HATE Veggies!!

Options
13»

Replies

• MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any suggestions on what to eat if you don't like veggies??? I really wish I did, but I can't stand them, except of course for corn and potatoes... lol

Do you hate tomatoes and cucumbers too?

I do have raw cabbage, tomato, cucumbers and raw carrots salads, I add black pepper to get better taste, black pepper helps to make you feel fuller too, and it's a fat burner.

I also do lovely jacket potatoes (in Uk they are called like that, in the oven with the skin until they get soft), with tuna, some cheese and fresh sweetcorn on the side, makes a yummi meal, I also add black pepper to burn extra fat!:D

I've always hated green veggies like asparragus, brussels sprouts, green beans and so on.... unless I had homemade mayonnaise. Solution? I've learned how to do my own homemade mayo, so now I eat all sorts of veggies with a little of mayo, use Ketchup if you like it, it's better than mayo and it has a lot less calories.

Another great idea is to have them steamed, rather than boil, and add some kind of spice to it, like black pepper or mediterranean bbq seasoning, it adds a special touch, and no calories at all.

I've also noticed I hated them because in my house they always had them very cooked, I've always left them aside when I was a teenager, now that I cook, I've learn that having them rawer they taste nicer when they still crunch,... so I do put them all in roast tray, and off they go in the oven for 45 mins... I usually use red peppers, courgettes, onion, tomatoes, aubergine (helps to lose weight!) and parsnips, that and a little bit of olive and natural spices..or a some kind of veggie stock... disguises the taste of veggies and taste yummy :D

Becareful with the sauces you use though, because they might have more calories than eating a proper dinner with meat, so then you'll be eating veggs in vain!!
  • ajpwillis
    Options
    Okay couple of more things that helped we overcome my hate for veggies

1. Olive Garden Salad Dressing....only salad I remotely liked was olive garden's...imagine my glee when I found out you could buy it buy the bottle. I now eat salad at lunch and dinner almost everyday. I can't say that I love it, but its bearable. The dressing isn't the healthiest, but I just put a little and it helps tons!

2. Raw veggies! I hate cooked vegetables and raw ones don't really taste so neither ones are really pleasurable to eat to me. However I much prefer a crunchy raw carrot than a cooked mushy one! I also just started munching on celery...again it doesn't taste and its annoying to eat it, but at least I'm getting some veggies in!

Extra Tip: My Biggest Loser cookbook says to try to eat a serving of salad, servings of raw fruit and at least one serving of a raw vegetable.

10736120.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    If you Really hate veggies...don't eat them.
    They are great for vitamins and fiber, but take a multi vitamin, eat some whole grain cereals or breads and go on!
    Its recommended to get vitamins and fiber from fresh fruits and vegetables, but not required. Life will go on.....

I know we are all entitled to our opinions but I completely disagree with this statement, and think it is dangerous advice. A multivitamin contains only a few hundred (at most?) compounds, many of which are synthesized. To say that taking a MV is the same as fruits and vegetables is false, as there are thousands of phytonutrients and antioxidants that our bodies need. Some of these are only made available through eating whole fruits and vegetables. The "Handbook of Phytochemical Constituents of GRAS Herbs and Other Economic Plants" lists over 15000 compounds in 250 important foods and plants. If you take a look at a single simple apple, there are over 400 of these compounds.

The medical and nutrition field is continually changing, as they understand more about the food we eat. It was only a few months ago that an article was published, in which RNA from rice was found to survive the digestive process and affect our gene expression.
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2011/09/21/what-you-eat-affects-your-genes-rna-from-rice-can-survive-digestion-and-alter-gene-expression/

The point here is that there is so much that is not known about how our bodies and the foods we eat interact. Why gamble your life on not eating right?

So while you would probably "survive" by replacing vegetables with a MV, grains, and fiber you definitely would not be very healthy. If you want to LIVE your life to the fullest, make the conscious decision to change your life and find what works for you. Unfortunately eating only a couple of your fruits or vegetables is not enough either. Eating 10 apples a day is not the same as eating 10 different servings of F&V. You need to eat all the colors of the rainbow so to speak!

I don't like eggplant, but I found a way to smoke it on the BBQ that is really good. If I wasn't going to ever eat an eggplant, then beets would be another great purple vegetable to eat.
  • ajpwillis
    Options
    And one more veggie thing I started today...

I put spinach leaves on my sandwich....I was very hesitate about the first bite but I could not even taste them or tell they were there!
  • chanson104
    Options
    My problem exactly!! I take a juice plus orchard blend capsule. It is a capsule that has vegetable juice in it...so you just swallow it and you get the nutrients you need! My Mother in law buys them for me so I am not 100% sure where she gets them, but I think Walgreens and health food stores have them.

Also Green giant has some awesome low calorie vegetable steamers about 45 cal a serving. They are covered in an awesome that makes them more bearable. They even have sweet corn for 45 cal and it is the best corn I have ever had! I never liked broccoli but I made myself try there broccoli and cheese sauce...also 45 cal. It is really good!!! I eat it all the time now...you can buy multi packs at Sams to save money :)

Hope that helps!!
    Juice Plus is sold by private distributors. It is a wonderful product. You can probably find someone in your area that sells it by googling it.
  • chanson104
    Options
    Try eating broccoli sprouts. You don't have to eat nearly as much to get the same benefits as broccoli, and it does not have as strong of a flavor.
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    Make a veggie soup! Puree a tomato, and throw in whichever herbs you like :) Add your choice of veggies! I'd probably choose corn, potatoes, carrots, celery, and green beans. Yum :)