Wear Seat Belts
    5-No Attachments
    6-The “Skillet”
    7-Travel Light
    9-With your Bare Hands
    10-Don’t Swing Low

hell to the yes lmao!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    dating is pretty easy these days, in my opinion. you have all these things like groupon, living social, etc to give people that normally aren't that creative an idea of fun stuff to do.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Basic dating rule: I'm not allowed to. My wife would kill me. Painfully. I love my woman. She is fierce.

The guy is always wrong.

Next question.

That's diabolical and brilliant.
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    Chivalry is not dead and a man should treat you to some of it :) But the rest of the time just have fun and be yourself, if he likes you he will keep asking you out and if he doesn't it's his loss.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    1-Cardio
    2-The Double Tap
    3-Beware of Bathrooms
    4-Wear Seat Belts
    5-No Attachments
    6-The “Skillet”
    7-Travel Light
    9-With your Bare Hands
    10-Don’t Swing Low

Lol!

Classic rules? Here's a few I suppose -

Play the shy card once you get the guy's attention,
    Don't be overly forward, just enough to draw him in
    Don't be *too* eager with the phone, ex: you don't have to call back RIGHT THEN
    Enjoy some classic dates before getting very involve (the Park, walk about town & grab lunch or supper at a sidewalk café etc)

Is that what you're looking for La_Amazona?

JM